Back to Karaoki Support Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ifelfrit
    Participant

I have Karaoki installed on two laptops. It operates well on my old ‘steam-driven’ Pentium device, which has numerous other programs installed. However, on the new laptop, with nothing else installed it refuses to do its job. After numerous goes at running the PCDJ Codec Pack, reinstalling and rebooting as instructed in Support, it now loads the MP4 videos successfully, but on pressing the Play button, nothing happens. I have now wasted two days trying to get this to work and I am desperate for SOME help.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

I assume that on this same machine you can load/play mp3+G files without issue? Just want to check on that to make sure it’s not a audio driver related issue. If it is indeed mp4 files only, then it’s unfortunately codec related. There are three packs you can try that we know have worked for many Karaoki customers to play various video formats – but if all three don’t work, there isn’t a whole lot that you can do to make them work, other than a fresh install of windows (and make sure you don’t load any other media software). It’s about finding the right combination of file format, codec, and graphics card drivers – and something the major formula doesn’t materialize. If you play a lot of video files you may want to try LYRX — as it’s built on our DEX 3 technology and plays all video formats natively: http://www.lyrxkaraoke.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.