Tagged: ,

Back to DEX 3 Support Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ani1900
    Participant

Hi,

I am new user and just installed the Windows Trial version. I started having some sound crackling issue. Can anyone help a bit? Thanks!

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Are you using your built in audio device (sound card) in your computer, or a pro audio USB interface or DJ controller with one built in? If just your on-board sound card, the issue is likely caused by the last Windows 10 update – which has crippled direct sound and WASAPI for many applications. It’s impacted games the most, and since DEX 3 runs in its own environment, much like a game, it’s been a problem for some of our customers as well. Microsoft is well aware of the problem and we suspect a patch will be released soon. In the meantime, a great option and upgrade in a sense, is to use ASIO4ALL as an alternative driver.

Go to http://www.asio4all.org and install asio4all (first download link). Open up DEX 3 and under the ‘audio routing’ tab in options, select asio4all from the ‘select audio device’ drop down menu. See how DEX 3 and sound performs for you then!

ani1900
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I am using an inbuilt device. By the way can this be of any help, kindly have a check and let me know. Probable Solution For Crackling Issue.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.