Back to DEX 3 Support Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

waynenic
    Participant

What am I missing – these songs played just fine (audio and video) just 3 weeks ago?

Please help waynenic

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  waynenic.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Go into options, under the “audio routing” tab, and make sure your correct audio output device is selected under ‘select audio device’ (drop down menu). That’s likely your issue!

waynenic
    Participant

Thanks Ryan, I have experienced that a lot. Perhaps in cases like these, you could have your developers have the program remember the last setting when the computer is turned off.

But no, I’ve tried all the settings including ASIO4, 6 or 7 times. I also deleted Dex 3 and reloaded it, the same thing. I tried it on my laptop with a the demo program Still no go. Then I tried using Party Time Subscription and it works fine. Leaving me to think something happened to my song data file (I’m using CDG+3 files) but I can’t see anything wrong here.

Do You have any other Ideas?
    waynenic

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

It does remember the last setting every time. The issue is on windows (especially 10) the audio interface (sound card) will not TURN ON at all until something is plugged into the headphone jack. Therefore, if you open up DEX 3 without something plugged into the jack, DEX 3 will not see the device, and default to nothing at all. So, if you make sure to always have something plugged into the jack prior to opening up DEX 3 it won’t be a problem. However, even better, using a pro audio USB interface with 2 stereo outputs (so you also have headphone pre-fade listening, with 2 channel output and superior connections) you won’t ever run into the issue providing it’s plugged in before you launch DEX 3.

If you tried those setting “asio” — when you select the options, does it show the channels on the drop down menus? Such as 1+2 next to Deck A (under the audio routing tab in options)? If not, that means the sound card isn’t talking to the driver. The driver/device needs to be plugged in/on prior to opening up DEX 3 for it to access the device and driver.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Wait, so you’re saying the party tyme files play fine, but not yours?

Are you using unzipped mp3+G files? Could you have moved either the CDG or MP3 files to a different directory? meaning, they are no longer in the same folder on your hard drive (they would need to be in the same folder and labeled exactly the same for DEX 3 to play both audio/video for the karaoke track)?

Are they actually mp3+G, or a different format?

waynenic
    Participant

Yes, the party time files play fine, but not my MP3+G. And yes they are mostly unzipped files run through the Karaoke File Name Fixer. All the songs are in the same folder and the CDG nested right next to the MP3 file. Interesting thing; I can even play the MP3 half of the file through any of my other audio players.

Please don’t give up on me yet Ryan. I have a gig tomorrow night. and I would love to have the song data file I’m used to using.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Karaoke File Name fixer won’t unzip the files, just rename them. Try starting over with fresh database. If you’re using the latest 3.14 of DEX 3, go into options, under the general tab and click the “Data Folder” button. When the folder opens, CLOSE DEX 3. Then, from within the folder go into the database folder. In that folder DELETE the file labeled “database”. Now launch DEX 3 again and batch import all your karaoke songs again. See if the issue persists (wondering if your DB was corrupted somehow, just not sure, but this will help eliminate or confirm the issue).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.