Back to DEX 3 Support Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

dj def
    Participant

I have some questions:

– How do i manually save database except the way of shut down DEX3? While i was analyzing my tracks i got some crashes and as a result of this was to loose all the tracks that has been previously analyzed. So if i knew how manually save the database i would probably deal with this in a different way.

– How do i pre-enable stored loops? The loop will be enabled as soon as the track gets to this point.

– Is there any way enabling a loop exactly to the point i want and not to where the track has the top of the beat grids after analyzing?

More to come….

Thanks a lot
    Stelios, Greece

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

The database only saves on shut down (not only the DB, but all settings, cue points, etc performed in a session – which is by design to avoid any potential disc write errors). However, some have requested a manual save option which is on the to-so list already for DEX 3.

Not quite sure I understand the loop question. If you swap the cue button for loop (click to toggle), you can trigger the loop by pressing 1-5 (depending on which position you stored the loop on). Stored loops have to be triggered just like hot cues – by pressing one of the 1-5 buttons.

Loops always snap to grid right now by design, but some have requested the ability to turn this off – also on the to do!

dj def
    Participant

“Not quite sure I understand the loop question. If you swap the cue button for loop (click to toggle), you can trigger the loop by pressing 1-5 (depending on which position you stored the loop on). Stored loops have to be triggered just like hot cues – by pressing one of the 1-5 buttons.”

Sorry if you misunderstood, it is my fault. I will say it in a different way (sorry for my English!!!!)
    The track is now at the beginning, let’s say 0:10, and the store loop is at 3:00. Is there an option so when the track reaches at 3:00 the loop will be automatic activate at this point (3:00)?

Thanks a lot
    Stelios

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by  dj def.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Ah, no, that is not a feature. Now that’s you’ve brought that up – I don’t think we’ve had that feature in our software since RED 5.2 or FX! Once DJ Controllers became the norm I think requests for something like that just faded away. It was pretty cool though, maybe something for the to-do list! I liked to use it near the end of the track, to loop a few measures while bringing in another song – of course I was mainly using a mouse (and a DMC-1) back then!

dj def
    Participant

Ryan, thanks for explaining all of my questions. I am looking forward to see all the new features that are coming.

Thanks a lot
    Stelios, Greece

rejjiebee
    Participant

Hi Ryan,

I too have a problem with crashes and BPM. When i am having folders finding BPM it will go fine for 4-5 folders (below 100 files) then either crash or if i continue, it will show me at the right hand top the remaining proscess until it ends processing all files, so i close dex3 and surely the last folder processed does not show any BPM’s,

Help

Rejjiebee

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

That almost always means the software is running across corrupt files (really bad frames or corrupt headers) during the analyzation process. We have a lot of ‘error handling’ in place for this, but if it’s a file we’ve never seen before (a file with the same exact issue) than we don’t have error handling in place. My bet is the same files it’s crashing on would crash if you played the file in a deck. If you do have a crash in a session than nothing that was done in the session can be saved (since DEX 3 saves on exit). You may want to try doing a smaller list and exiting the app, then open it again and do another list – and so on.

Try it with the new DEX 3.10.0.4 we just released however, and let me know if it still happens (if we can pinpoint the song it crashed on we can fix it!): http://www.pcdj.com/dj-software-download-3-10-0-4-update-for-dex-3-pro-or-dex-3-re/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.