Back to DEX 3 Support Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

dj def
    Participant

How do i unload samples from sample decks?

Thanks a lot
    Stelios, Greece

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

You can either load a new file (replacing the file in the deck) – if you want to clear out all sample decks you can go to Documents -> PCDJ-DEX3 -> Settings, DELETE the file in that folder labeled “sampler.xml” and then open up the software and samples will be cleared.

We will add a ‘right click’ on load button function to unload the sample decks soon!

dj def
    Participant

“We will add a ‘right click’ on load button function to unload the sample decks soon!”
    This is great!!!

Thanks a lot
    Stelios, Greece

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by  dj def.

dj def
    Participant

More about Sample Decks….
    Messing around with samples decks i realize that it’s not for live remixing, creating and synchronizing new samples live but mainly for dj drops or simple stored samples. Please correct if i am wrong ’cause i can not sync live a sample which i have tried to create live with dex3. Also, the warning tab when you try to store a new sample to a deck maybe we should add a disable function?

Thanks a lot
    Stelios

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

The sample decks do have a SYNC function – so if you do upload a loop or the like and set the BPM, you can use the “S” button to sync to the master. You have the record button on each sample deck to capture the master output as well in realtime (press once to start the recording, press again to stop). But generally speaking they are best used for samples/drops, or I often use them with a controller for finger drumming.

The warning…do you mean the sound? If you disable windows sounds (like you should 🙂 ) than you won’t hear anything audibly. Maybe I don’t understand, however?!?

dj def
    Participant

“The warning…do you mean the sound? If you disable windows sounds (like you should 🙂 ) than you won’t hear anything audibly.”
    The warning tab that asks you if you want to load an other sample to the deck. If we add the button to unload the sample from a deck then it’s ok otherwise you lose the time you want to store the sample.
    Generally, although i have tried all the above that you suggest, (sync deck) i found impossible to live remixing with sample decks in sync. I think that dex3 has another philosophy.
    Anyway, i am really satisfied with dex3 and i am waiting for more ’cause i read your info about the upcoming updates and i think are great.
    One last, for now, question..How do i correct the “in” and “out” of a loop so when a loop is out of synch to fix it?

Thanks a lot
    Stelios

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Ah, I can see about that. It’s when you use the record button on the sample decks that you get the warning, not when loading a sample from your HD. We do plan to make the sampler beat-grid based, so sync will snap to beat etc. Lots to do 🙂 And yes, they are sample players that allow you to sample the master output as well – not remix decks.

If IN and OUT pointers are off ala automatic/quantized looping it means the beat grid itself is off. While you can currently edit the BPM of a song in a deck, you can’t edit the grid. This is planned for an update already of course. with a lot of work already been doing to support it in a future release.

dj def
    Participant

About the loop: i just want to fix the in and out just like you do with cdj for example.

From all the info you gave: Great things are coming. i am staying tuned and waiting for all the new “goodies”.

Thanks a lot
    Stelios

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Loops are currently ALWAYS quantized. You can extend loops or compress them by 2-4-8-16-32 (etc) beat increments, but you can’t adjust the out point as they snap to the beat grid at all times. If the beat grid was perfect, you would never have to edit the out/in points – so that’s actually the goal,

dj def
    Participant

“If the beat grid was perfect, you would never have to edit the out/in points”
    Totally agree with you but when play Disco, 80s and generally music from older decades this is impossible.

Ryan, thanks a lot for your always quick response to all my questions!!!

Stelios

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Actually, the beat grid we plan to include in a future DEX 3 update will account for tempo changes as well – and adjust accordingly. It should allow quantized loops to work in almost any case. We have already added the ability to manually set loops (not automatic) with in/out as well – that will not be tied to the beat grid.

dj def
    Participant

You made my day (night here) with all these info. Can’t wait to use all these features!!

Thanks a lot
    Stelios

djwayns
    Participant

Guys,if you need good free samples lucidsamples , cymatics, waproduction-samples

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.