Back to DEX 3 Support Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Gaucho
    Participant

Is there an easy way to roll back to 3.10 from 3.11?

I was using 3.11 last night with and without shaders and Dex crashed 6 times randomly and without any user input.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Considering we have zero other reports of this right now I suggest you submit a ticket for support here: http://dex3.pcdj.com/

I used DEX 3 for a 6 hour event this weekend – exclusively mixing 720p music videos and using shaders when mixing audio. You really do need a machine with a dedicated graphics card however.

My take is we need to find out why this is happening to you/your machine when running DEX 3.11 as if we don’t you may never be able to update in the future!

Regardless, you can download the last 3.10.2.0 update from this link:
    http://www.pcdj.com/downloads/dex3/setup_dex31020_win_and_mac(extract).zip

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Ryan Sherr.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

You may have to copy/paste the entire URL (including the ‘zip’ part) in your address bar and ‘go’ to download it. The link seems to be broken before the ‘zip’.

Gaucho
    Participant

It may be my system as I have no dedicated graphics card. Running WIN 7 64 on AMD Richland A4-7300 – 1x 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz – AMD A68H Chipset Motherboard and 1TB sata drive.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Yes, unfortunately the processor doesn’t meet our requirements (pretty significantly below the minimum unfortunately). That combined with a very basic graphics card and only 4GB of RAM spells trouble for anything video mixing/video related. It may be OK for basic audio mixing, but even then you may have performance issues with DEX 3.

Gaucho
    Participant

O.K. Thanks, time to upgrade me thinks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.