Tagged: 

Back to DEX 3 Support Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tony Boyd Music
    Participant

I’m getting into using Dex 3 for DJing as it’s what I already use for Karaoke hosting.
    I’m on a Mac with a Beatmix 2 deck
    Questions:
    How do I use “learn” or another method to create delete cue buttons, such as shift and cue button to delete cues? At the moment I have to either hold the cue button, causing it to trigger, or even more annoying, use the mouse/track pad on screen. I understand the “learn” function for mapping to the keys or deck buttons what a thing on the screen does when clicked, but how to you use it for what the thing (In this case cues) does when right clicked?

How do I get my loops to snap to my cues? Sometimes I’ll hit a cue and loop at the same time but Dex 3 don’t seem to like it and either doesn’t start the loop, or when it does, especially if it’s an old retro track, it seems to snap the loop to a point other than right on the cue?

Sync doesn’t seem to work sometimes. Also I tried using “learn” to map auto reset bpm to a button on my deck, but Dex 3 doesn’t seem to remember it.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

LEARN will only work for controllers we do not already have a MAP for. Since we natively support the Beatmix 2, the map is the map. Furthermore, the only way (on any controller currently) to delete cue points is to press and hold the CUE button you wish to clear. That will not always be the case, but it’s how the function works in DEX 3 by default right now.

I’m not sure what you’re asking about cues/loops, but they are not tied together. Loops are automatically quantized, so they snap to the nearest beat automatically.

SYNC will work, but is crossfader dependent. Meaning, you want to press sync on the opposite deck to where the crossfader position is. If it’s past the 50% (neutral) position, say on the deck A side, you would press SYNC on the deck B side to sync. It will not sync if the crossfader is on the side that you’re pressing sync on. Someone difficult to explain, let me know if this makes sense!

Tony Boyd Music
    Participant

Thanks for the quick answer Ryan.
    I might have to just stick with other software for DJing for now as I like to just leave the crossfader central most of the time and not have to think about it, and I like the safety of being able to hit both a cue and a loop button at the same time to loop straight from a cue. It’s also so handy to be able to delete cues from the deck without triggering them, and to be able to hit a button for auto gradual pitch return. I do love Dex 3 for Karaoke hosting though, and look forward to more features in the future.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Cool! DEX 3 does allow you to store and recall loops (so basically, they work like ‘cues’). Although not all DJ controllers will support this function as it’s fairly new in DEX 3 – so only the latest DJ controllers we’ve mapped with support the function. We do plan to add support for a ‘shift + cue’ to delete cue points. Keep in touch, and we’ll keep you posted.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.