Tagged: ,

Back to Karaoki Support Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jocarbo
    jocarbo
    Participant

First time I’ve tried this but it isn’t working out for me. The Title and Artist seem okay but the path and/ or Filename are garbled. It seems since they are more than the allotted space (more than one line) it prints over itself. Is there any workaround for this? Thanks in advance.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Curious, Is there a reason you would print off those fields? As we show in our Karaoki song book creation demonstration video, you will delete those columns anyway before you print/create the book. Typically the only fields users keep when printing a songbook are Artist – Title – DiscID (if applicable). That’s it.

In Excel you can of course format text (wrap text, center align, etc). In short, you format in excel the way you please and then print (or export to PDF to save on the web for singers to view online).

jocarbo
    jocarbo
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply, Ryan. No particular reason except that’s the way previous listings were done for our Karaoke group. Investigating further, when even the Artist or Title entries were too lengthy, the same happens. I guess I’ll have to export to Exel format and pdf it as you suggested. Incidentally, I wasn’t aware there was a video to demonstrate song book creation.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

No probs!

If you import Karaoki’s exported TSV file into Excel you can format the cells. Use the “wrap text” option so that if the artist/title names are too long, it wraps the text within the cell (so the cell gets larger vertically, not horizontally). In short, you can format the songbook any way you wish with Excel.

peterlaver
    Participant

I must have an older version as I do not even see MY LIBRARY.

When I right-click the case I get

CLEAR CASE
    DELETE CASE
    PRINT CASE
    SCAN CASE
    SAVE CASE AS

help!!

peterlaver
    Participant

also when I select PRINT CASE all I get is a blank page even though I select ARTIST & SONG

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

You must have a MUCH older release then! Download the Karaoki version on this page as instructed on the page: http://www.pcdj.com/karaoke-software-update-karaoki-version-0-8-6546/

I don’t recall issues with printing on the old release. Providing you properly extracted your file name data into the proper columns in Karaoki (so artist is in artist, title in title, etc) than when you print it should mirror exactly what you see in your case in Karaoki.

Regardless, try this with the new Karaoki version!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.