Back to Karaoki Support Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

dftweedie
    Participant

Hi Forum Members …
    I’ve been running Karaoki for private parties, but I recently was offered a possible weekend gig in a local restaurant.
    I’ve a pretty healthy collection of both Sound Choice and Chartbuster CD&Gs.

I went to the Sound Choice website to try to figure out what Auditing was, but I couldn’t figure it out.

Can someone either explain it to me or link to to a thread on another forum that goes into the gory details?

I get that there is a basic fee for 3 hours of audit and then $35.00/ hour for extra time. But nothing explains how much extra time that entails. I also understand the audit is ‘good’ for 3 years and then there is an additional $50.00 audit annually thereafter.

So first, I’d like to get a ballpark estimate of how many total hours I may be looking at based upon someones knowledge of roughly how many CDs can be audited per hour. Also, since it says something about ‘remote,’ i.e., over the internet, I presume it is also to a degree dependent upon your internet speed.

The other thing I don’t understand is whether the audit fee is all you are required to pay or if there is an additional licensing fee one-time or annually … and also how much that is.

Finally, as somewhat of an aside I got an email announcing a very short sale on the Sound Choice Gem series that appears … from the large print … to be a perpetual license with no further fees for 6,000 + Sound Choice releases in MP3+CDG at 320. It is not cheap even at the sale price, but I am tempted if ‘the audit’ is simply the entry port and there are significant ongoing fees.

Help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Hey, curious, why not call PEP and talk to them about these items directly? I know many KJS have gone through audits with them (some court ordered!), and many pay their HELP license fee’s to remain licensed. As far as the gory details, it’s pretty convoluted to me.

We will be sending out an email for SC/PEP this week for a great deal on the GEM series for PCDJ customers (along with the HELP license) – so there may be more details provided at that time.

dftweedie
    Participant

Simple, Ryan … based upon all the noise and controversy over PEP’s practices, I want to hear the scoop from someone else. I’d actually like both satisfied and dissatisfied takes … but I don’t want the ‘marketing’ take.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Gotcha, and that makes absolute sense to me. You may be better off joining one of the Facebook karaoke user groups. I’m a member of https://www.facebook.com/groups/ProKJNetworking/ and I see discussion of the PEP stuff regularly. If you add me on Facebook I can invite you to the group: https://www.facebook.com/ryan.sherr

dftweedie
    Participant

Thanks, Ryan!

I’ve got my feelers out on this at the Karaoke Scene KJ forum, too. But I appreciate your offer and will take you up on it.

I searched for you on facebook … but there seemed to be a lot of ‘Ryan Scherr.’
    I’m pretty sure I am the only ‘DF Tweedie,’ so if you could send me a friend request I will follow up.

DF

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

I provided a direct link to me in my last response (It’s spelled “Sherr” 🙂 )

I’ll add you now regardless!

dftweedie
    Participant

Oops! Sorry, I totally missed that.

I have gotten a very detailed reply on the Karaoke Scene. The audit is reportedly a one time forever thing and not at all too onerous. Think I’m going that route.

I have Foundations 1 & 2 and several of the other packs and a few Spotlight Series. I think I need to get the list of the GEM series and see how much more that would add. If it’s around a $1.00/ song I might bite.

Are you going to have the same $2500.00 deal that they are advertising elsewhere?

DF

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Cool, and no worries on the name – everyone screws it up at least once! Yes, same $2500 deal – guess it’s not all that exclusive if you already know about it 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.