Back to DEX 3 Support Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Beneoke
    Participant

G’day there,

I’ve been using Dex for a few years, standalone, in use with a standard Yamaha sound mixer. I’ve recently tried to get Dex to work with a new Pioneer DDJ SX3 but am having issues. I have applied the Control Mapping Script (Jan 2019 version) but to no avail. Types of issues are:

– Cannot use jog wheels to navigate / scratch
    – Hitting CUE to monitor the deck not being used routes the audio through the master (and cannot hear output through headphones)
    – Disable crossfader/volume faders option seems to have the opposite effect (so I leave it unticked).

Help!

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Hello,

First, you do not need to install a script. It’s already included in DEX 3. Are you running version 3.13.0.6?

There is a button on the controller that will turn on the jog wheel for scratching and when off, it will work for pitch bend (which bends with key lock on, so it’s not always easy to hear the tempo change). It’s not mapped to scroll through the DEX 3 browser however.

In options, under audio routing, from ‘select audio device’ you need to select the Pioneer ASIO option (if it’s windows, if MAC just select the Pioneer option). Deck A-D should all be set to outputs 1+2. Headphones 3+4. ALL OTHER options can be set to none/no audio. Do NOT put a tick in the box to disable crossfader and volume control.

Also, under the “general” tab in options, make sure “reset deck after load” is NOT ticked off – that option needs to be off for proper DJ controller support.

That should do it.

Beneoke
    Participant

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your prompt and detailed response. Per the attached images, these are the settings I currently have in place for Dex to operate (at the current version). With respect to the script, I only installed this during troubleshooting from the advice offered on the site (https://www.pcdj.com/dj-controllers-pioneer-ddj-sx3-is-dex-3-supported/). I can also confirm that the deck has scratching for the jog wheels enabled.

Unfortunately, the troubleshooting advice has not resolved the issues. I use the jog wheels to scratch through the song file and trying to monitor results in the audio routing through the main output and not the headphones.

Screenshot

Screenshot

Any other suggestions?

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Your screenshots didn’t publish for some reason — but you can email them to me at rsherr (at) pcdj.com.

It may simply be that scrubbing (not scratching) with the jog wheels isn’t supported in our script. I believe that may very well be the case, but you can ‘scrub’ in scratch mode. Pitch bend also works with the jogwheels, but it’s incremental and uses key lock when bending so it’s not all that audible.

So I’m clear, you CAN scratch, right? If so, you should also be able to move through the song in scratch mode, no?

Beneoke
    Participant

Yes, I can “scratch” in the app itself but not on the physical jog wheels which is what I was looking for.

Thanks anyway.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

There is definitely a way to scratch with the SX3, I’ve witnessed it myself and it’s part of the script. There is a toggle button on the controller to enable scratching. I am having a hard time recalling with one however. I think it may be the slip button or the slot button, but it’s definitely possible. I’ll ask a tech here and response later!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.