Back to DEX 3 Support Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

pciccone
    Participant

THrough MUCH trial and error, I finally figured out what is causing my newly installed PCDJ DEX 3 to crash at startup. When the Logitech G613 wireless keyboard transceiver is plugged it, it will crash. When its not, it’s fine. I thought you may want to look at logs or whatever is helpful to determine why to make the product better. No reason I can see a Logitech USB dongle to cause PCDJ to crash. Worth looking into?

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

If it’s a USB HID device, DEX 3 does scan for them on startup (since many DJ controllers are HID or “HIDI” these days). This makes it so that you can can use ‘learn’ to map controllers we don’t already natively support. There must be something with how that particular dongle sends messages back to DEX 3 that’s causing the error. We’ll try to look into it. May need to get one of those logitech dongles in order to do so.

pciccone
    Participant

OK. In the meantime, is there a way to bypass/stop the HID scan for controllers on startup? My immediate workaround is to unplug the dongle during startup, then back in again.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

No method to stop the automatic detection of controllers unfortunately. It’s (usually) a good thing. DEX 3 will even detect HID/MIDI devices in real-time while already running (which is why I find it a little odd that when you re-connect after DEX 3 is already running that you do not have a crash when DEX 3 detects it).

pciccone
    Participant

I just tested to be sure, it sure does NOT crash once plugged in and running only at startup. I can re-create the scenario 100% of the time. You are welcome to jump on this machine if you want to see it, or put a debug version for quick testing. It’s no problem.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.