Back to DEX 3 RE Support Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jwartman
    Participant

Numark Mixdeck isn’t listed as a supported controller for Dex 3. So does this mean it is not possible at all for Dex 3 to work with this controller? If it is possible, does anyone have the configuration needed to get it to work?

I’ve tried, but it just plays the music garbled/stuttered. With Serato, I simply turned on Mixdeck, opened Serato DJ software , and then switch Mixdeck program to USB-MIDI. Works flawlessly every time. Previously used to use Club DJ Pro software, but always had troubles getting the mixdeck to work with the ASIO drivers.

Love the Dex 3 software, but have to be able to use with Mixdeck. Anyone help?…

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Hello, and thanks for reaching out!

The Numark Mixdeck controller itself (the midi/script for the controller) isn’t natively (plug and play) supported. You would have to try to map the commands (buttons/sliders/knobs) with ‘LEARN’. DEX 3 only natively supports these Numark Mixdeck units:

-Numark MixDeck Express
    -Numark MixDeck Express (2016 Edition)
    -Numark Mixdeck Quad

It seems we never received just the ‘mixdeck’ from Numark when they were selling them. Thus no ‘map’.

However, the audio output via the built in audio interface should work just fine. Are you selecting the Numark ASIO driver under the “select audio device’ drop down menu? What version of Windows are you using? You may need the right ASIO driver for your OS – it seems they do offer a Windows 10 driver. Here on the bottom right: https://www.numark.com/product/mixdeck

What do you have the latency slider set to? (buffer size)

Does your machine meet/exceed these requirements?:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS: WINDOWS
    Windows: 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 10
    2.5GHz Intel Core i3/i5/i7 / Amd Phenon (Celeron Not Recommended)
    4 GIG RAM or Better (If you have more than 120,000 songs we’d recommend at least 8GB)
    Video Card: Dedicated Graphics Card with at least 512MB (or Intel HD 3000 Series or better)
    DirectX/ASIO Compatible Multi-Channel Audio Interface (and/or USB audio interface)
    200 MB free on the hard-drive

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS: MAC
    Mac: OSX 10.9 or greater
    2.5GHz Intel Core i3/i5/i7
    4 GIG RAM or Better (If you have more than 120,000 songs we’d recommend at least 8GB)
    Video Card: Dedicated Graphics Card with at least 512MB (or Intel HD 3000/Iris Series or better)
    Multi-channel Core Audio soundcard (and/or USB audio interface)
    200 MB free on the hard-drive

Important Note: The above are recommendations for standard 480p (SD) Video Mixing:
    For 720p HD videos: At least 4GB of RAM, 8GB recommended, a video card with at least 512MB dedicated video RAM
    For 1080p/1080i full HD videos: At least 4GB of RAM, 8GB recommended, a video card with at least 1GB dedicated video RAM

jwartman
    Participant

Are you selecting the Numark ASIO driver under the “select audio device’ drop down menu?
    Yes, I have the latest available ASIO driver from the Numark website. Have tried both MixDeck ASIO Driver and MixDeck Audio-WDMD-9.13 drivers from the drop-down

What version of Windows are you using?
    Windows 8.1

What do you have the latency slider set to? (buffer size)
    By default it starts at 256, I have adjusted to 192, 512, & 1024. Eventually got it to work using 1024 (24.8 ms / 46.4 ms). However, if I shut everything down and reboot. The settings are still at 1024 (24.8 ms / 46.4 ms) but it no longer works…just silence. Switching back to 512 or 256 starts back with the garbled/stuttering music. I can sometimes get it working again switching to 1024, but it’s not consistent…totally random/lucky if I get it to work..

Does your machine meet/exceed these requirements?
    Yes, seems to meet requirements other than processor…
    Windows 8.1 / 2.20 GHZ Intel i7 / 8GB RAM / 64-bit / 1TB Drive 600GB free

I will say I did see the details on using LEARN, but that doesn’t appear to be an option with the DEX 3 RE version I’m using?

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

So what exactly is happening when you use ASIO? With the last win8.1/10 update there have been many reports of issues with WDM. It has impacted many games and some audio applications. DEX 3 runs in it’s own environment much like a game does – so it seems WDM has been problematic for some customers. MS is well aware of the issue and I’m sure they’ll patch it. ASIO would be the way to go, but if its still happening even at high latency (like you adjusted it to) than I’m at a loss.

I have a similar machine, albeit 2.7ghz, and I can use my Denon MC7000 or the new DDJ-SX3 (have it on loan right now lol) at around 5.8ms of latency without audio issues. Just not sure why it wouldn’t place nice unless there some underlying system performance issue or conflict. I would try updating the drivers if you haven’t already.

You should restart DEX 3 after changes made in any external ASIO control panel – just to ensure they take.

How many tracks total have you imported into DEX 3 for testing? At 8GB, you should be fine up to about 300,000 songs in the cache (with some breathing room).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.