Back to Karaoki Support Forum
Viewing 51 posts - 171 through 221 (of 221 total)
  • Author

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Hi Luis, we won’t be supporting SongbookDB in LYRX, at least not at this time. We are working on an embedded and seamlessly integrated remote request system for DEX 3 and LYRX however, with a third party (but built to spec for LYRX and DEX 3). It will automatically synchronize your library, among other things, and there will be a ‘free’ version. It’s our next ‘big ticket’ update for LYRX/DEX 3.

Luis
    Participant

GREAT !!!! Please, make the second screen resizable, not a fixed full screen.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  Luis.

Luis
    Participant

When the Karaoki new beta will be released?

Luis
    Participant

When the new beta will be released?

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

We released a new beta yesterday, but this is more of a ‘prep’ beta that removes some older code that was causing a lot of additional resource usage and overhead. Another beta should be ready in a couple of weeks or less with a new interface and a couple other options. Here: https://www.pcdj.com/karaoke-software-download-beta-version-0-8-7006/

Luis
    Participant

Great !!!

d4269
    Participant

Hi Ryan, any chance of a song search facility within a particular singers history? So I can go to say, Fred Flintstone’s song list history and search for American Pie and see which version he sang before & preferred?
    Also, are OGG files ever likely to be supported as an alternative to MP3?

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Other’s have asked about a history search from the singer data screen – I’m pretty sure Alan, the developer, has added it to the to-do list. OGG will likely never be supported in Karaoki. It is in LYRX.

Luis
    Participant

Hi,

Where do I download the latest update ?

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

It should be displayed under the check for updates option in Karaoki — unless the version you have installed is over a year and a half older? You can find the latest public beta here: https://www.pcdj.com/karaoke-software-try-karaoki-beta-0-8-7039-with-new-skin/

jellyfiss
    Participant

I have got the trial version and was disappointed to see there is no auto gain functions like there is on dex 3.1

dftweedie
    Participant

BTW … what is the latest version? Has there been any release since Karaoki Beta 0.8.7006?

I’ve tried over a half-dozen karaoke programs and own 3 others. Karaoki is in my opinion by far the most intuitive and complete program around … but I fear it is no longer being developed. IF so, what a shame.

jocarbo
    jocarbo
    Participant

I totally agree with dftweedie. And for me, that includes LYRX. LYRX seems to handle videos much better but it’s overall usefulness to the karaoke venue is confusing and not intuitive for the administrator. I keep going back to Karaoki and will continue to use it. Please PCDJ don’t give up on Karaoki. There are still many hard-core users out here that won’t know where to go if you don’t keep it going and, more importantly, growing. It has been a while since it’s last significant release. And, from my viewpoint, LYRX is not the answer unless there are core changes in the way karaoke is handled within the program.

Hello Everyone!

I run PDCJ Karoaki and Songbookdb with the PCDJ Karaoki Plug in for Requesting.

I’m wondering, with Songbookdb requester app, can it be made so that the DJ can decide if the app gives the option to ‘sing with someone else’ or not. In my show, I get a lot of singers, and with Covid, it is proving to be a great way to be socially distant to utilize the requester app to all it’s capability, but I do not allow people and ‘extra’ turn to sing a duet. If they want to sing a duet they have to do it on their turn. The idea being anyone can sing with anyone else they want to, but we don’t get extra turns for duets, each person gets one spot in rotation. Right now, if someone says they’re singing with ‘singer 2’ the app generates an extra turn in rotation saying singer one with singer two. I’d prefer that not happen. So i was hoping there is a way to take that part of the requester OUT for my shows, so that it doesn’t happen that way and I don’t end up having to double check everything for each song coming in. Also, at my show, I only allow one song to be sang once on any given night, the app doesn’t recongnize repeat songs. I don’t know if that’s something that can be integrated, but would be awesome if it knew that a song has already been played that particular evening.

I also wanted to share that I too would absolutely love it if the singer data area had Song title and Artist separated so you can auto sort by either instead of just by Artist (i have my files set up artist-song title – so it is by artist) Some of my newer hosts I have don’t necessarily know what artist does every song and we have a ton of singers who sing all sorts of songs. So to be able to sort by song name, as more singers will come up and tell you the name of the song and not the artist would be great!. For singers that are repeat singers and have a list in our singer data area, they usually will wait until their turn and tell us their song when they come up to sing, as opposed to choosing before hand. I put all singers in rotation and keep them there until they either leave or say they don’t want to sing again, so to be able to find their song faster, this tool would be amazing!

Thank you so much for all you do!

Oh, and I agree with the two users above me here – PCDJ is amazing. And I don’t want to lose it either!

dftweedie
    Participant

Any, any chance Alan, the developer, might speak up on the forum and explain what it would take for him to actively develop. After all, we’re still in Beta.

Personally, I’d pay a hefty premium for an upgrade to Karioki v.1.0 64 bit. Even if it’s not OSX there are still 20 times as many KJs and home users on PCs.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

The last update was 7049, here: https://www.pcdj.com/karaoke-software-try-karaoki-beta-0-8-7039-with-new-skin/

He did recently release a patch specifically to address issues with Karaoke Cloud Pro, here: https://www.pcdj.com/karaoki-update-karaoke-cloud-pro-april-14-2020/

He is very much still working on updates. The .NET framework has been a bit of a pain lately as MS has released some updates that have broken some underlying functionality. In order for Karaoki to remain backwards compatible with XP/Windows 7, we’re still using an older iteration of Visual C++ runtime libraries. Making things continue to work with those libraries under the most recent windows 10 updates have been a real mess. So, he’s doing some refactoring and has his hands full.

He’s trying to get out a new release, which will be of the maintenance variety, with a couple additional features. Progress will likely continue to be much slower on the Karaoki side vs all other products as he’s a one-man show and his time isn’t entirely dedicated to the development of the product. He’ll get there, though!

I’m actually surprised (jocarbo) that you said that regarding LYRX. We’ve heard nearly the complete opposite (also, trials to purchase conversion rate is about 10X that of Karaoki right now). I think its way more intuitive in general, but certainly lacks the depth and breadth of underlying features/settings that Karaoki offers right now. But, what’s there, works great, and it’s all very easy to figure out IMO. Of course, when you’re used to doing something one way and have to change things up, that’s often more difficult to do than working with something new from the start.

Regardless, Karaoki isn’t going anywhere. Yes, it’s a legacy product, designed prior to our company buying PCDJ in 2008, but it certainly has a following, and receives recommendations from other KJs often. They are the bulk of Karaoki’s sales — referrals.

I suggest everyone join our FB user group. We post there (including updates) much more frequently then here on the forums. The user group is much busier, too. You can ask to join on this page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/208451843303338/

I do not suspect you will see Alan post here unless completely necessary. He has a family, and configures custom plant machinery/computer systems (writes custom code) for vary large factories all over EU and elsewhere. He’s on call all the time. With that said, this still remains his passion, and he still hosts karaoke from time to time. I trust he will push out a nice update that addresses some bugs that have pops up (almost entirely due to Visual C++ framework updates MS has pushed out over the last couple of years). It should introduce ‘singer scroll’, too.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Ryan Sherr.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

So it’s also clear – we are not part of SongbookDB. They are a company out of Australia http://www.songbookdb.com — if you have features requests etc, I would reach out to the directly. In my experience they have been very receptive to customer input!

dftweedie
    Participant

Ryan, thank you for your informative and encouraging post.

To be a fair point, I suspect Lyrx sells 10Xs because it is heavily promoted and less expensive. I bought it with a Karaoki user discount that you provided and which I appreciate. Its cross platform feature is a plus.

In my experience I don’t agree about the difficulty of learning a new program when you are familiar with another one. When I have migrated from one program of the same type to another I’ve found it easier to learn than the first one as I understand the concepts of what that type program can do. I just have to mouse around and find the function I want in the menu and possibly translate the terms used. I then have perspective on which program I find superior for my needs.

I have spent a good amount of time learning Lyrx and putting it through its paces. Its OK and perhaps with future development will catch up with Karaoki. TBH there is another OSX program I would choose to use before Lyrx at this stage of Lyrx’ development. But for the present in the PC world there is no real comparison between Karaoki and Lyrx when running a show. As a matter of fact, there is no real comparison between Karaoki and any of the other well known PC platform hosting shows except for the issue of integrated remote terminals … which I can live without. So, I’m in complete agreement with ‘jocarbo.’

Thanks for the heads up on the facebook group. I intend to check it out, but again, in my experience to date I much prefer forums where topics are generally focused, easily searched and emoji free to the free flowing streams of information and comment on the facdbook groups I belong to.

One thing I am sure is within your ability would be email blasts when updates or patches are released. That is something I hope you will consider or reconsider and something I’d greatly appreciate.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

LYRX is $79, it’s very snappy, supports low latency drivers, native support for all video formats, a superior karaoke subscription option in Party Tyme, a built-in song store, very high-quality key-lock/time stretching – and bpm/key detection, support for over 1 million + songs in the file browser with instant search-as-you-type, automatic gain control, tracks are blended (ins/outs) during filler music – nice transitions – and quite a bit more.

To me, it just feels “today” and Karaoki, like nearly all other long-time karaoke programs, is a little bit dated (after all, they are all built on open source CDG code released 15+ years ago).

Now that LYRX has manage rotation, singer history (with new singer search) etc, it’s just missing some additional settings (like different rotation modes and filler music playback modes) and some further polish.

This takes nothing away from Karaoki, but I think the younger generations of KJs gravitate to LYRX over Karaoki (and many trial both first) for the reasons I mentioned.

We also do not heavily promote any products. No ads, no pay-per-click, nothing. Referrals, social media posts, and on-page SEO is all that drives our traffic these days.

Anyway, this is moot as Karaoki clearly has its following and support. I know which product I’d use if I were hosting events, and it’s OK, even great, that we all have our own ideas of what we want out of our karaoke hosting product 🙂

dftweedie
    Participant

Ryan … it seems clear you prefer Lyrx, which is mildly disconcerting on a Karaoki forum you moderate and for a program where you are a driving force to keep it relevant.

Be that as it may, how about email blasts on new releases?

Thanks.

jocarbo
    jocarbo
    Participant

I understand your praises for LYRX but the one thing it isn’t is “dedicated” to karaoke. It tries to be a “do all” in the music hosting arena and, in my opinion, whenever you try to be such it inevitably comes up short. In this case, I believe it’s in the karaoke area. Your training videos are fine as far as they go but what do I do when I have a question about how to do a certain action where time is of the essence? Several occasions I’ve tried to find specific settings or how to do a certain action where I didn’t even know where to begin looking through the videos. I stated before, a user manual would really help. I’m glad Karaoki is going to still be around for a while. If you’re interested in some of the frustrations I’ve had with trying to use LYRX I’d be glad to make up a list of them and send them to you. It’s not too big but they are a thorn in my side when trying to use the program in a live venue. Thanks for your concern and quick responses to us users.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

I’m the PCDJ GM, not a forum moderator 🙂 I oversee all areas at PCDJ, including development, and don’t really play favorites from a company standpoint, although I certainly have my personal favorites over the last two decades. I use DEX 3 as I primarily DJ. With that said, Alan has created software for us for 16+ years now and is rewarded when Karaoki sells. That’s his motivation. I communicate with him on issues, new features, windows 10 updates, weekly. Karaoki is still very much a point of emphasis for PCDJ, but it’s developed on it’s own path and at its own pace.

I always send out an email when updates (to any PCDJ product) are posted. They very often end up in spam, however. When the new update posts (just got this back from Alan BTW!: “Yep, I’m still working on the update to Karaoki and its about 98% done”) I will be sure to extract the latest list of registered user emails and send to all.

Jocarbo, Are you sure you’re not referring to DEX 3, not LYRX? DEX 3 IS a do-it-all software, for audio/video/karaoke. For those types of products, it’s karaoke-specific feature set is significantly better. It has the same karaoke features as LYRX, but does require some setup to understand how to use it for karaoke-specific purpose. There is one specific playlist of tutorials on our YouTube channel that explains how to set it up for karaoke-specific use. LYRX is only for karaoke, and streamlined for that purpose.

jocarbo
    jocarbo
    Participant

Ryan, my bad. Of course you’re correct. LYRX is karaoke specific but, it appears it was developed from the DEX coding. You are correct in your assumption that I find it unpleasant to try to learn a new procedure when I’ve used Karaoki for quite some time. I don’t consider myself a professional venue since I use it in my local seniors community (free of charge) to entertain the residents. Maybe I’m asking for too much simplicity but, that’s what Karaoki provides for me. I find the databases LYRX creates a bit cumbersome and often can’t figure out how to limit what I have to search through. For me, it’s awkward. For others, maybe not so much. After all, I’m an ‘old dog’ and new tricks are somewhat burdensome for me. Again, videos do little for me when I’m trying to solve a problem while using the program. Just my 2-cents. PCDJ is still the best that’s out there and I will continue to be a fan and supporter of your products. Thanks for caring.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Thanks, Jocarbo (can I just call ya “Joe”, or would that be incorrect?!? 🙂 ). It’s definitely different.

I’m truly happy you’re fond of Karaoki. Hopefully we can start rolling out updates more frequently, starting with this next one.

Luis
    Participant

Karaoki is the very best Karaoke software. Songbookdb integration is simple awesome!

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

I wish the SongbookDB integration was a bit more seamless (less time exporting, uploading, tweaking etc). Alan is discussing some updates with them right now so we’ll see. We’re writing another remote request system for DEX 3/LYRX that will automatically sync. Should be nice, once it’s completed anyway.

dftweedie
    Participant

Ryan … Thanks again for your time and explaining that you do and intend to continue sending email blasts on revisions/ updates.

98% is very encouraging! I’m one of those with Karaoki broken on my Windows 7 machines, though it runs fine in Windows 10.

jellyfiss
    Participant

There is no searchable history for singers on dex 3 or karaoki who have a lot to sing, Karaosoft Karma has this built in, shame you don’t so i think i will go back to karma plus no auto gain on karaoki

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

That’s not entirely correct. In DEX 3, you have the new “S” button in the search box window. Click it, and type in the singers name to view their entire singer history (with key changes, when applicable). This is also in LYRX (same method).

In Karaoki you can click the singer data button at the bottom (person’s head with an arrow pointing at it) and view the list of singers/history. You can sort the list but not ‘search it’.

jellyfiss
    Participant

Thats my argument, i know you can sort it, in Karaoki but NOT search a certain singers history for a song.
    I also know you have the new S button in DEX 3 but that only brings up a certain singers history but again you cannot do a song search inside their history to find a song if they have numerous songs in their history that they sing. There is a big difference between searching for a singers history and actually doing a search for a song they sing.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

I see. You can of course just SORT the singers history by title and find the track by scanning that way, but I think I have a good idea of how this can work in DEX 3/LYRX. Click the S, type in the singers name, then a “space” and the title of the song to locate it within the history list. Something like that anyway. I’ll send the idea to development. Interestingly enough, we do not seem to regularly receive this request from customers. Could be that each singers history isn’t as extensive as it sounds yours are. I appreciate the input!

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Curious, why even use history if you’re just searching for a specific song for them to sing? Why not just search the song, drag it to rotation, apply it to their name? Key changes? Serious question 🙂

jellyfiss
    Participant

The search is within their history to find a song that they already sing, a lot of folk like a certain version of a song and cant always remember what version they prefer ie zoom , sunfly etc. There are loads of singers now who sing at home and find the best version they like to sing and only will sing a certain version of a song, eg a sunfly track may sound rubbish of a certain song and zoom or any other may be a better version, Thus a searchable singers history for a song would bring up that song in their history.
    By the way “Click the S, type in the singers name, then a “space” and the title of the song to locate it within the history list”
    Does not work, would be good if it did though

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Yes, I’m aware it doesn’t work. I was contemplating a method for doing what you requested/wanted — finding a specific song within the singers history. I think it may be a good, feasible method, but development will have to decide that. They may have another suggestion, but it’s going into the development ‘to-do’ list — Especially after your feedback above (different manufacturer’s etc — it makes perfect sense to me now why this should be a feature!).

jellyfiss
    Participant

OK thanks for listening and yes it would be very useful on either or both dex and karaoki, for example elvis is on every manufacturer out there, there must be dozens of manufacturers out there.

dftweedie
    Participant

@jellyfiss … This still perplexes me a little. In Karaoki I can bring up the ‘history of individual singer’ quickly and sort it alphabetically with one click … if it’s not already alphabetized by song title. Since you can see upwards of 25 to 30 songs in the opening, it is plenty for most singers. If not enough, just scroll down. Since you no the name of the song they want to sing, it is a snap to find.

Then, of course, the prior song version, e.g., Sunfly, Zoom, Sound Choice, etc., is remembered with the key change.

For my song base management, that’s why I delete ‘The’ from any bands name and from the beginning of any song title. So its ‘Beatles,’ not ‘The Beatles’ and ‘Days of Wine And Roses,’ not ‘The Days of Wine and Roses.’ Anyway, it has never been an issue for me … and my own history is well over 200 songs.

One other thing I am curious about. Why were you thinking about leaving Karaosoft Karma anyway? There must have been something lacking or unsatisfactory. Every program has pros and cons, so I wish you would share your view on those issues.

jellyfiss
    Participant

@dftweedie I am not in the habit of running down different software versions, i leave that to children, i have already told the reasons for a history search of singers songs, if you care to open your eyes and read the posts

dftweedie
    Participant

What an arrogant and ignorant reply. I did not ask you to “run down” anything. I simply asked what your were dissatisfied with that lead you to investigate Karaoki.

You were, pleasantly I admit, critical of Karaoki, making comments regarding what in your opinion it lacked and leading your to return to Karma.

Calling others ‘children’ is insulting and uncalled for.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  dftweedie.

jellyfiss
    Participant

@dftweedie i thought this was a wishlist suggestion forum and not an interogation from onlookers. I spoke to the folk that matter and had my reply thus the matter is closed. i no longer have nothing to say to you and will not reply to you as i dislike nosy people and especially those that do not matter.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Settle down fella’s, it’s just karaoke software — please play nice. The Facebook user group is a better battle ground anyway 🙂

dftweedie
    Participant

It’s not a battle ground ,,, I wouldn’t stoop to engage in a battle of wits with the defenseless.

Since smellyfish has left me the last word, here it is. Despite his unfortunate lack of command of the English language, it is still clear that he takes offense when none was given and has an unfortunate need to boost his self-esteem by attempting to belittle others.

I’ll say no more.

jellyfiss
    Participant

@dftweedie ok WEEDIE so why ramble on and as i am not english i am feeling that you are being racist therefore i shall report you, i can’t help being black and as you put it defenceless, Obviously your the one with the problem mr weedie.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

I’m going to purge a few of these posts from the forum. I just wanted to let you both know ahead of time. I’ll do it in about 10 minutes so you know why they’ve disappeared.

dftweedie
    Participant

And I thought you said you weren’t the moderator? 🙂

Seriously Ryan, thank you for the notice … though I don’t expect jellyfiss to be around since he’s elected to by-pass Karaoki and already said he hd no further comment.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

I realize that, but I also rather not have the dialog on a company website. Facebook, sure, have at it, but not here.

I’ll leave it anyway. As you said, the communication is over with.

duyvh0309
    Participant

xin lỗi tôi không hiểu câu hỏi

jpmichel
    jpmichel
    Participant

I am sooooo glad I get these messages by email.. I woulda missed that whole exchange xD

On a more serious note, though… Ryan, it’s been a while since we really heard much about the actual new features being implemented on new versions being developed, so can we have a quick peek at that current to-do list for Karaoki, please?

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Singer scroll is one, but better overall performance and better data storage/handling is a big thing Alan’s been working on. He’s revising the remote request terminal as well for better third-party support (such as for songbookDB). Not a whole lot of new right now, but definitely some tweaks to existing functionality. Development on the Karaoki side is obviously a bit slower.

Meep70
    Participant

I haven’t used Karaoki in quite a whille (I opted for a solution that woudl work in Linux, or I would still be using it, most likely).

I recall searching in the Singer History Window, because I have several singers with 100+ songs in their history. Here’s what I recall.

To search for a song in a singer’s history by title:
    1. Sort by title, by clicking on the top of the column.
    2. Click on ANY row in the history within the Title column.
    3. Start typing. The selection will jump to what you’re typing.

To search for a song in a singer’s history by artist, do the same thing, but in the artist column instead of the title column.

Am I remembering this incorrectly? It has been a while.

yeneb
    Participant

sorry, i don’t understand

Viewing 51 posts - 171 through 221 (of 221 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.