Back to DEX 3 Support Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ashstone
    Participant

Hi guys

Have just bought a LPD8 as my first controller and have been using Dex 3 for a while now. I was hoping to use the learn function to allow me to map the controller to use for triggering effects like flange/cues etc but it doesn’t seem to work, instead it reverts to a poorly mapped existing setup. With a lot of the pads non functional. Can anyone give me any suggestions to fix this please?

Thanks

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

That unit was mapped about 3 years ago IIRC, which is why the map may be somewhat partial (added a lot of scripting features for controllers since then). If you open up the DEX 3 folder in program files, and then open up controllers, and delete the script for the LPD8, you can then use LEARN to map it. Keep in mind some items when using learn to map won’t work, such as LED lights.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  Ryan Sherr.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

BTW, with the default map, the pads should work for setting hot cues/loops. Most users of the LPD8 use it with another controller for just hot cues/loop triggers (you can use up to 8 DJ controllers at once with DEX 3).

ashstone
    Participant

Perfect – thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.