Tagged: 

Back to Karaoki Support Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jocarbo
    jocarbo
    Participant

Not sure what happened but .mp4s I downloaded no longer run on main screen but still runs onscreen 2. I figure it must have something to do with the Codecs but not sure. Is it possible for me to reinstall the same version of Karaoki I have over the current one I have without losing any data or settings? Not sure if this will help but it may be worth a try. Not sure what else to do. I have a Dell laptop with 2 graphics drivers. An Intel HD and an nVidia. If I try to turn off the Inte it doesn’t revert to the nvidia but runs on a Microsoft defalt driver. I’m a bit over my head at this point. I know just enough to make myself dangerous. Any help/ suggestions appreciated.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

It’s codecs, and may also be related to the newer audio engine Karaoki was recently upgraded to use. A codec/sound engine mismatch. I’ve seen this reported before, even with the older releases. If it’s important to you to see the mp4 playback on your own display, than yes, I would roll back to the previous release that worked (just install overtop to roll back, all data should remain intact!).

Also, you should join our Facebook User Group for quicker responses from us and our community – it’s a lot more active than our website forum: http://www.facebook.com/groups/pcdjusergroup/

jocarbo
    jocarbo
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply, Ryan. Tried over installing other older versions and the same problem exists. Finally went back to newest version (0.8.7405) and it doesn’t change anything. Guess I’ll just have to learn to live with it.
    As for joining the Facebook Group, I’ve sworn off of all social media sites because of data collection and breaches. Thanks for the heads-up though. Hope this forum will remain open though.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

The very latest Karaoki release is on this page (with the new singer scroll features).

It’s likely related to a windows update or potentially another video related product on your system (if applicable).

This forum will remain up and operational! 🙂

jocarbo
    jocarbo
    Participant

I wasn’t aware of this newest release. I downloaded and installed it and, low and behold, it fixed the problem! Thanks again for your (as always) rapid response. Take care and stay healthy,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.