Back to Karaoki Support Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

flashback
    Participant

All of a sudden Karaoki will not load. There are no error messages. I have tried everything from downloading different versions to updating C++ to updating the Codec. Rebooting a number times but nothing works.
    Need Help.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Yes, many customers have been having this same issue. It’s related to a recent Windows 10 “update”.

Try this new build of Karaoki – while we haven’t completely verified, it should address this issue:
    http://www.pcdj.com/downloads/karaoki/pcdj_karaoki_setup_0.9.7552.exe

Let me know how it goes!

flashback
    Participant

Ryan
    As per your email version 9.7552 does not resolve the issue. I am currently running version 7.4777.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

I ran this by Alan — his feedback:

“Have them try rolling back Windows and see if that works (last couple of Windows updates)…. The only other option is to identify and remove any offending update service packs (all start with KBxxxxx), start with the newest and work backwards…

The issue is with an update to DirectX12 that’s affecting the Audio engine (of which we are using the latest version) on some machines and our partner for the audio engine development is aware of the issue but as yet cannot recreate it..
    I cannot recreate the issue here either.

Could you get system specs (windows build, CPU, Graphics card etc.) for users that are reporting issues as we may be able to build picture from the specs that could help solve this issue.”

It’s an interesting one. It seems only some machines have been impacted with the issue. It’s obviously something to do with the Visual C++ runtime libraries/.net framework, but we haven’t been able to dial in specifics yet.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Also, from Alan: “The 7.xxxx builds use a very old version of the audio engine that don’t use DirectX 12”

Clearly it’s some type of incompatibility with the latest audio engine version built around DirectX 12 and a recent windows update.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.