Back to DEX 3 Support Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

waynenic
    Participant

I just subscribed to karaoke cloud pro but can’t find a way to make it work on Dex 3. I sure hope you can show me how to do it. Or perhaps I can move my subscription to KARAOKE?
    I tried Party Time and have several problems. It works fine but I’m just not satisfied with it.
    Thanks for any help you might provide
    waynenic

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Karaoke Cloud Pro is only for use with our older Karaoki software. It’s not supported in DEX 3/LYRX. DEX 3 supports the (much better) Party Tyme Karaoke subscription, which includes over 15,000 songs vs only 5,000 with cloud pro (and much more current titles, too). What was the issue with Party Tyme? It’s been running super smooth from day one. The files are higher quality (mp4), you can stream AND download songs for offline playback, and the catalog is significantly more robust than Cloud Pro.

Cloud Pro only works with Karaoki. You can cancel your Karaoke Cloud Pro subscription on this page:
    https://www.karaokelocker.com/cancel_acct.pl

Also, for more immediate support/feedback, please join our Facebook user group here:
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/pcdjusergroup/

It’s a lot more active than the forums.

waynenic
    Participant

Several things here: First, I respect PCDJ too much to air my dirty laundry on such a public format. As long as you will continue to help me here I will continue to use this venue.

Now as for my problems with Party Time Karaoke:
    (1. The price is way too high for a guy just getting started in the KJ game and considering the other problems I had with it.
    (2. As far as 15,000 songs;.not on my computer. The catalog showed between 2 and 4 duplicate songs for each song’
    (3. The songs didn’t always show a 30-second demo. I would have to open 2 sometimes 3 of the duplicate programs, including recording time, to find one that would download and play the whole song.
    (4. Song library seemed limited. At least 1 out of 10 popular songs requested could not be found using the search feature.

If I’m doing something wrong to cause any of these problems, please let me know. I’ll try anything once.

Your friend waynenic

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

(1. The price is way too high for a guy just getting started in the KJ game and considering the other problems I had with it.

What problems? I’m honestly not aware of any operational issues with Party Tyme at the moment so if you can be specific it would be helpful. We have no open tickets with any specific issues with the platform.

Keep in mind the cost of a karaoke track is $2.49-$3 a song, so acquiring a quality library for professional use is very expensive if you go the traditional route. $99 for over $45,000 in inventory is a bargain. It’s natural overhead, which any business deals with. The only other subscription on the market is from Karafun, and their pro option is $129 a month. This is commercial use, thus extra licensing is involved for the manufacturer. Karaoke Cloud Pro was $99 back when they offered around 8,500 songs (after they lost the SONY/EMI catalog they dropped the price to $49.99, but then to $19.99 at the start of the Pandemic).

(2. As far as 15,000 songs;.not on my computer. The catalog showed between 2 and 4 duplicate songs for each song’

This is not the case. What you’re seeing is results from the built in song store. If that’s enabled as well as the subscription, you will see those songs in search results, too. They offer 2 versions in the store (HD and MP3+G), thus the reason you see triples. Go into options, under the karaoke tab, and disable the store. Then, restart DEX 3. This will remove those songs from the store. When you access “Catalog” under the Party Tyme Karaoke tab (left side of DEX 3) and scroll to the bottom of the list you will see the song count.

(3. The songs didn’t always show a 30-second demo. I would have to open 2 sometimes 3 of the duplicate programs, including recording time, to find one that would download and play the whole song.

The “DEMO” songs are again, from the PartyTyme.net store (not the subscription). These are songs for sale. It’s for those with exiting catalogs that simply want the ability to buy songs as they go when needed. For those that subscribe to ALL songs, even with the 7-day free trial, you can play all songs from the subscription in their entirety.

(4. Song library seemed limited. At least 1 out of 10 popular songs requested could not be found using the search feature.

Welcome to karaoke. No one provider has ALL songs. What you get with the subscription is everything Party Tyme offers in their catalog (everything they’ve licensed/recorded to date). Also keep in mind a lot of “popular” karaoke songs have NEVER been legally licensed for karaoke (or the licenses were lost). Here’s a small sampling of artists on the karaoke no fly list: https://www.pcdj.com/karaoke-no-fly-list-these-singers-dont-want-you-to-sing-their-songs/

It’s boils down to this: If you’re karaoke software provider like us, you have two choices for karaoke subscription integration – Party Tyme and Karaoke Cloud Pro. Party Tyme has been much better at keeping up to date and releasing new songs regularly. The files are in HD MP4 as well. Users will sometimes supplement the subscription with songs they purchase elsewhere (such as karaokeversion.com) if they really need a track and PT doesn’t offer it for some reason.

I hope this helps better understand things 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.