Back to DEX 3 Support Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jcopelin
    jcopelin
    Participant

Anyone know why only certain songs will load from iTunes? Very strange.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Yes, most likely those songs are either still stored in the cloud and not locally (not on your hard drive) or they are songs with DRM encryption (older iTunes files had encryption applied automatically). Those would be the two main reasons DEX 3 cannot play iTunes files. Make sure the files are downloaded to your computer and also that they are DRM free.

jcopelin
    jcopelin
    Participant

Hey Ryan, sorry it’s taken me awhile to get back to you. These are all newer files, they are downloaded to my iTunes locally on this computer, when I try to load into a tray it says “FILE NOT LOADED”. Some of my files will do it but many won’t. Do I need to remove my iCloud sharing all together?? That makes for other issues but could that be the issue?

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

It’s either DRM (encryption), the files are in the cloud, or they part of the Apple Music subscription, which isn’t supported at all. That’s the only reason DEX 3 would display “file not loaded” when attempting to load/play tracks from iTunes. I wish I could offer more here, but that’s what I’ve got. Standard M4A/AAC and MP4’s are all natively supported by DEX 3, so it truly must be one of the other reasons.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.