Back to Karaoki Support Forum
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

New Product Launched!

If you have messy karaoke file names or various karaoke file naming conventions in your karaoke library Karaoke File Name Fixer ($19.99) for Windows can help!

Karaoke File Name Fixer allows you to batch rename your karaoke files (MP3+G and Zipped MP3+G) so they all conform to one standard file naming convention. For example, you can batch rename all your karaoke music to: “TrackID – Artist – Title”.

Best of all, Karaoke File Name Fixer is organized into a single menu with sequential, easy-to-follow steps that will walk you through the process of analyzing and identifying your various naming conventions so you can then batch fix them all at once – even if you have a massive (and/or overly messy) karaoke library.

Karaoke File Name Fixer Screen Shot

Learn more and download a free trial here

SherylT
    Participant

Hi, Ryan, and again, thank you for PCDJ Karaoki! I’m intrigued by your File Name Fixer program. Right now, my Library on my computer consists of a lot of folders of songs. When I switched over from CAVS system, all my songs were just numbered, so my folders are 1001-2000, 2001-3000, etc. Also have folders with zip files of songs I have downloaded from Karaoke-version.

The program seems to be running fine, but I was thinking of “cleaning up” everything into one folder. Do you think that would be a good idea? If so, what would be the best way to remove current library and start “new”?

SherylT

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Hi Sheryl,

Yes, try it on one folder first. What happens is Karaoke File Name Fixer will make duplicates of the files from the folder and output them to a folder of your selection. Only after you test the files do you delete the original copies. Let me know if you have any further questions!

SherylT
    Participant

Sorry . . . just one more quick question. I think I read somewhere this program only works with Windows 10. Is that correct? I’m currently running Windows 7.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Try the demo, it should work on Windows 7 now too (last update). If you have tried the demo and it’s been opening up for you then it’ll work just fine on your machine.

NG03
    Participant

Hi, I’m struggling with file fixer to solve a single problem. Some of my files are named (as the artist):
    VS1036 Madonna
    (as an example)
    How do I separate out the VS number from the artists name on a batch of around 2000 songs ?

Thanks,

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

File Name Fixer should walk through this this actually, did you reference the help guide? It will help you define and find your different tags (how many tags) so you can then choose to re-arrange the naming convention. Your separation character would be the space in your example, but that is definitely an odd naming convention to start with.

It would be helpful if we can take a look at your file list. “Export File List” is located at the right side of Step 2, then send us the Excel file that is created (to rsherr AT PCDJ dot com). That will allow me to look at the database of file names and hopefully give me a clue as to what’s going on.

strike3
    Participant

Tried to install this for a trial but get an error:
    “We cant install the 32bit version of Office because we found the following 64bit programs on your pc
    Office 16 click to run extensibility component”
    I have access installed is it due to this ?
    Any help woould be appreciated.
    Thanks

enewbold
    Blocked

Yep. I got the same message, and I too use Office 26 64-bit.

“We cant install the 32bit version of Office because we found the following 64bit programs on your pc
    Office 16 click to run extensibility component”

Hope this gets fixed someday. Would like to use this utility!
    Thanks,
    Ed

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Yes, here’s how our developer explains this:

“Microsoft recommends users to install the 32-bit over the 64-bit version of Office, except in very specific instances where it actually makes sense (and there are very few of those). See this link:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee681792.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Because of the above recommendations from Microsoft, KFNF was developed for the 32-bit version, and there is currently no plan to create a 64-bit version.

I recommend that the user uninstall their 64-bit version and install the 32-bit version of Office, then Office will still work perfectly for them, and so will KFNF.”

You really don’t lose anything going to the 32bit Office version.

DJJandS
    Participant

Hello,
    I have over 100,000 zip files and each time i try to have the main folder fixed it crashes. I have tried to lessen the amount of files to be reviewed, but i’m still having issues. Is there a maximum amount of files this can batch each time? I’m thinking i’ll have to figure out how to break these files out to get it to work.

thanks

DJJandS
    Participant

okay, looks like every song I have in my database is set up exactly the same

The exported file shows its set up like this.

Artist,Title,Album,TrackNo,Year,Genre,Duration,BPM,Key,Comment,Filename

However, the way the file is named, it should be:

“CB60357-04″,”Aldean, Jason – Amarillo Sky”,””,””,””,””,””,””,””,””,”H:\Karaoke\Chart Busters (05)\CB60000 (05)\CB603XX\CB6035X\CB60357 ok\CB60357-04 – Aldean, Jason – Amarillo Sky.zip”

Can I go in and fix how the database sees the file? I don’t really need to change the file names.

thanks

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

KFNF can handle more than 100,000 at a time (I’ve had customers claim they’ve successfully renamed around 250K), so it’s more likely it’s running across a corrupt file/file name or the like, but not 100% sure.

Which PCDJ product are you attempting to use the particular zip files with? Karaoki has an extraction method that would allow you to display the correct data in the appropriate column in Karaoki (artist in artist, title in title, etc).

Also, you will get faster response and be able to interact with other PCDJ customers on our Facebook User group – it’s much more active than the forums these days. You can join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/208451843303338/

DJJandS
    Participant

Hello,
    Thanks for the reply,
    I am using Dez 3. Is there a way to change how the program sees the naming convention? All of my songs are set up the same way. My folder has over 250k. They are all set up as diskid/track#/artist – title

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

No, as DEX 3 is designed to read tags first, and then revert to file names, it makes an extraction method difficult to implement unfortunately. I suppose that’s one negative to being an ‘all in one’ multimedia solution. However, when you use the default browser view in DEX 3, I’d be surprised if you can’t ‘see’ all the important data for your tracks on screen? is anything hidden?

DJJandS
    Participant

Everything is there it just doesn’t correctly identify artist and title. I can search by name but would like to be able to sort by artist, etc.

DJJandS
    Participant

I tried the file name fixer on a few files, but it looks as if it only changed the name of the folders and not the file itself? Did I miss something there?

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Can you take a screen shot of what you’re seeing? Ideally, for DEX 3, you would use the Aritst – Title – DiscID naming convention (or just artist – title). If you have tags, no need. This is a benefit of Mp4 (and not using zip files).

File name fixer would easily move the DiscID to the end of the file name, vs the beginning.

Regardless, the data should still come up in search results. You are using the default browser view and not the spreadsheet view, right?

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

File name fixer only works on the karaoke files and file names. Zip files, Mp3s etc. Not folders. If you have karaoke zip files they may ‘look like’ a folder, but karaoke file name fixer will change zip file names, not folders.

Keep in mind that any changes you make outside of DEX 3 like that, you will need to delete your DEX 3 database file (from Documents -> PCDJ-DEX3 -> Database) and then re-import the songs to display the changes to the file names. Once they are in the DB DEX 3 is not monitoring them for changes (which would add unnecessary overhead, among other things).

DJJandS
    Participant

I’m at work now, but can get a screenshot later if needed.

I exported my database and this was at the top (headers) that are on the exported file.
    Artist,Title,Album,TrackNo,Year,Genre,Duration,BPM,Key,Comment,Filename
    I assume this is what the database thinks my headers are.

however,
    Below is an example of how my zip files are named. All fall within this same structure.

“CB60357-04″,”Aldean, Jason – Amarillo Sky”,””,””,””,””,””,””,””,””,”H:\Karaoke\Chart Busters (05)\CB60000 (05)\CB603XX\CB6035X\CB60357 ok\CB60357-04 – Aldean, Jason – Amarillo Sky.zip”

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  DJJandS.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

It sounds like you’re using the toggled browser view mode? Your data may be much easier to browse/search if you use the default browser view mode. Not the spreadsheet ‘old school’ view 🙂

DJJandS
    Participant

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nklsrmserd751f2/AACJxFcur3akc-xdSit7eriBa?dl=0

Dropped a few screenshots of what I’m seeing

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

In the default Browser view mode the files look great? You can see “Artist – Title” large, with the disc ID below it – fairly ideal for karaoke. You can use the “Sort” button to then sort the list, if needed. With the toggled spread sheet view it’s another animal, as that view is a standard id3tag view. And unless your files have tag data (zips cannot have tags), the artist/title etc may not display in the proper fields. The only way to address that is with something like File Name Fixer. I think the default browser view is perfect however — is there any reason you do not want to use it?

DJJandS
    Participant

No reason, I just wanted to be able to use the sort function to sort by artist or title. Guess I can work it out

Thanks for your help

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Gotcha! The “SORT” button should still do what you need, in the default view.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.