Back to Karaoki Support Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jkonicke
    Participant

So anyway to make work in XP??? … Or do I have to upgrade??

jkonicke
    Participant

Hope you have a great holiday!! … But just some extra info for when you get back in office … My tower runs XP professional 2002 service pack 3
    Intel pentium 4 CPU 3.00 GHz … 3 GB RAM

When I open program it I get error:… The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click OK to terminate the application …..

I see that I should have 4 GB RAM … would that kick that error out?? …. I believe I can add RAM if that would solve it. And please dont give me the XP outdated speech ….. LMAO!! … But if I can make the mother of the tower work I plan to upgrade to 7 … Told that was max for tower … So cant do 10

Thanks again
    Jim

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Karaoki runs on XP. It sounds like a .net library that Karaoki runs on isn’t installed. Try installing from this link and see if it works: https://www.pcdj.com/downloads/karaoki/pcdj_karaoki_setup_0.7.4777.exe

jkonicke
    Participant

Thank you for your time …
    Although I didnt do as you said, once you said .net I realized Framework was one thing I never updated cause didnt need too with other programs … only use as Karaoke tower…. Once updated, YOUR program opened and ran fine 🙂
    However as I mentioned in previous posts Songbookdb is what brought me to you and on that side I have problems … You need Adobe air … and with current version you need 64 bit …. I found a archive version that worked on 32 bit … got the plug in installed … But Songbookdb Pal would not install because of not having new air and being 32 bit
    ANYWAYS …Things kinda did work … Karaoki side was fine … But Plug in kept freezing and killing server
    May be do to 300 GB RAM … or 32 bit or XP …. IDK????

Long story Short, Tower out dated and have a new one on the way …. Intel Quad Core i5 4570, 3.2GHz 8GB Ram Window 10 … I First Installed Karaoki on my secondary laptop and everything runs fine now after I cleaned my database .. Thats 1 install(HP Pavilion, if it shows on your side) … 2nd was on a dell tower …. Once I receive new HP Tower that will be 3rd

I seen when I purchased you are allowed 3 activation … Is that active ones??? Reason I ask is I run a couple venues … One 7 day a week where I use tower … and other mobile ones .. My plan was, Laptop, Tower and a back up laptop …. Will my activation on the tower I can not use be held against me??

Again thanks for your time …
    Jim

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Ah, gotcha! Yes, you get three initial activation’s. The good news is if you need more, just submit a ticket at PCDJ.com for support and request a ‘code reset’ and they can do it for you — no charge.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.