Back to Karaoki Support Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

NField
    Participant

Hi not downloaded the full version yet just using the free trial, currently having issues with graphics, problems with just downloaded sunfly tracks and my dmg tracks that have red background.
    Just wondered if anyone else is having issues, these particular tracks work perfectly on karaoke and vdj.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Red backgrounds? I don’t think I’ve seen that before. Strange selection for a background, considering how red wears on your eyes quickly. Regardless, can you send a file to use to check out? I haven’t heard of the issue prior: rsherr at pcdj dot com.

NField
    Participant

Ok Ryan I can do, instead of red background it goes black with no lyrics, its red only on some songs not all of them, it also happens with officially downloaded tracks from sunfly, as the yellow intro scrolls across the yellow turns to black and makes a mess of the graphic but songs starts to scroll fine after. I Will send you a sunfly and a dmg for you to try, I know its not a driver issue as I have the latest installed.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by  NField.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

No, its not a driver issue, we may just be applying a black background. I saw something similar with a file a customer sent us in the past, but it was a really old encoded file and it didn’t play nice with our custom video/CDG engine. Are the scrolling lyrics in black normally? That would likely be whey you’re not seeing the lyrics scroll, since it’s black on black.

NField
    Participant

On some they are originally on red background with black lyrics scrolling as that’s how they are on the original cdg’s. these are dated 2010 so rather recent for cdg I would say, I know it dosnt like the old bmg tracks as the way the lyrics scroll but these are from the old pioneer era of the late 1980’s as even vdj cant cope with those but karaoki can!

NField
    Participant

I Have just sent you a couple of files for you to try out, they work fine in karaoki but not so well in LYRX.

NField
    Participant

Sorry If the emails come through as bits as I can only send 15mb in email, I have no way of zipping the files to compress them or have no idea how to lol.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Yep, received all three emails with attachments. I’ve already sent off to development for their future review. I think by default DEX 3/LYRX apply a black background — so when a scroll uses black, you have the effect that you do with these files (where you only see the yellow text, not the scroll). I’m sure they will look at it when they can fit it in!

NField
    Participant

Ok that’s great thanks Ryan just hope it all helps with future development of what is already a great product!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.