Back to DEX 3 Support Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    djdubceast49
    djdubceast49
    Participant

How do I actually edit the beatgrid? The downbeat on almost all of my tracks are in the wrong positions and those same tracks BPM(s) are incorrect.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

It’s not editable at this time, but that’s certainly on our massive ‘to-do list’. You can edit BPM’s however, just click the little ‘gear’ icon next to the BPM displayed in the deck/s section to edit/tap out the BPM. However, I don’t think we’ve ever had someone suggest that the downbeat is wrong nearly that much of the time. What format of music are you mixing, mostly? Are you using DEX 3.13.0.6? You can also try this with the new beta – DOWNLOAD FOR WINDOWSDOWNLOAD FOR MAC (install with existing version closed to update).

djdubceast49
    djdubceast49
    Participant

Im mostly mixing hip hop and r & b and I will try the beta. Thank you in advance.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Also, try disabling “steady rhythm BPM detection in options (under general) – which isn’t always great for R&B/Hip Hop.

djdubceast49
    djdubceast49
    Participant

It was already disabled, then I enabled, then I disabled again…No change. This should have been the FIRST thing that should have been implemented, but overall the program is awsome!

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

The “First Thing” is highly debatable, depending on who you ask and what type of DJing you do, but I understand. The way the beat grid works is fairly ‘new’. We’ll get there.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  Ryan Sherr.
    djdubceast49
    djdubceast49
    Participant

I appreciate the input and the assistance, but for time being, ill wait until the program has the edit bpm function. I will use my other programs in the meantime.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.