Back to DEX 3 Support Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

novibowlkaraoke
    Participant

Can downloaded Party Tyme files be saved to another drive and accessed?

novibowlkaraoke
    Participant

Reason being that my hard drive won’t accommodate the whole library.

JohnDrew
    JohnDrew
    Participant

I have not purchased any yet from party tyme, although if you are purchasing individual songs then you should be able to save them to whatever download location you choose. If PCDJ saves them to a certain location then you need to find that folder and move them where you want. That’s probably not much help but if you find out you can’t move them then I would purchase them somewhere else. If you’re using the subscription service then that’s a different story.

novibowlkaraoke
    Participant

Thanks, JohnDrew. Yes, it’s for the download option of the subscription service. I don’t have enough hard drive space to hold the whole library, so I want them directed to my external hard drive.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Files can only be downloaded to the dedicated Muvika folder on your C drive — they do not permit for files to be stored on removable storage devices. It would give hackers and easier method to defeat the DRM system. I don’t think they have any plans on changing it, but I understand the benefit.

You guys should think about joining our Facebook user group – it’s a lot busier than the forums 🙂 Here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/208451843303338/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.