Back to DEX 3 Support Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

jayco
    Participant

As soon as DEX3 is loaded, I get a message that pcdj has stopped working. I have to reload it several times to get it working. It just recently stared doing this. I have been using this same program for years without this issue.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Are you using the latest update, version 3.12.0.3? Typically this is either an issue engaging your audio device on startup, or a database issue. If you have any USB or HID devices connected, such as a mouse or other device, try disconnecting all and reopen DEX 3. If it still doesn’t launch, you can then try deleting your preferences and see if DEX 3 launches thereafter. With DEX 3 closed, go to Documents -> PCDJ-DEX3 -> Settings. In that folder delete the file labeled ‘preferences’ and then try loading DEX 3 again. Let me know how it goes!

jayco
    Participant

Yes, I am using 3.12.03. I did as you instructed; I disconnected all USB devices from my laptop. I still aborts most of the time when I start DEX3. I deleted the preferences and it still aborts with the message PCDJ stopped working.
    No anti-virus SW installed.
    Laptop Specs;
    3gb mem
    1.83Ghz intel duo core cpu
    64 bit OS
    Windows 7 OS
    DEX3 installed on C drive with 64.4gb free space
    Music installed on D drive w/185gb free space

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, the computer is well under-specification for DEX 3. It could simply be that when DEX 3 tries to load the shaders (which is has on by default, and only added in 3.11) when it opens, it causes a crash. Here’s what you need MINIMUM to run DEX 3 (do you have another machine you can use?):

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS: WINDOWS
    Windows: 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 10
    Intel Core i3/i5/i7 – AMD Ryzen 3000
    4 GIG RAM or Better (If you have more than 100,000 songs we’d recommend at least 8GB)
    Video Card: Dedicated Graphics Card with at least 512MB (or Intel HD 3000 Series or better)
    DirectX/ASIO Compatible Multi-Channel Audio Interface (and/or USB audio interface)
    200 MB free on the hard-drive

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS: MAC
    Mac: OSX 10.9 or greater
    Intel Core i3/i5/i7
    4 GIG RAM or Better (If you have more than 100,000 songs we’d recommend at least 8GB)
    Video Card: Dedicated Graphics Card with at least 512MB (or Intel HD 3000/Iris Series or better)
    Multi-channel Core Audio soundcard (and/or USB audio interface)
    200 MB free on the hard-drive

Important Note: The above are recommendations for standard 480p (SD) Video Mixing:
    For 720p HD videos: At least 4GB of RAM, 8GB recommended, a video card with at least 512MB dedicated video RAM
    For 1080p/1080i full HD videos: At least 4GB of RAM, 8GB recommended, a video card with at least 1GB dedicated video RAM

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

One other thing it could possibly be (although with the specifications of the computer you’re running, you will likely have other performance issues with DEX 3 regardless): Did you have a 32bit version prior to updating? You can’t have both the 32bit version and 64bit version of DEX 3 installed at the same time. If you see more than one DEX 3 installed in “programs and features” – un-install both, then only install the 64bit version. See if it then opens up.

jayco
    Participant

I deleted the DEX3 and re-downloaded it. It seems to have fixed the problem. I restarted DEX3 several times w/o crashing.
    Will I need a sw key since I deleted the program and reinstalled it?

Thanks Ryan for all your help

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

That’s good news, although I would still strongly consider upgrading your machine when/if you can. You will not need your key, the software should still be activated.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.