Back to DEX 3 Support Forum
Viewing 27 posts - 171 through 197 (of 197 total)
  • Author

mr respondent
    Participant

Hi Ryan,
    1/. The video transitions are rather limited, it would be good to have more choices,
    2/. I used to have the very old PCDJ, it remembered the song choices you had made previously, the more you accessed those tracks, the higher up the list they always came, after a few session they ALWAYS came to the top. Great for karaoke where people prefer certain makers..IE Sunfly/Zoom and so on. I know there is another way of making DEX do this but it is long winded by comparison.
    3/. For karaoke, it would be useful to be able simply to “click” on the video window to make it go to that player whilst the songs are being played.

I still really like DEX interface, it’s clean and simple, not cluttered.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Thanks! We plan on adding smart lists – and one of those lists would be ‘most played’. So it suspect it would work for you/your request.

We will add more transitions/effects as well.

I’m a little confused on “3”. Do you mean the crossfader would jump to that side when you click the video display itself? (deck A or B)?

mr respondent
    Participant

Thanks Ryan, and as to suggestion 3, yes that’s what I mean, instead of having to use the slider to go from A to B, a simple click of the cursor on whichever side you wished to view to main screen, means that while the program does that I can cross fade on my external mixer as well.
    The advantage with this is that audio from one track can be playing whilst video from another is being viewed, useful for placing ads for the venue, messages and so on…cheers…great to hear youre planning smart lists and more transistions..OH and one more thing, facility to fade to external video camera…

DJ Rolex
    DJ Rolex
    Participant

External Input video mixing cant be done with a standard pc or mac,
    the hardware is not designed to do that,
    you will need an external video mixer to feed your camera (hdmi) and your DEX 3 output ( hdmi )

something like this

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/V4EX–roland-v-4ex-4-ch-digital-video-mixer-with-effects?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkqC08dDJ2QIVFp7ACh0i3gjAEAQYAyABEgK3avD_BwE

Rolex

Dave4pk
    Participant

Excellent news Ryan.
    I too used to rely on most played versions on karaoke versions like Mr Respondent says, I also have many different versions of certain karaoke tracks and this tends to organise the good from not so good versions we carry.

Looking forward to smart lists to be added in the future.
    Ive updated Dex3 to you 10.0 beta and love the singer list updates you added. You absolutely nailed that one. Thanks for all your efforts. Us Djs/Vjs and Kjs all truly appreciate the hard work you and all your guys put in to making Dex 3 the best there is.

Keep up thr great work.
    ps. We know youre using KaraokeQuest and Songbookdb on Karaoki, both of which are an absolute god sennd to those using it. Is there any news on any of these (or something similar) being added to Dex 3 or better still, your own guys designing your own version. I’d happily pay a monthly subscription without doubt as Im already paying for songbookdb, but know full well there is room for improvement on this software. Who better to take it to the next level? 😉😉

mr respondent
    Participant

thanks for the link, checking it out now cheers Brian

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback, Dave!

I’m very happy with how the rotation list has been implemented as well. The filler music option should be added in public beta 2 next week as well. It will automatically play music in between singers, without using any of the actual decks in DEX 3. It will use the case player, which means you can even assign it to a different channel/output.

I definitely want to see the smart lists as well. Always has been on the ever growing, always changing, to do!

We will have a solution for remote requests. We’re still determining the proper avenue to take. We would very much like to have our own in house solution but we’ll see 🙂

Boogieman34950
    Boogieman34950
    Participant

Hi Ryan, how about Mixed In Key & Platinum Notes integration?

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

No, we already have a very good key detection system we built ourselves and will expand on over time. We have no plans on implementing third-party algorithms or the like. We want to keep all the code in house for various reasons. We currently have one ‘code’ that can deploy and work on any OS as well. Once you start down the path of third-party software you have to rely on other developers for updates etc – which won’t always follow your own development schedule. We’ve done that type of thing in the past and won’t again. It can be a proverbial boat-anchor to moving your product/code ahead.

You can search songs by key in DEX 3 after scanning for key, which will help you mix harmonically. We have quite a few articles about this on our website. To search for key, just type in “K” before the key and DEX 3 will retrieve a list of songs in that key. Again, it’s basic now, but won’t always be…

rkwild
    Participant

VDJ 8.2 has an “invert decks” feature that allows you to map a button on your controller to invert 1 & 3 or 2 & 4 so you can control 4 decks with a two deck controller.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

DEX 3 supports swap using 4 deck controllers. Usually there is a button on the controller itself that can do this. What DJ controller are you trying to use? On my Denon MC6000 MKII their are buttons for 1/2 and 3/4 to swap each side, for example.

Adding a software toggle isn’t out of the question regardless.

MusicMan
    Participant

Being able place songs in the side list where you want will be much easier.
    I have mentioned this before but is there any chance of an option to choose whether the last played song goes to the top or the bottom of history, for me personally to just click on history and see the last few songs played would be good.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

You can already drag a song to position in the sidelist now? This was one of the added features in the new 3.10.0.2 update that was just posted. Unless I’m not understanding?

I can see about the history sort — but you’ll notice that once you enter history, and scroll to the bottom of the list for the latest songs (or just click your “END” button on your keyboard to jump to the bottom of the list) every time you access the list during that session you will always be at the very bottom of the list (it recalls the last position).

Rayne6669
    Participant

I would love to see the ability to broadcast using Shoutcast. I know right now you can do it with Icecast, but Shoutcast would be awesome too.

Joe
    Participant

Please include the path (folder names) in the search.

Our previous DJ software included the path (folders) in the search. This allowed us to put any text we wanted in the folder names and then we could use this text in the search. This is much easier than editing the tag information. And the folder name can be very personal, not limited to what is in the file name or track tags.

Dave4pk
    Participant

Hi Ryan,
    After trying many Video MP3 subscription download companies and there are many good LEGAL ones about at the moment, bpmsupreme suited my needs best and I am subscribing to them to get all my latest videos. Is there any possibility of adding a search button from Dex3 to search the BPMSupreme page without leaving the comfort of Dex3 any time in the future? I know its been done with other other outside sources in the past, but I would love this added to dex3 if at all possible.

Dave.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Hi Dave, glad to hear you’re enjoying their service. I too use BPM Supreme almost exclusively now.

In app support for their service is something we’d like to offer – but it does take considerable ‘setup’ for BPM Supreme. They need to develop an API/SDK for us to use to integrate their platform into DEX 3. This isn’t out of the question. We’ll see what the future holds!

On another note, not sure if you saw it, but Pulselocker was purchased by BeatPort so they will be re-branding and re-launching the service later this year. We hope to integrate their platform at that time (which doesn’t mean we can’t also offer BPM Supreme as well).

Dave4pk
    Participant

Hi Ryan.
    Is there any chance of adding popular version into the search song facility?
    ie. Karaoke tracks might have 10+ versions of certain tracks but will store the most popular played versions at the top of the list. This was available in pcdj many years ago.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Yes, based on ‘play count’ – we’ve talked about this. It’s somewhere on the to-do – just can’t tell ya where, yet!

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

BTW, you may want to join our new official facebook user group – lots of talk up there (quite a bit busier than the forums). Here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/208451843303338/

Dave4pk
    Participant

Thanks Ryan and yes. Play count was the term I meant.

azrandyusa
    Participant

In the karaoke player, how about a “clock down” showing how much time is left in the current song? Currently, you only show the clock showing the length of the tune.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

If you click on the cloud it changes from elapsed time to remaining (and vice versa).

azrandyusa
    Participant

Thank you, Ryan!

DJ Rolex
    DJ Rolex
    Participant

Ryan,
    some wishes that will make this already great software even better

1.- fade in,out when a deck stops , cues or start playing (aka winamp soft start stop )
    right now it just cuts out , wish its user adjustable so you can set in 50msec increments
    from 0 ( no fade in at all ) to 300msec i think more than that is not ear pleasing.

2.- adjustable break in, out for decks, right now you can stop a deck like a vinyl turntable but when you
    let the deck to play again, it just starts instantly with no inertia speeding up the turntable
    so adjustable stop and start brakes would be nice so you can choose how many milliseconds the deck
    will reach its normal playing speed.

3.- the frequencies on the eq wish to be adjustable as well in the standard 1/3 Octave ranges so you select the freq on the
    knob ,below are the most usable for Djing
    LF 40HZ, 50Hz ,63HZ , 80HZ
    MF 800Hz, 1Khz, 1.25Khz,1.6Khz,2Khz
    HF 8Khz,10Khz, 12.5Khz ,16Khz

on mid EQ a Bell filter with adjustable Q, Narrow band , Medium Band or Widebandl
    the LF and HF can be High Shelf and Low Shelf Eq’s

Just my 2 cents
    Rolex

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Thanks, and all quality suggestions, Rolex! I haven’t heard a request for the 1st one prior – where when you cue/stop the deck it fades instead of stopping. Interesting indeed.

We have a pretty major ‘core upgrade’ we need to do to the DEX 3 A/V engine before we get back to work on DJ functionality (as everything is ‘built on’ that code). It may take a couple/three months or so to fully complete. The AV engine upgrade will have many benefits for the DEX 3 platform that will be imperative for us to continue to ‘build on’ to the code. We will also have a new in-app music subscription partner that we’ll be announcing in October – an integration we need to complete by the end of the year. Too much to do!

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

BTW guys, be sure to join our new Facebook User Group – very ‘busy’ up there compared to the user forums. Everyone’s already on Facebook, I suppose 🙂 You can join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/208451843303338/

Viewing 27 posts - 171 through 197 (of 197 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.