March 13, 2018 at 3:35 pm #16873
You can download the all-new DEX 18.104.22.168 update now!
Loads of professional karaoke features are now included:
What’s New, Changed, and Updated in DEX 3 Pro Version 22.214.171.124:
– Added Karaoke Singers Rotation list (managed singer rotation)
– Rotation list functionality – after 20s of playback, the top singer in the rotation list is moved to the bottom of the list (if it still has any songs left to play/sing)
– You can move, remove, collapse/expand the songs for a singer (click on the number of songs text/arrow)
– You can drop a karaoke track on a singer’s line (and the singer’s name will be automatically pre-selected)
– Singers history using autocomplete for Singer’s name (on macOS press F5 (Fn + F5) or Option-Esc to bring up the autocomplete list); you can clear the remembered singers;
– You can add a track to the rotation by drag & drop, pressing
on a track, double-clicking on a track, selecting the “Send to sidelist” menu option (right-click on a track)
– DEX 3 Pro can now read all karaoke zip formats
– Added Shuffle option to the Sort menu
– History list now displays the singer that sang the song (singer name is saved to History list)
– Search for all songs by a karaoke singer in DEX 3’s History list by typing “singer:name” or “s:name” (eg. s:joe)
– Fixed cue points (in the mixer area) on the default 2-decks skins
– Several improvements and fixes for drag & drop (eg. you can drop a track in a specific position in the side list)
– Added Karaoke settings tab (in the Preferences/Configuration window)
– Added setting: select the number of next singers to show on the video screen (0..5 singers)
– Added setting: use case/preview player as background music / filler player for karaoke
– Background music player / filler player for karaoke (please enable the setting above first)
–- Click on the Play button (case/preview player) to start mixing the AutoMix list; press again to pause;
–- Right-click to mix to the next track (skip)
– Added the new Karaoke Singers Rotation list features to the 3 default Daytime skins
– Smaller fonts for the karaoke next singers (on the video output)
– Other minor fixes and performance improvements are also included
Learn more and grab it here: http://www.pcdj.com/download-dj-software-update-dex-3-10-0-2/March 13, 2018 at 11:22 pm #16874
I have loaded this new version. Some questions. I know that it is for Karaoke.
1. Can you use the case play in music mode to play background music at a wedding?
2. If you can does it grey out the songs?
3. I noticed that when you click on the history list the date and the time you played the song is gone.March 14, 2018 at 9:49 am #16875
1) Yes, there is the new automatic filler music player. This video covers how it works: https://youtu.be/AVNelqkVWIw
3) History does show date/time (I just double-checked to make sure!) – you need to make sure you’re using the default library view however, not the spread sheet view which doesn’t support the time/date stamp fields. So right click in the history list and ‘toggle view mode’ back to the default browser view, the ‘modern view’, and you’ll see your date/time stamps. This video also covers how you search singer/song history in the singers list (one additional tip that wasn’t covered, you can just type in: S:singers name here : to locate singer songs/history: https://youtu.be/mnL1Fkqig_Y
Let me know if you need further assistance!March 14, 2018 at 10:51 am #16876
Thank you Ryan.
1. I will play with this and see if it works like I think and hope. It sounds like it will.
2. Does it also auto delete?
3. I was using spreadsheet mode.March 14, 2018 at 10:54 am #16877
Yes, singers will be removed automatically if they no longer have songs in their queue. It’s honestly pretty intuitive – I’m impressed with how our developers applied logic. Simple and effective.March 15, 2018 at 6:22 pm #16890
The new features are great! Here are my observations on how to make it even better:
1. When using the case player for the fill-in music, it would be nice to have an option to always start at the beginning of the next song if you wanted instead of always starting back where it left off after a singer.
2. The way it fades in and out of the next singer screen is great, but I’m one that hates using a next singer screen and would rather have an option for an overlay image or slideshow to automatically fade in and out. Currently, if you have the singer screen set to 0 singers, nothings shows up at all and you have to manually toggle the main overlay.
3. When using the case player, is it possible to have it be able to play videos in case you want a night with nothing but music videos in between singers?
I appreciate all the hard work and these are merely suggestions to make this awesome program even better.March 16, 2018 at 1:12 pm #16909
Thanks for the feedback! By no means are we done, and some of these suggestions are already in our to-do. (such as ‘load next track’ when the filler music player kicks back in). I also suggested we allow the overlays to display when setting the number of singers to 0. (the video playback part using the automatic filler music player may not be possible – since it’s not using a physical ‘deck’. You can still switch to the regular playlist and use automix for the videos between singers however).
This was a major upgrade for PCDJ development and took about 3 months of work – and we do have quite a few DJ/video mixing features to work on next. We’ll have another karaoke specific update sometime in the summer/late summer.March 23, 2018 at 10:24 am #16970
I plan to upgrade in a day or two.
It still is not clear to me how the present version adds songs to the database. I use Windows file manager to move songs from one computer to the drive that has the folders/songs for DEX-3 to use. I did add everything to the favorites folder. Then when I start DEX-3 the songs seem to be in the database. If I click on a new folder (in the favorites) the songs are there.
Please explain how songs are added to the database with the new version. I will continue to put new songs and folders with songs on the DEX-3 hard drive with file explorer before I start DEX-3. Will they be added automatically?March 23, 2018 at 11:46 am #16971
Joe, the browser features are the same as always – have you read our go-to guide for how to properly import/manage and update your DEX 3 music library here? >> http://www.pcdj.com/suggested-method-importing-tracks-into-dex-3-updating-library/
That article should really help you understand the DEX 3 browser conceptually – but let us know if you have further questions!March 23, 2018 at 12:14 pm #16972
After I add songs I have to click on a folder to add the new songs to the database, correct. It will not add songs automatically?
I have a bunch of folders within folders, within folders. Say I have a master folder that has hundreds of folders and folders within folders. Now in Windows I add songs to several of these folders and create new folders with songs. Then start DEX-3. If I click on favorites and then the master folder will it add all the songs?
If I click on a folder it will add the songs in that folder and all of its sub-folders? But not other folders?March 25, 2018 at 2:03 pm #16984
I had thought that the DEX-3 search included the path folder names. But Is this correct? I can do a search for just folder names and it did not find the songs that are in that folder. I like to put the year in a folder name and I want it to find songs for that year.March 26, 2018 at 12:10 pm #16989
No, it doesn’t search folder names (path). Why not just nest your ‘year’ folders as favorites for direct access/browsing? or, apply the year to the year field in the browser.May 7, 2018 at 2:12 pm #17763
Update looks great, as always Ryan! As you know by my past emails to you regarding Karaoki, I have a new Windows 10 computer. I’d like to load this new version of Dex3, but I can’t find my “unlock” code. Could you send that to me again?
Apache Junction, AZMay 7, 2018 at 2:21 pm #17764
Thanks, we just released version 126.96.36.199 this morning as well – see here: http://www.pcdj.com/dj-software-download-3-10-0-4-update-for-dex-3-pro-or-dex-3-re/
If you need your code support can assist (I do not have direct access to user codes). Just submit a new support ticket on this page and they will respond with your code quickly: http://dex3.pcdj.com/May 19, 2018 at 3:36 pm #17866
Playing a gig right now and the BPM’s are screwed up. All the videos are playing too slow!!!! Any ideas?May 19, 2018 at 3:40 pm #17868
Just gonna try a reinstallMay 22, 2018 at 4:12 am #17898
Just to let you know that the solution to this issue, for me, was to alter the “Select an additional audio device for previewing” option from “NO AUDIO” to “Speaker/Headphone (Realtek Audio Device)”.May 22, 2018 at 11:53 am #17900
That’s odd honestly. You do not typically want to select anything from that menu unless you’re running 2 separate audio interfaces (two sound cards). That’s really the old way of doing things anyway, with multi-channel pro audio interfaces (and DJ controllers with them built in) being prevalent. One device, two stereo outputs = no sync issues across the devices.
Often times selecting the same audio device that you have for the main output under the preview drop down option (bottom option on the audio routing tab) results in static and other audio issues. You didn’t experience any of that?
Remember, if you are mixing videos with DEX 3 – you need a dedicated graphics card for any HD quality videos (so you don’t have performance and playback problems). A dedicated graphics card with at least 1GB of RAM would be ideal.
Also, if you do have a dedicated graphics card, here’s how to make sure DEX 3 is using it to decode/play videos:May 22, 2018 at 5:51 pm #17904
I get the static and slowing/racing audio if I have NO AUDIO selected in the bottom option in the audio routing tab. Also my machine has a NVIDIA Ge Force GTX 1050 and an Intel HD Graphics 630.May 22, 2018 at 6:05 pm #17905
And what do you have selected (at the top) for the main audio output device? if you’re not using a multichannel interface (for headphone cuing support) I suppose it doesn’t really matter if you have the same thing selected for both – but usually this leads to audio sync issues (and static etc).
If you have both an Nvidia card and intel, you need to use this guide to ensure DEX 3 only uses the nvidia card for graphics processing (otherwise it will use the lower end shared intel graphics card):May 22, 2018 at 6:39 pm #17906
I’ve followed the steps for the NVIDIA card and I’d say it’s 97% solved the issue. I now have NO AUDIO sewlected and don’t have any slowing/racing of the videos, but there’s still the slightest hint of static. The Latency on my Realtek wasapi is greyed out at 22.0ms – has this always been the case?August 27, 2018 at 12:01 am #18510
Trying to download the newest version of Dex3 from my version 188.8.131.52 but it appears that the only version that I can find on the website is for the version I currently have.August 27, 2018 at 11:00 am #18528
You can always find the latest download and all version history on the DEX 3 support page here.August 28, 2018 at 11:58 pm #18543
I went to the link but this is what it shows. It still shows v 184.108.40.206 and when I click to download even the files appears to be the .1 version and not the .2 version.August 29, 2018 at 11:03 am #18545
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.