Back to DEX 3 RE Support Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

DJSarge
    Participant

DEX 3 RE has been working. Was Troubleshooting noise issue with Yamaha MG10XU and new vers.Yamaha Steinberg driver.

Looks like Windows 10 updated and now DEX 3 RE starts to load and gets stuck with a “Windows Installer” box hiding behind the DEX 3 RE screen.

Uninstalled, restarted, downloaded new from site, installed and same thing.

My memory says this has happened before, though can’t find the solution.

Thanks,

Sarge

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Not sure why anything would have to ‘install’ when opening up DEX 3 RE. I just did all the latest Windows 10 updates (a bit one, that took an hour or so) and DEX 3 and DEX 3 RE still open just fine.

Regardless, I would see if it’s settings/database related. Just go into Documents with DEX 3 RE closed and delete the folder labeled “PCDJ-RED3”. Then, re-install the new 3.10.0.4 release of DEX 3 RE from this page and then open up and see if it runs: https://www.pcdj.com/dex-3-re-support/

I have talked a couple users experience a corrupt user profile when updating Windows 10 which would cause all kinds of issues for DEX 3 RE – hopefully that’s no the case, here!

DJSarge
    Participant

Done and same issue.

A small Windows Installer hiding behind the PCDJ DEX 3 RE loading screen.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

So, can you minimize DEX 3 RE to see this mysterious install screen? I do not see any reports of this right now so honestly not sure the cause. By deleting that folder it’s exactly like a fresh install. Seems like something may be corrupt with your windows installation after updating.

DJSarge
    Participant

Issue resolved. Uninstalled the Yamaha Steinberg USB driver and DEX 3 RE installed and opened.
    Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.