Back to DEX 3 Support Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Greg
    Participant

I am having a issue with the DEX 3 software, I loaded a lot of songs into the data base around 200,000 or so. I believe I only have 4 gigs of ram. Im sure it was probably that but ever since then the software is acting funny.I am using the preview player as a back up music player when I load it and start to use it sometimes it will work but sometimes the songs disappear without playing at all. also the load singer button will load the first singer but often not anymore. I have a gig tonight and am in desperate need of advice. Can I uninstall it as a last resort and just start over this time not loading songs to the data base or is there another fix. If you are able to give any suggestions asap I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You
    Greg Johnson

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

4GB of RAM is our bare minimum – and will only allow for up to about 150,000 songs in the cache with breathing room. Since you are likely overloading the RAM (ala the tag cache) you’re running into resource issues. You really want to have about 8GB of RAM for your collection and still have room to breath. What’s your graphics card, as well?

If you go into options in DEX 3, under the “audio routing” tab, you may want to try increasing the latency (buffer size) as well – this will help compensate for the slower hardware/machine. That may fix the audio issues.

Here’s what you really want to properly run DEX 3:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS: WINDOWS
    Windows: 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 10
    2.5GHz Intel Core i3/i5/i7 / Amd Phenon (Celeron Not Recommended)
    4 GIG RAM or Better (If you have more than 120,000 songs we’d recommend at least 8GB)
    Video Card: Dedicated Graphics Card with at least 512MB (or Intel HD 3000 Series or better)
    DirectX/ASIO Compatible Multi-Channel Audio Interface (and/or USB audio interface)
    200 MB free on the hard-drive

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS: MAC
    Mac: OSX 10.9 or greater
    2.5GHz Intel Core i3/i5/i7
    4 GIG RAM or Better (If you have more than 120,000 songs we’d recommend at least 8GB)
    Video Card: Dedicated Graphics Card with at least 512MB (or Intel HD 3000/Iris Series or better)
    Multi-channel Core Audio soundcard (and/or USB audio interface)
    200 MB free on the hard-drive

Important Note: The above are recommendations for standard 480p (SD) Video Mixing:
    For 720p HD videos: At least 4GB of RAM, 8GB recommended, a video card with at least 512MB dedicated video RAM
    For 1080p/1080i full HD videos: At least 4GB of RAM, 8GB recommended, a video card with at least 1GB dedicated video RAM

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.