Back to DEX 3 Support Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jahman26
    Participant

Hi Why is it that whenever my Mac prompts me to update I lose my playlist,histroy and jingles. Is there anyway to stop this happening.

Thanks for your help

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

That’s not the usual occurrence for MAC or Windows users. That’s odd. You should make a backup of your PCDJ-DEX3 folder in your MAC’s documents folder. If you back that folder up in another location and drop it back into the documents folder after updating your MAC, replacing the PCDJ-DEX3 folder already in there, it should revert right back to your last saved data (lists, settings, etc).

I do not see reports from other users suggesting this is a common occurrence after installing macOS updates so I’m not certain what’s going on there!

CapitalSound
    Participant

Just an FYI. I have a Windows 10 machine on the latest update of Windows. I did the update from DEX 3.9.0.5 to 3.9.0.9 and I did not uninstall first or back up my database. I lost my database and all user lists. This happened one other time several versions back. I should have backed up, especially with a change from 32 bit to 64 bit. Thanks. The software performed perfectly over the weekend, by the way. I just had to recreate some of my lists.

jahman26
    Participant

yes Capitalsounds. whenever i update the mac it puts Dex3 back to factory setting. all my settings,playlist, favourites. everything deleted. this has happened to me twice.

Ryan hope there can be a fix for this as every time i have to update i’ll have to do what you mentioned above.
    I’ll monitor it see what happens next time.

Thanks

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

That’s not normal, so I really don’t know what to suggest. I’ve been using my same test machine for DEX 3 updates since version 3 first launched a few years back. I’ve never had to re-create lists, re-do settings etc. It’s always a seamless patch over-top. This seems to be the norm for the vast majority of users. In short, we just don’t know why this would happen as it simply shouldn’t. We’d need to see it happen (in a test environment) to even gather enough data to see what may be the cause.

I would definitely make sure to backup your PCDJ-DEX3 folder in documents prior to updating moving forward, at least until we can (hopefully) figure out why you’ve had to do this!

We’ve just posted DEX 3.9.0.10 today as well – please get it here:

I’ll be posting a new thread on the update momentarily!

mrmagoo
    Participant

I have learned to always back up as I have had this happen. But I believe that it is machine related. I have two computers that I try hard to keep identical. If I lose it it only happens on the one (same) machine. It has never happened on the other one. And it has happened at least twice to me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.