Tagged: 

Back to DEX 3 Support Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JohnDrew
    JohnDrew
    Participant

I am having an issue with my database, can anyone help please?
    So this is the deal, I initially followed the instructions to set up the database for my karaoke files and everything seemed to work fine. Pcdj scoured my hard drive and found them all. I didn’t have any regular music or videos at the time so I used the database button and selected the karaoke button to see all of my files, everything was fine. Then subscribed to BPM supreme for a short time, I downloaded some videos and music just to try it out. I downloaded the music to the music folder and the videos to the video folder, I then went down the column to explorer, documents, music, and video and selected add to database. The popup said that it was doing what it was supposed to but I got nothing. So I moved the music and videos into their own folder and moved them to the folder I had my karaoke in and that worked. However I have found a new video pool called smashvision, which is amazing for videos! Anyway I I did all of the above again but they don’t show up when I click on the video button. Here’s the problem, I can see the few BPM videos that I downloaded, the smashvision videos are in there but they don’t show, if I search for a song it doesn’t show but when I clear the search field all of the videos are there. Then I can click on karaoke and see my karaoke, click back to videos and there are only the same BPM videos. I feel like I should just uninstall and reinstall the whole thing and start over. Can anyone help me? Is there a way to clear the pcdj database and start it over from scratch? I have a Karaoke gig on Thursday and although I have MTU hoster I can use but really wanted to play with the video options at this gig. I did submit a ticket to pcdj 3 days ago and haven’t heard anything so any help would be great. Thanks!

JohnDrew
    JohnDrew
    Participant

Ok after that long thread I got it fixed lol. I went ahead and watched the video on how to back up and restore the database. I wasn’t wanting to back up the database if it was corrupted but while watching the video it showed me where the database file was. On a pc go the the document folder, go into the dex 3 folder and delete the database folder. When you open dex3 3 it will give you the option to import your files again. It fixed it. I am still kind of disappointed that I submitted a ticket and haven’t heard anything back. I really do like this software quite a bit though. I hope they get support for Spotify soon.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Please check your spam/bulk email – your support ticket was answered the day after your submitted it (Yahoo, hotmail, and quite a few others ALWAYS place PCDJ emails in spam/bulk email) .

Remember, after you initially import all songs into the master database ‘list’ — you can update DEX 3 with new songs by simply opening up DEX 3 and clicking on the folder where the songs are (in the folder they ‘live in’ directly). Once you click on the folder and you ‘see’ the songs load in the middle pane of the library they are added to the internal database and search cache (for good). This is what support wrote you back with. This is also why you want to nest your main music folders under ‘favorites” in DEX 3 for direct/easy access.

Unless Spotify changes their policy and permits commercial use, we aren’t going to take the (considerable) time to add support. SoundCloud Go+ is a good option now, and will get better.

JohnDrew
    JohnDrew
    Participant

Ryan thanks for the response, it was in my spam. I apologize, I usually check that. I did get everything corrected. Again love the software and support
    Thanks!

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Thanks, and you’re welcome!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.