Back to DEX 3 Support Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

evansjamesk
    Participant

I have DEX3 at home and use it at my club. Is it possible to transfer song hot cues from my laptop to the club computer? I’d like to have the songs all queued up and ready to go, but if I have to recreate all the cues I made at home, it’ll be a pain.

Jim

• This topic was modified 6 months ago by  evansjamesk.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Yes, but only if the path to where your music files themselves are stored is exactly the same on the club machine. Thus, if you’re using an external drive, the drive letter will need to be the same in the club as it is at home. You can force drive letter changes in Computer Management if need be. Here’s a guide to transferring all data (which will include your cue points): https://www.pcdj.com/dex-3-or-lyrx-how-to-backup-and-restore-all-data-on-windows-video/

Basically, the same way you make a backup is the same way you move all data (the entire data folder from one machine to the other).

evansjamesk
    Participant

If I follow the suggestion above, and make a backup of my PCDJ data folder, then overwrite the same folder on a different computer, won’t that overwrite everything the other DJs have done? We have six DJs at our club. Also, since most of the folders contain data that I don’t need (Shaders, Skins, Stripes, etc), which folder contains the cue points information, and is there a way to ADD that information to an existing database, rather than REPLACE the current database information on the club computer?

I have all of the files I use, both video and audio, on a flash drive. I’ll make sure the flash drive letter matches on both my laptop and the club computer.

Before I do anything on the club computer I’ll make a backup of the PCDJ-DEX3 folder just in case, but I’d rather not run the risk of causing problems for the other DJs.

evansjamesk
    Participant

To follow up, if I open the database.xml file and copy only the rows pertaining to the files on my jump drive, and then paste those same rows into the database.xml file on the club computer, will that work to keep the cue points?

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Per your last response, it may work, providing the files (your music files) are stored in the EXACT same path/location on the club machine as it is at home. However, I’m not certain how easy it will be to place your rows of data from your db file to their file, without breaking anything. This is not something I’ve done, and do not have experience with it. It should be technically possible, however.

benjamin25
    Blocked

The visitors of site will have accessibility to any required data they want from this site for free

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.