Back to Karaoki Support Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

jkonicke
    Participant

I own a legal database I have built for last 20 years … over 500,000 songs … Problem is, Its only about 100,000 DIFFERANT songs ,,,, so many duplicates and I dont like 20 same songs popping up in my database … Everytime I try to delete songs when I reopen they are back!!!! Still in demo mode for 4 days … But if I cannot edit database I will not buy… Basically, I want to enter my full database … and delete duplicates

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

I would suggest trying our LYRX software over Karaoki if this is important to you. Karaoki can only manage about 80,000 songs or less per case — and when they get as large as your library contains, various DB related issue can occur – such as not being able to delete songs from cases for good. LYRX will manage over 1 million songs in a case. For 500K songs however, I would advise to use a computer with at least 12GB of RAM to manage the search/tag cache appropriately. You can check out LYRX here: http://www.lyrxkaraoke.com

jkonicke
    Participant

Thank you for advise … but at this time I have only loaded about 20 songs … 4 of which I delete and they are back when reopen … only reason I am considering changing programs is because I like songbook DB … my current program “just karaoke” does not support … and never will since they out of busness 🙁

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

So you only have 20 songs in a case, and you can’t delete them? Very strange. Try this though, after deleting the songs from the case, click on another options on the left hand side of the browser (such as ‘search results’). Then, click back on the name of the case where you deleted the songs. Are they still gone? If so, try re-starting Karaoki again to see if they ‘stay gone’.

LYRX will have support for a remote request system early 2020 – a system like SongbookDB.

jkonicke
    Participant

Interesting? … Is this a glitch?? I deleted them, then clicked search results, clicked back on my case which they were still gone, reopened program and they are gone 🙂 Again in demo mood so only loaded a small folder … 50 to be exact … But that trick did seem to work … will try more later …. Thanks again for your time

jkonicke
    Participant

PS … To make sure I am doing correct … I highlight tracks and right click .. >>Edit Tracks .. Remove tracks

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Yes, it may be a bug, a couple others have reported it but it doesn’t seem to occur for all users. I am having development review it. You are performing the process correctly.

jkonicke
    Participant

So I am thinking about giving the program a try 🙂 … With the issue I am facing could this be in the demo?? … Would it be better to remove it first and then reinstall under the buy option??

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

The free trial and the full version are exactly the same — you simply unlock the free trial (remove the 14 day time out) with the activation code you receive after purchase.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.