Back to Karaoki Support Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

What’s up KJs,

I’m in the process of preparing a blog post regarding ‘5 Lesser Known Karaoki Features’ and while I’ve come up with a few potentials I wanted your opinion, if you don’t mind sharing (and/or us potentially sharing on the blog)?

One item I know will be included for certain is the ability to print song books or export to excel easily, right from Karaoki. The other 4 spots are up for debate.

Thanks in advance!

Meep70
    Participant

I love the ability to use a custom background for CDG. I use a solid black botmap, and it makes the background on ALL of my CDG tracks black. The graphics and words are still their original colors, and since every track has a black background, my whole show has a consistent look, every night.

Meep70
    Participant

This was actually one of the BIG reasons I first purchased a license.

Karaoki gracefully handles multiple sound cards, or multiple channels of a multichannel interface. In the configuration window, I can tell Karaoki which channes go to which device. Setting karaoke and BGM to go to different sound cards (or different stereo pairs on a multichannel interface) allows me to control those levels, easily, using an external mixer, as if they were separate CD players.

I also discovered that if I need to change those settings, on the fly, (right in the middle of a song, even!) the playback never falters or misses a beat. If a cable goes bad, you can re-map around it, install a new cable, and return to my preferred settings, and the audience will never notice. Don’t ask me how I know that. I don’t suggest doing that live, but I did it, and it worked smoothly. 😉

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

GREAT suggestions Meep70 – didn’t even think about the ability to use two cards.

These will be included in the blog post, mucho gracias!

Meep70
    Participant

I am glad I could give you something. I was hoping that others would respond, and I could learn some new tricks. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.