Download Free DJ Software | DEX 3 LE Version 184.108.40.206
Download Free DJ Software!
DEX 3 LE version 220.127.116.11 is ready for download (scroll down for download buttons).
As always, DEX 3 LE is freeware – so it’s completely free DJ software you can mix music with at your next house party or event. Yes, DEX 3 LE is free DJ mixing software that works on MAC or Windows that really whips the llama’s ass (shoutout to Nullsoft!🤛🏽).
The new DEX 3 LE release includes a few years of updates already found in our professional DEX 3 DJ software. While DEX 3 LE doesn’t include nearly all the “bells and whistles” found in DEX 3 Pro (audio/video/karaoke software), version 18.104.22.168 includes improvements to the the file browser, a new audio engine with vastly improved sound quality, and a myriad of performance improvements. In short, DEX 3 LE received a long overdue under-the-hood tune up, ensuring it’s inline with our other DJ software products and that much more fun to DJ with.
Notable: With the newly refactored, modern and stable audio I/O system, DJs can now use up to three audio devices simultaneously. Example: if you have more than audio device with headphones connected the signal will be sent to/from all of them.
New, Changed, and Fixed in DEX 3 LE Version 22.214.171.124
- New Windows audio output system using WASAPI (new implementation) or ASIO; DirectSound discontinued;
- Windows, Mac: fixed not-working or bad audio quality for “Select an additional audio device for previewing / monitoring (headphones)”
- Windows, Mac: changed latency setting to power-of-two sizes (64, 128,…,4096) which corresponds to (1.45 ms, 2,9 ms,…,92.9 ms). Please note that on Windows you can only control the latency for ASIO, WASAPI latency is controlled by the OS itself (usually about 22 ms) and cannot be adjusted (it’s fixed).
- Mac: fixed unnecessary audio output resampling (very slight audio quality improvement)
- Windows: fixed pre-selecting the default audio device at the 1st run
- Windows: fixed audio devices with special characters in their name not working
- Mac: fixed AirPods/Pro (and some other Bluetooth devices) sometimes not being detected/working correctly
- Mac: fixed upside-down video on deck 2 when no video loaded on deck 1 (present on some Intel-based Macs)
- Mac: minimum requirements are now macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
- M1 Macs native/full support
- Added Audio Limiter (limits distorsions for higher audio levels)
- New setting in Audio Routing: Enable Limiter (disabled by default)
- Warn DJ when there is no current audio device set or is disconnected: “The audio device could not be found. Please re-connect it and restart the app or select a different audio device from
- Preferences/Options -> Audio Routing tab.”
- Fixed bend +/- buttons Learn mode (keyboard shortcuts) not working
- Fixed crash when updating singers list
- Fixed Windows audio device name with special characters
- Fixed activation/unlocking bug – would not activate in rare occasions
- Added Shuffle option to the Sort menu
- Several improvements and fixes for drag & drop (eg. you can drop a track in a specific position in the list)
- Multiple small bug fixes
- Various performance improvements
IMPORTANT NOTE: in most cases you will need to re-do your audio routing settings after installing 126.96.36.199. You will see a warning (plus instructions) displayed on screen if the current settings are not properly configured.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you receive this warning “setup_dex3le_188.8.131.52_mac.pkg can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. this software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information” when installing to macOS Catalina or above, please follow the steps on Apple’s website to install DEX 3 LE.
Have questions about the latest 184.108.40.206 version of our Free DJ software? Please leave them in the comments section below!