DJ Software | DEX 3.18 Available Now with Upgraded Audio Engine + More
DEX 18.104.22.168 is available now! The latest free update of our top DJ software includes major improvements to the audio engine, time-stretching, and more.
The latest release of the do-it-all DEX 3 mixing software is ready for download. As always, DEX 22.214.171.124 is a free update for existing DEX 3 owners. Simply download and install the latest release with your exiting version closed to update now.
PCDJ development has spent considerable time in the bat cave tinkering with the audio engine. The result is better audio quality output, better overall performance and stability, and improvements to related features such as time-stretching (key lock) and mic support.
The two most notable items included in DEX 126.96.36.199 are:
- The audio I/O system was completely redone to be more stable and more modern. You can also now use more (different) audio devices at the same time, with a maximum of 3: one that can have both inputs and outputs (just like we already had), another one for headphones and another one for microphones. If there are more than 1 headphones or 1 microphone the signal will be sent to/from all of them.
- Big quality increase for “High-quality time-stretching” option – this also applies to the pitch/key shifting/scaling. The quality improvement is significant and can be heard with ease with headphones or with high-volume speakers. Especially if you use bigger time-stretch ratios (eg. more than +/- 8%)
We suggest DEX 3 DJ’s update to the latest release as soon as possible.
Everything New, Changed, and Fixed in DEX 188.8.131.52
Big quality increase for “High-quality time-stretching” option
New Windows audio output system using WASAPI (new implementation) or ASIO; DirectSound discontinued;
New for both Mac and Windows: added extra input device for microphone because sometimes users have separate USB mikes: “Select an additional audio device for microphone input (optional)”
Windows, Mac: fixed not-working or bad audio quality for “Select an additional audio device for previewing / monitoring (headphones)”
Windows, Mac: changed latency setting to power-of-two sizes (64, 128,…,4096) which corresponds to (1.45 ms, 2,9 ms,…,92.9 ms). Please note that on Windows you can only control the latency for ASIO, WASAPI latency is controlled by the OS itself (usually about 22ms) and cannot be adjusted (fixed).
- Windows: fixed pre-selecting the default audio device at the 1st run
- Removed 3rd-party services tracks from the search results if they are not truly active
- Automatically clear decks video output when audio-only content is loaded (eg. after loading a video and then loading an audio track the last video frame was still showing)
- Windows: fixed audio devices with special characters in their name not working
- Mac: fixed audio inputs / microphone bad quality because of resampling bug
- Mac: fixed unnecessary audio output resampling (very slight audio quality improvement)
- Mac: fixed AirPods/Pro (and some other Bluetooth devices) sometimes not being detected/working correctly
- Mac: fixed upside-down video on deck 2 when no video loaded on deck 1 (present on some Intel-based Macs)
- Mac: minimum requirements are now macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
- Fixes for Denon MC6000 MK2: VU-meters now working, better controller detection
- Fixes for Denon MC7000: crash when loading certain tracks
- Various performance improvements
IMPORTANT NOTE: in some (most?) cases you will need to re-do your audio routing settings after installing 184.108.40.206. You will see a warning (plus instructions) displayed on screen if the current settings are not properly configured.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you receive this warning “setup_dex3_220.127.116.11_mac.pkg can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. this software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information” when installing to macOS Catalina or above, please follow the steps on Apple’s website to install DEX 3.
Have questions about the latest 3.18 version of our Top DJ software? Please leave them in the comments section below!