DJ Software | DEX 220.127.116.11 is Ready for Download — Now with Shader Support!
Download and install the DEX 18.104.22.168 DJ Software free update below!
DEX 3.11 is here and it includes a new and massively sought after feature — the ability to display stunning on-screen, beat-aware visualizations by using ‘Shaders‘.
DEX 3 DJs can select from and use thousands of free Shaders from www.shadertoy.com. As demonstrated in the quick video overview below, all you need to do is copy the Shader URL (from your browser’s address bar) into the new Shader menu located at the top right of the DEX 3.11 skin. Once applied, DEX 3 will download/convert the Shader so you can access and apply it anytime you wish from the Shader drop down menu (they are stored for offline playback). Shaders add an exciting and unforgettable visual element to your audio only mixes, although you can use them on top of music videos too.
Also included in version 3.11 is the ability to apply key changes to karaoke tracks when adding them to the singer rotation list. Key changes are also stored in singer history, so you can then add the track back to rotation from history and maintain and reuse both the singer/song as well as the key change. This feature was the one item missing from singer rotation management that rounds out DEX 3’s robust set of karaoke capabilities.
Please view the complete list of updates and changes below. DEX 3.11 furthers our goal in creating the best DJ software for the new and versatile mobile. A true all-in-one entertainment software solution that goes well beyond simple DJing!
Important Shader Note: Shaders very greatly in GPU usage. Some are less taxing on graphics resources, while others are quite heavy. Test all imported Shaders thoroughly before using at an event to be sure your GPU can keep up. Some Shaders may also not be supported at all by DEX 3 at all at this time. Our recommendation is that your MAC/PC is equipped with a dedicated graphics card, which is also the requirement when mixing HD quality videos, if you wish to use Shaders for on-screen visualizations.
What’s New, Changed and Updated in DEX 22.214.171.124
- Added Visualizations (using ShaderToy.com shaders) – you can add new shaders from ShaderToy.com, rename, remove them, etc
- You can pre-adjust key / apply key change in the karaoke rotation list
- You can add tracks from History that have a singer name and key change to the karaoke rotation list (the saved Singer and Key change will be used)
- Added “Always show shaders on top of everything” setting (Video preferences tab)
- Automatically hide/show shader in case the deck does/doesn’t have video – you need to select “0 singers” in the Karaoke preferences or have an audio-only track playing if you want to see the shader; or, you could simply use the new “Always show shaders on top of everything” setting
- New controller supported: Numark NDX500
- Improvements to controllers scripts: Reloop Mixage CE/IE, American Audio VMS2, Hercules DJ Control Steel
- Updated EULA text (license agreement)
- Several bug fixes and performance improvements
DEX 126.96.36.199 Install Instructions: With your existing version of DEX 3 closed, download and install version 188.8.131.52. The free update will seamlessly patch over-top you’re existing DEX 3 version, leaving all your existing data and activation intact.
Demonstrating ‘Shader’ Support in DEX 3.11
Have questions about our best DJ software for mixing all types of media? Post your DEX 3.11 questions below and someone will respond promptly!