DJ Controllers | The Denon DJ MCX8000 is Now DEX 3 Supported (Download Map)
Initial DEX 3 and DEX 3 RE support for the versatile Denon DJ MXC8000 DJ controller is ready — download the map below!
The 4-Deck MCX8000 is a highly popular DJ controller, especially among Mobile DJs, and we’ve had numerous requests to add DEX 3 support throughout the last year or so. With Denon DJs assistance and a little elbow grease we’ve created an initial MAP (download below) that DEX 3 and DEX 3 RE DJs can download for plug-and-play native support.
The Denon MCX8000 will allow you to take control over DEX 3’s robust feature set, for hands-on tactile mixing. However, due to Denon DJ’s agreements in place with another software provider we do not currently support the displays (they will display ‘DENON DJ MCX8000’ during operation instead). We will continue efforts to future support the displays in the future.
With that said, If you’re looking for a high-performance DJ Controller with flexible operation, the 4-deck MCX8000 is a great option to use with DEX 3. 4-Deck mixing support, effects control, hot cues and samples, as well as 2 Mic inputs (karaoke, anyone?) means you can break away from the limitations of using just a keyboard and mouse and get hands-on with DEX 3 or DEX 3 RE.
Key Features of the Denon MCX8000
- Includes revolutionary Denon DJ Engine standalone technology
- 2 USB inputs for Engine playback in standalone mode
- 4-deck Mixing Support
- 2 high-definition displays (for Engine)
- Professional 4-channel digital mixer with 2 microphone inputs
- 3 built-in instant effects for Engine playback and line inputs
- Velocity-sensitive performance pads for cues and samples
- Ethernet connection to control lighting and video
- Metal construction
Important Notes and Limitations When Using with DEX 3 or DEX 3 RE:
- The displays will only show ‘DENON DJ MCX8000’, instead of DEX 3 waveforms and information (this is not a feature Denon can provide documentation for due to existing agreements. Regardless, this feature may be supported in future DEX 3 iterations).
- The LEDs around the Jog Wheels are all lit, instead of using any ‘chase modes’ – we are still determining the best way to implement the chase feature.
DENON DJ MCX8000 INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS: Unzip the Map (js file only!) To: DOCUMENTS -> PCDJ-DEX3 (OR PCDJ-RED3) -> CONTROLLERS with DEX 3/DEX 3 RE closed.
Have questions about the Denon MCX8000 and how it works with DEX 3 or DEX 3 RE DJ Software? Please leave them in the comments section below!