DEX 3 DJ And VJ Software Quick Tip | Color Coding Different Media File Types
DEX 3 DJ and VJ software provides one MIX EVERYTHING platform for all your various media file types.
Thus your track library can consist of many thousands of audio files, video files and karaoke files. Included in DEX 3 are handy library filters to quickly filter out formats you do not want to view in the browser — but what if you want to quickly identify a file type at glance, without applying a filter?
DEX 3 provides color coding buttons on the far right side of any of the default skins, above the sidelist/automix list. Highlight any track in any list (by clicking on it) or favorite folder in DEX 3 and click one of the color code buttons to apply that color. This will apply that color code to the track, no matter how many playlists or folders it may show up in.
Here’s the ideal method for applying a color code to a specific file format only:
- Make sure your entire collection of audio, video and karaoke files are added to the database list (top of the navigation pane, left side of browser)
- Click one of the library filter buttons (Audio, video or karaoke)
- Now, click the top track in the database list so it’s highlighted (you will see a blue outline around the selected track)
- Without clicking on any other song, scroll to the bottom of the database list. Hold down your shift button on your keyboard and click the last track in the list.
- Now, all tracks should be highlighted.
- Click any of the color code buttons to apply that color code to all highlighted tracks. Done!