Tagged: 

Back to General PCDJ Discussions
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Cree8
    Participant

Is there a welcome back thread? Lok

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Woah, a blast from the past!! Maybe there should be 😉

Regardless, let me be the first to day – welcome back!

Cree8
    Participant

Yoooooo what up Ryan! Hope all is well. About to start a residency so I had to come and see what’s new. They’re not doing video mixing yet so I had to see what’s new here because it will be something they’d like to incorporate.

DJ-cyberlegend
    Participant

I’m back again as well – been too busy with work and personal issues, had a nasty health scare last year…

Joe
    Participant

The forum lists entry’s by old dates, We have to change page to see the latest entry. How do I change this so the last entry is the top of page one?

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Joe, not sure I follow – but new posts always show up at the end of the thread. New forum posts always show at the very top of each forum however, with older threads pushed down (this is what you’re seeing on your end, correct?). I can’t recall any prior PCDJ forum that worked differently than this. We’re using BBPress (for wordpress).

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Also, the ‘general’ forum is by far the lest active PCDJ forum. You should post topics in the forum for your specific product when applicable.

Joe
    Participant

ok I click on DEX 3 Wishlist. At the top I see #7270. This one probably should be sticky and always show at the top. Below that I see #7290 Below that I see #7306 and so forth. I click on page two and scroll to the bottom of the list. At the very bottom I see #14890.

I would like for this to be reversed. When I click on Wishlist I want to see #14890 at the top. Sticky posts are good. I see this on two different computers, both running Windows 10, Chrome browser.

I changed my display name from ajhj11 to Joe.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

The DEX 3 wishlist topic is a sticky already? So basically you’re saying you want to see the most recent response at the top? Wouldn’t that be confusing since you’re reading a thread in reverse? I may be mistaking your explanation, but this forum and how threads are displayed is standard forum protocol – at least for all PCDJ forums over the last 18 years.

Of course it’s highly possible I’m still misunderstanding!

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Also, keep in mind when someone responds to a thread, it bumps that thread to the top of the forum…

Joe
    Participant

I like that a thread goes to the top of the forum when someone responds.

It is within the thread that I would like to have a choice. Have a sticky reply that will always stay at the top of the list. This will usually be a note from PCDJ and would be controlled by PCDJ. But then have the latest reply at the top. Maybe this is reading it in reverse. But this is fast, i don’t want to click on page two (or the page 100) then scroll to the bottom to see the latest reply. I have seen this “reverse” style on forums and like it. If there is 1,000 reply’s think how long it would take to see the latest reply. I would like to be able to set my forum to this reverse style. I want to have one click to select Wishlist then see the last reply at the top of the list.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Thanks, Joe. Now I get it! I will see if this is possible with BBPress for WordPress.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.