Back to DEX 3 Support Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

djsurfjunkie
    Participant

HI.. I’m using Dex 3.7 and my user lists used to save and update to saved playlist automatically…not now, does it not do that now and do I have to save it by only export now…this is on a new computer with a new paid program..old computer that I use as back up that has been upgraded from dex 2 to dex 3 still saves it to saved playlists upon closing program…thank you… Overall Great Product

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Thanks! However, I’m a little confused I think. DEX 3 has never auto-updated playlists. If you nest your folders as favorites, to add new songs to the search cache/internal database you just need to click on the folder you added new songs to – once you “see” the songs load in the middle library pane they are added.

Playlists are just that, playlists. They are static lists – so if you want something added to one you need to manually add the tracks.

I may be missing the point here – so let me know!!

djsurfjunkie
    Participant

Thanks for answering.. If I have one of my user lists pulled up, ex.”dance party” while useing Dex3 and search and add a song to it and then exit out of the program should it save the added song to the existing list in my folder C:\Users\surfj\OneDrive\Documents\PCDJ-DEX3\Playlists\dance party without actually having to export the whole playlist to this folder again.. Thank you

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Sorry, still confused! In DEX 3 all playlists etc SAVE to the internal database. The ‘database’ file located in Documents -> PCDJ-DEX3 -> Database.

All playlists, the physical database list and any folders contents you ever open (to view once) in DEX 3 save to the internal ‘database’ file. There is no ‘playlists’ folder anymore – that was last used in DEX 3.3 I believe (maybe even earlier).

Playlists should still always display as soon as you open the software – exactly how they were before you properly shut down DEX 3.

If you want to move playlists to another machine as an M3U playlist file you can indeed right click -> export playlist.

Let me know if this helps – or not!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.