Back to Karaoki Support Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

jsaonpaul32
    Participant

ok so i work at a bar in texas and we use the Karaoki program. have not had any real issues until we updated the last round of updates when it took out alost 5,000 songs and added 7,000 songs with no lyrics. i guess my main question is why were the song with no lyrics added. it is kind of pointless to add songs with no lyrics and take all the other ones out. The thing is though with having the subscription it has always added songs and taken them out. which i never understood why. if anone has any anwsers it would be greatly appreciated. thanks!!!

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Hello Jason,

A notification was sent out regarding this matter. You can view it here:

Digitrax figured the backing tracks would be useful for some, as often singers (regulars to karaoke anyway) know the lyrics without the on-screen scroll. Many tracks with “no lyrics” are also on the karaoke no-fly list – so they wouldn’t be able to be supplied in Karaoke format at all right now (by any manufacturer). We also have many solo artists that use Karaoki and Cloud Pro to perform with – so they can use the backing tracks without lyrics.

We (as in PCDJ, not Digitrax) have also figured out a method to let users download lyrics online into Karaoki from various online sites with LRC file downloads. Since this will be a manual operation (the KJ will have to click “fetch lyrics online” for the engine to go out and find the lrc files for the backing tracks) the usual synch licensing doesn’t apply. This will make the 7000 or so backing tracks more useful as karaoke tracks (will have lyrics that highlight with the music, on time – but not a traditional ‘scroll’).

This option should be available in a coming beta release of Karaoki.

Please let us know if you have any further questions!

jsaonpaul32
    Participant

Hey Ryan, thanks for getting back to me. The last week was a fairly decent week even with the shortened listen. Is there any update on a time table for how long the music will be unavailable? If you have sent updates out, the program is registered to the former GM’s email that we do not have access to. How difficult would it be to change the email address or would we need to setup a new subscription? Thanks for all your help and have a good one!!

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Hello Jason,

Digitrax hasn’t provided any timetable yet, no. I don’t think there will be anything specific, as I understand the hold up is that Sony is currently knee deep in lawsuits with other manufacturers. Once those legal matters are resolved they should open up a renewal of the license for their content. So it’s a waiting game.

They do have another few hundred non-Sony/EMI songs they are working to clear right now. As noted, we also found a way to pull down LRC files from various public websites for the backing tracks – effectively turning them into Karaoke songs. We hope to have this update for Karaoki out soon!

If you want to change the email on the account I can see about that. I know it’s tied to a paypal billing profile so it may not be easy – but send me an email with the current email and the one you want it changed to: rsherr (@) PCDJ (Dot) Com.

Thanks!

jsaonpaul32
    Participant

Hey Ryan,
    Ok, no problem i will have my GM send the emails to you so we can get that taken care of. I appreciate all your help with everything. Have a good one!!

jsaonpaul32
    Participant

Hi Ryan, I wanted to touch base with you and see if there have been any updates on the renewal. I noticed that some of the songs have been put back in the list so i hope that was a good sign that it is close or has been approved. I also wanted to ask you about an issue i have been having when it comes to downloading the music updates. For some reason it doesn’t download all the songs. this is also after multiple attempts to download the songs. Is this maybe a bad file issue?? maybe something with the hardware I’m using?? That is the only issue i have had since the switch. Hope you have a good one and thanks for the help.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Hello Jason,

I haven’t had any updates on the status of the Sony/EMI catalogs from Digitrax. I know they are indeed working on it, as well as securing some other catalogs from other labels.

There is an issue with a couple hundred tracks on the platform. It has to do with how they are labeled – they are downloading, but not turning into blue Ks.

Normally, KCP files have a “space” right before the .cbk extension – and the files now showing as blue Ks have no space. It was a simple error on the uploader’s part. We have found a way to fix it in Karaoki however, so we’ll have a patch out soon (along with some other nice surprises – especially for KCP subscribers).

jsaonpaul32
    Participant

Hey Ryan,
    is there a way to get a copy of the updated Karaoki song list? We are making new song books and wanted to get the most updated list. I thought i remembered seeing a link at one point, but i haven’t been able to find it since. Any help you could give would be great thanks for your help.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

You can easily make your own song book from the KCP song list directly from Karaoki – see here:

Really simple process!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.