Back to General PCDJ Discussions
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

DJ-cyberlegend
    Participant

Back after an extended leave due to work and peraonal issuea…

Anyway, I finally had a chance to play around with Dex 3 this past weekend as my gift ro my nephew for his high school graduation party (where does the time go?), and it worked flawlessly with my DP2…

I downloaded a few different skins posted here last night, I like the Cue Hue skin but would like to change the color of the loop button and I can’t get it to load in the Skin Designer program to edit it and I can’t find the line in the XML file for it. Any way someone can tell me where it is?

Thanks…

Larry
    Retired Mod

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Hey Cyber! Good to see you around these parts…

The XML for any skin should reside in the same DEX 3 skins folder. User created skins should be stored in Documents -> PCDJ-DEX3 -> Skins. You should find both the PNG image for the skin and the XML in that folder (if that’s where you extracted them to).

If you’re using an older version of DEX 3 (we’re on version 3.8 now), and the cue hue skin came pre-installed, it would be located in Program files (x86) -> PCDJ -> DEX3 -> Skins. Make sure you’re opening the XML for the resolution of your display as well – as you will need to edit that skin/resolution specifically.

I hope that helps!

DJ-cyberlegend
    Participant

Hi Ryan – good to be back!

Yes – I’ve already updated to 3.8 and was able to open the XML skin file in Notepad, just can’t find the line in the XML file that assigns colors to the buttons, so I was wondering if anyone could point me to the right part of the XML file so I can change the color of the loop buttons…

I’ll give it another look when I get home…

Larry
    Retired Mod

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Actually, you need to edit the IMAGE file to change colors for buttons. If you open the PNG for the image file in a photo editing app you will see that each image file has both up and down states for buttons. If you edit the button color there you won’t even need to update the XML. Change the button color, save, and you’re done.

DJ-cyberlegend
    Participant

Hi Ryan,

The only PNG images I see in the DEX3->skins folder are the bodies of the skins themselves, when I open them in Paint, all the buttons are grayscale – the only colored items are the jog wheels and effect dials, I can’t find the button images – I looked in the images folder and all that’s there are the loading, saving, trial load, trial ended, and Pulselocker images…

Just for the hell of it I took a glance in the Dex 2 skins folder and found those arranged with a separate PNG image and XML file for each resolution, I see that Dex 3 has one XML file that supports multiple resolutions by calling up a PNG image for that resolution, am I missing something?

Larry

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.