Back to DEX 3 RE Support Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

signaturesounds
    Participant

I had issues this weekend at a wedding with the search function not finding much of anything.. we run a external hdd so in a time spot where I could I deleted the files in he my doc/pcdj folder and then re added the folder from this hdd.. it spent the 20 or so minutes adding the subfolders in.. to find I have the same issue.. any other ideas? I know I need to install the latest update of pcdj but thought Id bounce this issue in here as well..

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Hello,

As long as the files were added entirely (meaning when you import into the DB for example you will want to scroll to the bottom of the list to make sure it’s done importing before shutting down – you will see songs rapidly piling in from the bottom of the list as DEX 3 RE adds in the tags and puts them into the search cache). Once that’s done all your files should indeed be instantly searchable.

If you’re using karaoke files you may need to go into options and tick the box under the general tab for ‘search in the middle of words’. Otherwise it should work just fine.

Please let me know!

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

You also definitely want to grab the DEX 3 RE 3.6.1 update we posted a couple days ago – you can always download the latest public update here:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.