Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dwaynebmw
    Participant

Could someone please tell me why the LEARN function on PCDJ Dex2 does not allow you to assign the pitch adjustment controls to a PC keyboard? Is there a quick fix around this?

For example, on deck 1, I want to assign the PITCH UP (+) to a letter on my PC keyboard and the PITCH down (-) to another letter. When I press LEARN, and press the letter on the keyboard, it seems to take the assignment. But during the operation of the deck, I press the letter… and nothing happens. Does not even show its showing I pressed it. Like the key was never programmed through the learn function. Is this a bug in the software?

Thanks.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Hello,

Correct, pitch bend isn’t currently supported with the keyboard and learn – there are various reasons for this, but mainly due to the incremental nature of pitch bend.

Please also update to DEX 3. It has replaced DEX 2 (about a year and a half ago) and is a free upgrade for DEX 2 customers. Simply download and install the DEX 3 demo to the same machine DEX 2 is already activated on. While it will not overwrite DEX 2, it will pick up DEX 2’s activation so it will open up in full-version mode – ready to use.

It may allow for mapping the pitch bend buttons to keyboard shortcuts with learn, but I’m honestly not 100% on this!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.