Back to DEX 3 Support Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

steveloaf
    Participant

I have this issue with my Numark Mixdeck Quad on Dex3 and Dex 2 but not on other mixing software. The crossfader works backwards and the left channel cuts off when the slider is pushed all of the way left. Can’t seem to find where the issue has been addressed so I posted it and sorry if it’s been covered.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Are you sure there’s not a hamster switch on the controller, maybe on the front (facing you)? A hamster switch will reverse the crossfader, for scratching purposes. I haven’t had anyone bring this up so I’m thinking this may be the case! Please let us know.

steveloaf
    Participant

It has a switch but that isn’t the issue. You can reverse the switch so it technically works right though it’s actually backwards but when you do that the very left side of the crossfader cuts out completely when pushed all of the way to the left deck. I saw on another forum where someone else had the issue but nobody gave him an answer. I have tried it on different computers and on Windows 8 as well as 10. Does the same thing each time.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

OK, found the issue! Please download an updated (fixed) Mixdeck Quad script: http://www.pcdj.com/downloads/djcontrollers/Numark__MixDeck_Quad.zip

You want to unzip JUST the .JS file in the zip – and place that file in Program Files (x86) -> PCDJ -> DEX3 -> Controllers. REPLACE the existing file in the folder with the new file.

Now relaunch DEX 3 and see if it’s fixed!

steveloaf
    Participant

PERFECT! That was it! Thanks a bunch!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.