Back to Karaoki Support Forum
Viewing 85 posts - 1 through 85 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    jpmichel
    jpmichel
    Participant

I have a couple of suggestions that I think would make Karaoki an even better and more comprehensive karaoke hosting software. Please feel free to pitch in with feedback or additional suggestions.

1) Adding a Wave-Form window to Karaoki (both for karaoke and BGM tracks):
    Ok, so often times either a Karaoke or BGM track will have silence in either the beginning or end of a track, or both. Of course, for starting karaoke tracks this is not a problem, as the software makes it so the BGM will only fade out once the karaoke track music is detected. However, the first issue is that many karaoke tracks have an “audio spec” or any kind of minor sound in the track that fools the software into thinking the track has begun, so the BGM fades-out and I am left with dead air.
    Now secondly, and more importantly, when a karaoke track ends, and the BGM track is the one with some silence, or even just a slow/quiet start, I am often left with dead air that I have to fill with chatter until the BGM track comes on (and I can’t even see when it will).
    I believe if we have a wave-form window option in Karaoki (for both karaoke and BGM tracks) that would solve the problem AND give us much more control over where each track begins!

2) Adding “track length” and “total queue duration” fields on the Karaoki interface:
    So first off, I would def like to be able to see the duration of each track (both in search and on the rotation list). And second, I would love to be able to see the total duration of all tracks on rotation queue. This would immensely improve my ability to accurately estimate how many more tracks I can take on my queue (and how long to leave BGM music playing between karaoke tracks) before I just out of time.

Please share your opinions, feedback and suggestions 🙂

Pops
    Participant

Alan, I have a suggestion regarding the Singer Data list and the Singer/Song History List. Currently these lists display a single field (Song) which contains both the Artist and the Title, separated by a hyphen. I would like to see that single field split into two separate fields, one for the Artist and another for the Title. It would make finding and selecting a song much easier and faster. It would also be great if there was an option to select which fields are displayed.

Thanks for all you do!

hnguyen6745
    Participant

HI Alan,

I am not a user of PCDJ Karaoki yet but I really love your software and the interface. Unfortunately, it does not support playback of all my karaoke material yet. All my karaoke material are either VOB or MPG file with dual audio track ripped from DVD. Usually the first track carries the vocal with the artist performing while the second track carries the karoake without the artist’s vocal. So by default, when my song is selected in PCDJ Karaoke, it always play the track with the artist performing the vocal. It think it will be awesome if you can add a button to toggle the audio track selection and have a configuration to select the default audio track when there is more than 1 audio tack.

If you implement this feature, I am willing to pay $179 (that’s how much Compu Host charges) for your copy and will be more than advertise your software to a lot of people in the Asian communities because that’s what most of our content are, DVD Karaoke.

I find it odd that none of the karaoke hosting solution out there support this feature.

Thanks,
    HIep Nguyen

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Hi HIep Nguyen,
    Karaoki deferentially supports dual audio tracks in MP4 files (codecs must be installed first) but in not vob. Maybe you should convert your vob files to MP4

When karaoki detects dual tracks it will display two small buttons (Labeled 1 and 2) above the Karaoki deck volume control, on the MP4’s I have here the standard karaoke playback (instrumental) is on track 1 and the and the version with the vocals is on track 2. You will need to be using the standard ‘Orange’ skin to see the buttons and they are only visible if the video track has dual tracks.

Alan

Cash
    Participant

I have tried a lot of karaoke software demos over the last few weeks. I have settled on PCDJ Karaoki because I like the interface and the ability to integrate online digital song books(Songbook Db, and KaraoQ).

I did find a feature in other companies software that I like that are not included, or at least not obvious to me in the Karaoki SW.

1. User defined options for Jingles, etc that allow you to assign sound files to be played automatically, great for adding sound effects, applause sound files, cheers and even fill music (Sax n Dotty)

IS there a way to do this that I am just not aware of? If not, it would be a cool feature!
    Thanks,
    Scott

StarMan
    Participant

Hi Alan,

Here are a few features that I would for you to consider:

1) A key board shortcut to be able to fade out the Karaoke track playing (there is a deck button on screen for this!).

2) A button on the player (in the blank space) for Cue-play. Numerous times singers are ready to sing, you start the song and then decide they are not ready and ask “can you start it again?”. One button to cue the track back to the start and play instantly would be a great help. Same again can you please implement a keyboard shortcut for this also.

The reason for the keyboard shortcut requests is because I use a programable USB keyboard instead of using a mouse for control as it’s faster and easier and more professional..

Thank you Alan please let me know what you think of my requests to improve this superb software.

No doubt there are other KJ’s that use the same as me or would find this really useful!!!

Werner Benz 2
    Participant

integrate the necessary codecs in Karaoki
    that no K-lite codecpak needs more !!!

PaulChar
    Participant

Hi I just have one thing on my wish list and that is the provision to play music videos in the Background music case with of course the singers Queue list overlaid, I think that would be a really cool feature.
    Thanx Guys

Lew916
    Participant

Two things I would like to see. One is some kind of a ticker tape or line at bottom of singer screen showing who the next few people up to sing while they are singing a song. The other is search as you type.

Chas
    Participant

Alan, thanks for the opportunity to submit suggestions! As I mostly use Karaoki for performances, there are two suggestions that can help:
    1. Make it so that the field size can be sized to the user’s needs; i.e. being able to change the size of the Preview Screen by dragging a margin line.
    2. Ability to save songs to Singer Data without having to load all of singer’s existing songs – then loading new songs – then saving Show As; i.e. a more user friendly way to add new songs, creating a running file of all singer’s songs.

Gaffrig24
    Participant

Support for music videos would be great. Instead of background filler music put some videos on the screen. If there was a way to maybe scroll the next singers up at the bottom of the screen that would be even better.

jpmichel
    jpmichel
    Participant

Hi Alan,
    Just wanted to follow up on my requests whether they can be added to upcoming versions. Especially the 2nd suggestion about showing track times both on search and rotation screen as well as total rotation time. That would be IMMENSELY useful.

Cheers
    JP

Big Als Karaoke
    Participant

Hi Alan,

My suggestion is that the Box for Singers Listing is made bigger and also the box that displays Search results is also made bigger if possible made a complete column for both this would improve the Viewing,

Regards Alan Spragg

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Alan, you need to try the new Karaoki beta!

You have a new “search results” tab on the left. This makes the entire MIDDLE Section of the Karaoki browser for search results – and expands the rotation list the entire right hand side of the browser. So this is probably what you’re looking for!

You can download the new beta in Karaoki and try this now. Open Karaoki, click options -> utilities -> check for update. Install the “beta bug fixes” – and you’ll get the new “search results” tab on the left hand side of the Karaoki browser. Click that to see the new search view.

There’s more information about this new feature HERE

Here’s the video overview that shows you how the new search features work:

Enjoy!

dftweedie
    Participant
      Track Edit Feature in the Search Results.

I often find errors/ issues in listings in the Search Results. I wish I could have the option to Edit them there instead of having to go the the case and scroll to find the song.

Since the Search Result must reference back to the file in the database (or else, how could it find it for dragging to play?), I can’t see why this couldn’t be implemented.

It would be a great time saver.

DF

jpmichel
    jpmichel
    Participant

Hi Alan,

I’ve encountered 3 new issues that I hope you can help with:

1) When I search for a track that I don’t have and the search results show the ones I can purchase… whenever I click on “Purchase Track” i get the error message “Sorry, Unable to find track price data on server”. Can’t really purchase a track without a price..

2) Very often when I use Video Karaoke files, the files go out of sync only on Karaoki (even though they are properly sync’d on other video software.

3) I can’t seem to be able to use the “Graphics Offset” options to fix this… The video just goes completely out of sync

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Thanks jpmichel (although, wrong thread! 🙂 )

To take those items one at a time:

“1) When I search for a track that I don’t have and the search results show the ones I can purchase… whenever I click on “Purchase Track” i get the error message “Sorry, Unable to find track price data on server”. Can’t really purchase a track without a price..”

If these are SAT songs, that’s why. Unless you’re located in the UK specifically, right now you can’t purchase any tracks from SAT elsewhere (although soon you will be able to in the rest of EU). The SAT results actually shouldn’t be showing up at ALL, but that’s a bug in the current beta that will be resolved soon. The songs with KC next to them should be purchasable still.

Due to the recent crack down on selling tracks from manufacturers outside of the US into the US, SAT (select a track) can no longer sell songs into the US legally. A couple other sites, including a very popular Canadian based site, are now geo-blocking the USA too. Karaoke licensing in the USA is a nutty thing…

“2) Very often when I use Video Karaoke files, the files go out of sync only on Karaoki (even though they are properly sync’d on other video software.”

Since you have to utilize third-party codecs in order for Karaoki to play videos at all (we have no native support for videos in Karaoki at this time), this is likely codec related. You can try installing the mega codec pack here and see if Karaoki plays the videos after efficiently: http://www.pcdj.com/karaoke-video-codec-pack/

3) I can’t seem to be able to use the “Graphics Offset” options to fix this… The video just goes completely out of sync

Correct, since with video files the video/audio are connected the graphics offset won’t work correctly – CDG technology is a bit different. But this is something we should look into nonetheless!

dftweedie
    Participant

Feature Question/ Suggestion

Can Karaoki access a CD&G disc directly without having to scan the drive?

People often show up with their own CD&G media and want me to play it.

DF

jpmichel
    jpmichel
    Participant

Thanks for the reply, Alan.

1) Well, I’m glad I see the tracks, actually, and would appreciate it if you DON’T remove that, simply because it tells me whether or not that track IS available in karaoke form somewhere, and that way I can at least search for it and try to purchase it, rather than settle for a crappy youtube video version.
    I live in Dubai, UAE, so not sure if I’ll ever be able to make an in-program purchase, but at least I know it is available somewhere.

2) I’ll give that a try and hopefully it helps fix the problem. However, is there any time frame as to when Karaoki will natively support videos?

Lastly, regarding my original suggestions on the thread (especially the “track time” and “rotation time” ones), could that be implemented in a coming version of the software? It would IMMENSELY improve my KJing experience, as I play in a couple of venues that have VERY strict schedules, where I am supposed to finish exactly at a certain time so the DJ will take over… and not knowing how long each track is and/or the length of the remaining tracks in rotation means I am never sure how many more singers I can take and how much BGM I should play in between singers..

Thanks
    JP

reverentx
    Participant

whys is it not possible from singer data to add single track to playlist or choose some files an add them to playlist seperated so you have a chance to order them as you like to sing the songs.? (drag & drop)
    you can only add all songs, in rotation, you have no chance to re order them- so you can to sing in other order.
    the small x at the right is impossible to see!!!!
    please do something about this espicialy for the DJ who need to start the evening.

best regards
    flemming Madsen

ps sorry for my bad english

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

reverentx – thanks for the feedback, although I am a bit confused.

In singer data, you can right click and “uncheck all” if you select all. And you can then easily just put a tick in the box for each song you want to send to rotation, and re-order the tracks there too. To re-order just drag and drop to rearrange in the singer data screen.

I think I may be missing something?

jocarbo
    jocarbo
    Participant

As it is now, the singer has to be in the Rotation List and when the song is sung (20 sec?) then it’s added to the Singers List. I would like the ability to add tracks directly to the Singer Data List from any of the Cases I have and from History as well. I have repeat attendees at every show I host (actually, a monthly Seniors Community Sing Fest) and their lists are usually longer than the time allows for them to sing them all. I would then be able to put the songs in their respective lists and they would have the choice of singing a song they didn’t get to sing at previous shows. Maybe a bit of this is what reverentx is looking for as well.?.? In addition, sure would LOVE to have built in codecs for my mp4’s. I’m not sure if you could cover all the different strains but I also have some Asian & European mp4s too. Thanks for a super product and the courtesy of listening to your customers for suggestions.

Pops
    Participant

The ability to print and/or export the Singer Data and the Singer/Song History would be awesome.

jocarbo
    jocarbo
    Participant

Pops, Singer Data is printable. Right click on the singer and the option to print is there. I’ve used it a number of times.

reverentx
    Participant

1. Drag and drop fro singer data to queed songs
    2 singer seperated songs Instead of one so it easyere to Place move songs in que
    3 scrolling advertisment includes images eksample for Bar offers for beer drinks when playing background music

Best regards
    Flemming

The system works great
    Inclusive auto karaoke
    Great futures
    My users liked karaoki system a lot!

Keep up the good work!

JCHINCK
    Participant

Simply put…..the ability to cast to your second screen would be very cool. No more wires

jocarbo
    jocarbo
    Participant

To expand JCHINCK’s wish a bit, the ability to cast the audio to a separate source as well. 🙂 .

dftweedie
    Participant

I’d like an easier way to reorder a singer’s song list. Something like a ‘move to top’ and a ‘move up one’ feature in the menu at the bottom of a page. Drop and drag seems to only work for what is visible in the current screenshot and you have to drag a song repeatedly to move it up the singer’s list.

Also, how do you change the rotation order? I try dragging and dropping the singers in the left side panel of the singer’s list, but that doesn’t seem to work.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

“cast to your second screen”

Using what exactly? I know with chrome cast it would result in sync issues – especially if you’re trying to broadcast the audio from your laptop directly but using the cast for just video – it would result in about 2 second delay between the two.

Check out this blog post from a user on how he wirelessly transmits the video from Karaoki:

That solution surprisingly seems to work well for broadcasting the singers display!

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

dftweedie – you said:

“Also, how do you change the rotation order? I try dragging and dropping the singers in the left side panel of the singer’s list, but that doesn’t seem to work.”

Drag and drop to re-arrange singers in the rotation list should definitely work just fine. Not from “singer data”, but directly in the rotation list. Make sure you’re using “fixed rotation” now as well (we’re going to be removing the old “list mode” soon and creating a different version of Karaoki for hobbyists and solo artists from it).

To be sure you’re in fixed mode – right click in the rotation list and select “rotation options” – select FIXED.

If you still can’t drag and drop to re-order singers in the rotation list please let me know! That wouldn’t be ‘normal’.

Also, when you are in the singer data screen for any singer you can right click on any song in their queue or history and choose to “move to top” or “move to bottom” etc. You can also just put a tick in the box for any songs you want to immediately send from history to rotation – and re-order songs any way you please in the singer data screen too.

What build are you using??

dftweedie
    Participant

Ryan … another RBFM fail … sorry. Looking in the wrong place for changing the rotation order..

However, it would be nice in the Singer’s Song List to include ‘Move To Top’ in context menu. It would also be good that it automatically ticks the square regardless of it’s state prior to being moved so a singer can instantly change their pending song and it’s easy for the KJ.

I see move up one and move to bottom only in context menu.

I am on the latest version I believe … ending in something like 0358. Speaking of checking the version, I see it only on the opening splash screen. Is there somewhere to check it once the program is up? Can’t find that.

dftweedie
    Participant

Ryan … I guess I need to make sure the entire dialog box is being displayed. I now see that the ‘Move To Top’ and ‘Move Down’ are also there.

I’m feelin’ pretty embarrassed … Sorry!

jpmichel
    jpmichel
    Participant

Hi Ryan,

Can you please add a quick “fade-out” button to the BGM controls, for those times when a BGM track starts playing that just doesn’t fit the current crowd mood? Thanks.

Also, would it be possible to have the “shuffle” button only do a temporary randomized shuffle, then if clicked again return the list to the original order? (of course, if clicked a 3rd time it would do a different randomized shuffle, and again bring back to original order on 4th click…etc)

Cheers
    JP

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

dftweedie – no sweat! Just glad you figured it out 🙂

Keep the suggestions going guys. I may not reply to you directly on your suggestion, but that doesn’t mean it’s not being considered etc. Some good, thoughtful stuff so far!

dftweedie
    Participant

KaraoQuest is a blast! I guess users will have to live with the slow load time and adware.

But it got me thinking about ‘remote.’ It would be nice to keep your main laptop far from harms way. An ios remote control app for an iPad could do this. Android too.

Feasible?

dftweedie
    Participant

How about a simple 3 band parametric eq on the output? My PA takes my Karaoki audio as aux input and there are no eq controls for that audio.

dftweedie
    Participant

I’m not sure how many characters are permitted in the ‘Ticker,’ but I keep coming up against the limit. What I’d like to see:

1. Many more characters for longer messages.
    2. Ability to save different messages with save and load features.
    3 Ability to use different fonts, bold, underline and text sizes.

dftweedie
    Participant

Volume Fader Metering in Karaoki.

Since not all karaoki tracks are mastered to the same level, it is handy to have a convenient way to adjust the audio output levels right from the player. However, unless I am missing something the adjustment is ‘blind’ other than relative position of the slider.

1. I’d like a read out of dB level.
    2. I’d like to be able to Cntrl + left click to reset the fader level to either 0dB or -6dB.
    3. It would be ‘awesome’ if similarly to how you can lock a pitch change to a song in the singer’s play list, you could lock a fader setting of the volume to the audio of a song.

dftweedie
    Participant

BGM with streaming audio.

I have the Tidal service for audio … and I’m sure others have similar subscriptions.

I wish that there was an option in BGM to send streaming audio when it is engaged.

Kevspilly
    Participant

An auto volume would be great for playing MP3-G tracks especially if it could cope with Zipped files as well. Of course you can use MP3 gain to level any MP3’s but that would mean I’d have to unzip all my older tracks as then hard space was at a premium so I zipped all mine at that time.

Lew916
    Participant

Her’s an glitch that’s been around for some time. When i enter the names Paul, Paula, or Susan in the pick singer box after searching for a song, the names are not there next time the singer box comes up. Other names are ok such as Bruce or Jacque which also have a ‘u’ in them. Sometimes when I change the order of singers and move one ahead on the next singer list, other one of those three names, gets randomly dropped offf the next singer list list. I have resorted ot using initails for those three names.This is in the non rotation form adding one song at a time to the next singer list.

brianschicago
    Participant

I’m not sure if this has been suggested, but when adding a song to a singer, it would be nice to just right click and add to the queue instead of drag and drop. Maybe the right click menu could display “Add New” and also have a list of names already in the queue.

Lew916
    Participant

The singer name disappearing isn’t a feature to be added. it’s something that unexpectedly happens. I have to be careful those singers don’t get skipped over. Their songs appear in the history normally under their name after they sing though. The software just doesn’t seem to like those three names. Sometimes I might agree, but that’s another story.

bertiepr
    Blocked

A native player capable to play ALL my mp4 tracks. At this moment the performance of the player is a disaster.

kickasskaraoki
    Participant

Suggest being able to type in a singers name and have it recall every song that singer has song. I realize their is a history file but it’s awkward to have to scroll through everyones name to find the songs they’ve sung. Thanks

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Thanks kickasskaraoki – however, if the singer is already part of the show, when you add a song to rotation and select their name it will bring them and their history back into rotation (then if you double-click their name in rotation it will show all their previous history as well).

I suppose you probably mean scrolling down the list of singers to select their specific name when you drag a song to rotation is cumbersome? You can sort by A-Z to make it easier to locate them quickly/alphabetically, That list can likely get pretty long though!

spinndoctors
    Participant

Jamtext

bertiepr
    Blocked

Waiting for news…

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

spinndoctor – JammText (new 1.1 release) should already work great alongside of Karaoki (and DEX 3) right now. We’ve tested with both. The new karaoke mode makes sure the banners only show up across the bottom of the screen. too.

Were you having an issue running it alongside Karaoki? We’re not an affiliate of JammText we liked it so much – our page is up here: http://www.pcdj.com/jammtext/

We are expecting a new Karaoki beta today/tomorrow as well!

jpmichel
    jpmichel
    Participant

Alan,

can you make a localized mini/simplistic version of Jammtext on Karaoki?

As in for example:
    1- Rotating Background Images from a folder, rather than just one static image
    2- Scrolling text box at bottom of karaoke screen (screen 2) that rotates between 1 or more messages controlled by the KJ
    3- Maybe have the background images support GIF files for a more animated effect

Thank you

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

JpMichael – we already have a slide show feature well under way, and animated gifs will be part of it (not sure about displaying behind the next singers display but we’ve talked about it)

Jammtext is more about the social interaction – texting picture, images to screen to show live with everyone. Not quite the same thing,

To be clear on this — Jammtext is NOT a PCDJ product, we are simply affiliates since we truly loved playing with the software so much and can see how our customers would reap the benefits. It’s a lot of fun for the audience.

bertiepr
    Blocked

New beta? When?

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Looking like tomorrow or Monday – Alan’s been working hard to get a new version out with some bug fixes and a couple new features.

jpmichel
    jpmichel
    Participant

Heya Ryan,

Any news on the “Track Duration” and “Total Queue Duration” suggestions I made before?
    This is really really important, and I believe it shouldn’t be very difficult to implement…

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

No JP, while I understand you want these functions, and I can see how they would be useful, we have not had any time to look at adding them (while they may also appear ‘easy’ they aren’t, that’s almost never the case!).

Right now it’s all about priorities – and your request hasn’t been made (to my knowledge anyway) by any other customers. I don’t think it’s ‘really really’ important for most Karaoki customers, to be blunt. Although it’s one of those things that they will likely enjoy once we can look into it!

The focus right now is on bug fixes, LRC file support for Karaoke Cloud Pro (allowing the 7500 backing tracks to display lyrics on screen) and a couple other things that are more performance related. We should have the beta early this week (possibly today, haven’t checked in with development yet this morning).

bertiepr
    Blocked

A sampler player for applauses, crickets, etc… would be great. There is enough room in the player area.

The new beta was supposed to be ready by oct 15. Still waiting…

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Yes, agreed – although technically it would be more of a ‘jingle player’ than a traditional sampler – we have this on our list.

There has been some pretty big changes to development plans in the last week, but it will benefit Karaoki. Let’s say we’re going to have more time to focus on core functionality specific to Karaoki now instead of being spread thin with a few other side projects. We plan to have a beta in the next few days, finally.

Jezza
    Participant

Is there a way of having a section that displays notes about the song to talk about to the audience to make it more interesting. At the moment when I perform solo I have to refer to my ipad for notes on each song.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Thanks Jezza, that’s an interesting request. I do not recall is being asked for previously. I suppose you can put a really short note in the GENRE field in Karaoki. Right click on the song in the case and choose to edit track. You can put in a note there, Not likely what you want, though!

jpmichel
    jpmichel
    Participant

That’s a GREAT idea, Jezza! I love it!
    Ryan, there should be a way to add it as some other Meta Data information, and have it show on Karaoki. If can be used for a million things, including what Jezza said, and sometimes I have notes about different tracks or different versions of tracks (like one being the full version, and the other being a cut-down without intro or outro…etc). That would be BRILLIANT!

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Cool, I could see how that would be useful. Karaoki customers are using the rarely populated “genre” field for things like song version, for now.

bertiepr
    Blocked

Triple like the idea of a field for comments…

I see a few of the suggestions I was going to add here are already posted, I’ll post what I would love to see and second the motions of others above:

1. Duration of songs both in search fields and in singer list with an estimated total song time for entire list (3.20 being the standard estimate if no song has been chosen yet)

2. Singer song lists split into artist and song name fields that can auto sort alphabetically for quicker song finds

3. The ability in the BGM to make cases to have different playlists for different crowds instead of searching the entire list.

4. To have the singers list displayed with a numerical order, so when someone comes up and asks how long till they sing, I can give a quick glance and say you’re up in 11 songs kinda thing.

If these are things already there and I just haven’t set it up properly i’d be glad to know how, and if not, I’d just like to add that I think these would make my shows way smoother! I have 5 shows a week and cater to 25-40 singers each night, so it would be crazy helpful!! Thanks!!

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Some good stuff there! Can you further explain number 2 however? You mean in the singers singer-data screen?

Also, you can create and save multiple background music cases (you don’t want BGM cases more then about 300 tracks each – so they should be created/saved as playlists). Info and video here: http://www.pcdj.com/karaoke-software-tips-creating-and-saving-multiple-background-music-cases/

Yes the singer data screen. thanks for the link for BGM playlists! Is there a way to export the singer data from my karaoki and import the information to a second computer running karaoki?

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Yes indeed, here’s how to transfer all Karaoki data: http://www.pcdj.com/karaoki-transferring-all-data/

ahhh!!! Thank you!!

jpmichel
    jpmichel
    Participant

heh.. finally someone seconded my 10-month old request for “track” and “queue” durations. I don’t get how people don’t find this to be important.. it basically tells you how long each track is, both in search and on queue (especially when you have multiple versions of a song, and want to either pick a shorter or a full-length version of the song), and then how much time is left on the the current queue to know whether or not you have time to squeeze in any more tracks!
    Those would make my life and CRAPLOAD easier for every show!
    Not to mention the data is already readily available on the track metadata… just a matter of displaying it, and then adding it for the “Total Queue Duration” part…

Also, Twisted Sister’s “Singer Numerical Order” idea if AWESOME! Whenever someone asks me how long it’ll be before they sing, right now, I have to literally count them down one by one so I can tell them!

jpmichel
    jpmichel
    Participant

also… where is the new beta??

Some additions to my above suggestions just for clarity, singer data screen: if there is a way this could as I said have a separate column for artist and a different column for song title with the ability to auto sort alphabetically in either column so when someone only knows the name of the song but can’t remember the artist and they have 60 songs in their list, I can easily find them.

Again, song duration is huge for me. To have each song in search and in the queue so we can see how long songs are, we know an approximate total song time for the singer list we have, and can be clear at the end of shoes who and how many songs will be played. Nothing ticks off bar staff more than me telling them 2 more songs and my singers go and pick 7 min songs each. There could be a built in estimated 3min 20 sec for any singer that hasn’t picked a song yet to keep the running total accurate. Having the singer list in numerical order as I had said before gives us the option to say 4 more songs and your up and then we can even throw in, so in about 14 minutes!

dftweedie
    Participant

I’m also strongly in favor of these suggestions on adding time and making the singer window have song title and artist sortable in ascending/ descending alphabetical order.

And, yes. the new beta?

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

In order to get track duration there would have to be some type of batch scan. Unlike what some of you have suggest, Karaoke tracks rarely if EVER have metadata. Remember, due to the popularity of zip files no one actually uses “tags” for their karaoke tracks – everything is file-name based. This includes songs you buy from most of the popular karaoke downloads sites like http://www.karaoke.net. MP4 files are a different story, since they abide by standard id3tag conventions.

Curious how you have concluded your files do have duration in the meta data? What did you use to apply this?

Not saying it can’t be done with some type of local scan, but that won’t be an easy add by any means.

Have you seen track duration populate in ANY standard karaoke software? Just curious!

We’re still wrapping up a new beta with loads of fixes, and KaraoQ support (Which admittedly has taking loads more effort than anticipated — good thing we think it’s going to be a huge hit!). I THINK we’re looking at next week, but it all depends on tomorrow’s pow-wow with the KaraoQ crew – some last minute niggles we’re trying to address.

I don’t think you’ll see a ton of other ‘new’ stuff in the beta, it’s primarily bug fixes, KaraoQ support and a couple other feature tweaks. After KaraoQ support is launched we can start digging into this request list further – and I’m sure Alan will have many questions for you all!

jpmichel
    jpmichel
    Participant

You have a point on the ZIP files. I hadn’t taken that into consideration. However, it IS quite an important feature, as I’ve explained before. I often have another entertainer coming after me in my shows, and need to finish by a certain time. As it is now, I always have to “wing-it” and just hope the songs chosen that i’m not familiar with are not 7 minutes long..

And yes, I know for sure that the Karafun player shows track duration, as well as every DJ software that supports karaoke, of course…

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Karafun uses their own tagging system and properitary MP4 files, which have metadata. All DJ software uses tags too, but also have a way to Scan for duration and beat grid. Again, we’d have to have wright the track duration back to the db after calculation much in the same way. Def not impossible, but not the simplest of things either. It should be in the wishlist.

jpmichel
    jpmichel
    Participant

Not really sure how Karafun does it from a technical stand-point, but I know that all tracks on there (whether mp3+cdg or mp4) have the track duration on them.

I understand it might not be simple (especially with the ZIP files), but yeah, I do believe it is quite an important addition, along with the track numbers in queue (which I’m hoping should be an easy one).

I’m just hoping the wishlist doesn’t mean I have to wait another year until it actually gets put in HAHA.

But yeah, thanks for the feedback, and hope we can get our hands on that new beta soon. a lot of my gigs are on hiatus for the holidays, so now would be the perfect time to download and try-out a new beta, without worrying too much that I might have anything disastrous happen during a show 😉

I’m still using pcdj_karaoki_setup_0.8.5872… so I’m thinking there might be a LOT to get used to, as well..

jpmichel
    jpmichel
    Participant

umm.. any updates or new beta releases..?

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

It’s still Friday 😉 Alan is working hard to get it out today, but it may be posted sometime this weekend. I think he’ll be posting the build link directly on the forum as he has for beta’s previously.

TheWarrior97
    Participant

I would like to have a quick library update feature. I periodically add songs to the folder on my computer in the same format with the same labeling format. Rather than go through scan folder, pick folder, import songs, select the file types, wait, click the naming format, hit okay. One “update library” click would look at the same folder with the same name format and look for any changes, and add songs or maybe update songs if the id3 tag was changed outside of the program.

jpmichel
    jpmichel
    Participant

Seconded… that would make life a lot easier, actually.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

I like that one, too! There is a new beta release available, however when installing directly from Karaoki you will get an error – for some reason the “EXE” at the end of the file name is being dropped when it’d downloaded in-app. You can add the “.EXE” to the end of the file name and it should let you install no problem – or you can download from this link:
    http://www.pcdj.com/downloads/karaoki/pcdj_karaoki_setup_0.8.6238.exe

This is pretty much all about bug fixes, although another beta will come soon with a couple feature changes/updates.

i am waiting on a log of all items that have been potentially fixed/updated and will post it here asap.

jocarbo
    jocarbo
    Participant

Ryan,

Initially I had a problem trying to install the new Beta from within Karaoki so I fiddled on my own and came up with an answer that worked for me. Even though I am an “Administrator” I tried opening Karaoki with the “open as administrator’ option in the right click dropdown box of the installed Karaoki program icon on my desktop. Ran like a champ after that. Thanks for the update and current state of affairs.

dftweedie
    Participant

Ryan …

Could it be possible to route a music streaming program or input from an adroid or ios device to the background music player. For an example, I have a Tidal subscription service that lets me download a playlist to my computer hosting Karaoki and play a local app off-line. I’d love to be able to use that music source for my background music player.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Thanks! We are considering adding support for Pulselocker. It’s a commercial viable (legal for public performance) option and works a lot like Tidal/Spotify. The difference is that you can use the service in a public venue where you charge for services – you can’t do that with Tidal/Spotify (their terms of use is for home/personal use only – so you could get in a bit of trouble with BMI/ASCAP etc).

Pulselocker is already in all of our DJ applications and is a big hit with our users. 44 million songs, in all genres, from major/independent labels. You can learn more about Pulselocker here.

jocarbo
    jocarbo
    Participant

What’s the possibility of a singers “Penalty Box”? You know; if a singer tries to skirt the rules/ procedures set up by the KDJ or venue master they can be placed in a “time-out” status that the software keeps track of. I know some KDJs might say they can and do it without help as I do right now. Just a thought to give us one less thing to manage while running the show.

bertiepr
    Blocked

This already exits Jocarbo. You can put a singer ON BREAK in SINGLE DATA section or BAN him permanently.

Viewing 85 posts - 1 through 85 (of 131 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.