Back to Karaoki Support Forum
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

**** HERE *****

Changes since last beta:
    Build #0.8.6537.25218 Nov 24th 2017

Bug Fixes/ Potential Fixes:
    Changes/Additions:

• Fixed various BGM automation issues.
    • Moved ‘End Silence Detection Time’ and ‘End Silence Detection Level’ options to ‘Video Options’ menu as these are now only used on some video files.
    • Fixed ‘Edit track -> Remove track(s)’ function
    • Possibly fixed video issues on some machines.
    • Fixed issues with cases, the case tree roots (My Library’, Search Results’, etc.) would save & show as sub cases in ‘My Library’. These sub cases will need manually deleting but then won’t show again.
    • Fixed various other items likely to cause instability.

I have completely rewritten the code for the BGM fade automation, please let me know how you get on with it.
    I have also fixed the issue with the case where the case tree roots appear as sub cases in ‘My Library’, when you start Karaoki the roots will still show as cases in ‘My Library’ until they are deleted.

Please post and bugs in this beta below.
    Regards

Alan.

asotelo2007
    asotelo2007
    Participant

Thank you so much for the hard work!! Will report back asap. Installed Now.

asotelo2007
    asotelo2007
    Participant

Here are a couple links to Youtube Videos I made of my experience with the new Update. Trying to be diligent about working this new update for my shows,

Working with it now for 30 mins I have not seen the issues that you described that were fixed.There are a few things tho that I found if you could take a look at that i have described in the videos.

This video talks about the BGM working properly and added in an issue that i’ve been having for a few months now with the secondary screen output causing the program to be unresponsive.

This video talks about a “choppiness” that happens when the BGM window is not open.

thedirtybird
    Participant

Nice little review there.. let us know how it goes after your show tonite.. I am hosting tonite but will not do the new beta just yet.. so keeping us informed is great 🙂
    Cheers..

Meep70
    Participant

Thanks for all your work, Alan. Tomorrow is one of my higher volume shows and always a good stress test, both for me as well as any software or hardware I happen to be working with. It certainly sounds promising.

asotelo2007
    asotelo2007
    Participant

Alrighty guys! Lets start with the good things! Almost four hours into my show and things are running great! Looks like a fresh restart cured that choppiness issue with the BGM window having to be open. There has been no issue with the BGM starting in the middle of a song. I love the increase of the search bar. Coming from the Full Release.. the search progress bar is super awesome and overall way faster.

Now for some bad which is extremely minimal. The BGM player Auto Fades ON AFTER a Karaoke Track ends no matter if you pause the music. For example if you wanted to immediately fade into DEX 3 to play some music at the end of a rotation. You have to let the BGM Auto Fade On and manually stop or fade out with the volume toggle. Previously, once you stopped the BGM before the karaoke would end to not Auto Fade it would not come on Automatically. It’s not a big deal to workaround but I thought it would be worth mentioning if you play alternate sources like I do.

Otherwise, Alan things are looking great!!!

asotelo2007
    asotelo2007
    Participant

Hey Alan,

Separate issue. Can I send you Event Logs from Windows if I get a force close? Will that tell you anything?

Meep70
    Participant

35+ singer rotation, four hours in and ZERO issues, at this point. I was confident enough that this would be a good beta that I upgraded 10 minutes before my show started.

Smooth and stable. GREAT work!

asotelo2007
    asotelo2007
    Participant

Well.. I’m sad to report that I had the Original BGM issue occur twice tonight.. On two separate occasions about 4 hours into the show the BGM Auto Faded in the middle of two singers songs. I’m going to try to do a Factory Reset with this BETA and restore Singer DATA as a last resort. Sorry guys.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Hi asotelo2007,

Please could you post the specs for your laptops, the issues you are having with the display seem to be linked to system resources and I would like to get to the bottom of this. I need details of your laptop(s) CPU, graphics card/GPU, RAM and OS etc.
    Also; could you email me the kj.xml file that Karaoki produces as this will enable me to set my configuration to the same as you have Karaoki set, the easiest way to do this is to get Karaoki to ‘Backup Data, and then send me the zip file it produces.
    The backup option is on the utilities item on the main option menu (the button next to the ‘screen 2’ button on the orange skin). The zip file will be located in the ‘PCDJ Karaoki/Backups’ folder in your documents folder.
    Email me > alan(at)pcdj(dot)com

Regarding the BGM auto fade… this is very strange, the new beta used an entirely different mechanism to generate the fade points and then implement them. The previous beta used level detection to determine and trigger the fade point, and then used the audio engines internal fade automation functions to do the actual fade.
    This beta scans the audio file for the final fade point and then uses an external timer based fade mechanism to physically fade the sound down. The only exception to this is when the fade point is misreported as sometimes happens with mp4 files, however this is easy to spot and then karaoke uses the audio level detection method that was used in previous Karaoki builds.

Anyone else still having the BGM fade back up in the middle of a track?

asotelo2007
    asotelo2007
    Participant

Here is the spec list of my main laptop that this happens on but like I said. Its happening across 4 different laptops.
    https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/Q534UX/specifications/

Email sent to you for the backup information.

As far as the BGM Auto Fade, it didn’t show up until after 9 hours of real time usage across 2 nights of shows. Once it started happening.. It happened pretty consistently. My only work around for the last hour of my show was to pause the BGM which strangely didn’t trigger play again when it auto faded in but the volume toggle would slide up on its own.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Your CPU is good as is the GTX950M and your HD620 Graphics are OK, are you running anything at the same time as Karaoki?

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Another question, you have TWO graphics cards on your laptop (Intel HD620 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M) What graphics card is Karaoki currently using?

asotelo2007
    asotelo2007
    Participant

Hey Alan,

I followed the article on PCDJ.com for optimizing your PC for use with its software. I have my Karaoki program set up to default to the nvidia 950. As far as using any programs, I consistently use the SongbookDB plugin. Periodically I might open Edge, chrome, and/or DEX 3 RE.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

OK… looking at the backup data you sent me you have BGM ‘Auto Pause’ disabled, could you try turning it on and testing at your next show and then let me know how what happens?
    This will help me determine if the volume being faded up is being triggered by the silence detector or the player fade mechanism as the only the silence detector will restart the player when paused.

asotelo2007
    asotelo2007
    Participant

I could try that out though.. its going to cause the same song to be played over and over for awhile in between songs. Can I use Auto-Pause and Skip to the next track to change it up a bit. Would that mess with anything you’re trying to figure out?

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Using the ‘Auto-Pause and Skip to next track’ option is fine.

thedirtybird
    Participant

Have a 4 hour show tonite.. new beta version loaded on laptop.. will be testing new beta tonite.. will let know how it goes. Cheers everyone and thanks for keeping up with feedback 🙂

jocarbo
    jocarbo
    Participant

Alan,
    Norton identified PCDJ_karaoki_setup_8.6537.exe as a medium threat (WS.Reputation.1) and quarantined it this morning. Probably a false positive but I thought you’d want to know.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

It’ll be a false positive, it’s because Norton doesn’t know the file signature yet so it flags it up as suspect, Its a common problem with Norton!
    More details in the link below.
    https://community.norton.com/en/forums/fed-wsreputation1

Hopefully to put your mind at rest…….
    Karaoki is scanned on at least two different machines each running a different av scanner before its uploaded. My primary development machine runs both Bitdefender Total Security and the full version of Malwarebytes, the 2nd development machine and my laptop both runs Avast, and my Mac runs Sophos.

Alan.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Ok… New beta time again!!

**** HERE *****

I’ve removed some old redundant code in the BGM, and given you the option to advance or delay the point that the BGM fades up after the end fade on the Karaoke track. The new option is on the BGM deck right click menu.

Build #0.8.6546.25377 Dec 3rd 2017
    Bug Fixes/ Potential Fixes:

Changes/Additions:
    • Removed old redundant BGM code.
    • Added ‘Karaoke End-Fade, BGM Start Delay Time’ option so the BGM start/fade-in at the end of a Karaoke track can be advanced or delayed.

thedirtybird
    Participant

New beta (not the one that came out today) .. first thing is after installation I went into library and removed the two folders that didnt belong, this forced me to have to rescan and rebuild my library (not a big issue as I am highly organized and was just a matter of pointing the cases to appropriate folders). Everything ran mostly great.. the lyrics did stutter 2 times and lag behind for about a second or two (not as bad as I have seen it in the past).. The BGM worked perfectly and I actually found searching was quicker (maybe the removal of those extra library-search folders have helped). That is my experience with the beta so far.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Thank you for the feedback,

With regard to the lyric stutter, Try this:
    Click on the main options menu and click the ‘CDG Options’ item. then click the ‘Jitter reduction’ button (will change to Orange when set).
    Unfortunately this option can’t be used with the Transparency Mode & scrolling backgrounds.

Alan.

thedirtybird
    Participant

OK Alan, I will check that out next time I load it up (this coming weekend).. stutter was meant as the lyrics get stuck for a few seconds and then catch up…can throw singers off.. but only noticed it happening twice.. not sure if it was after a search or not as was too distracted with customers to totally notice.. ill try pay more attention and try the newer new beta this weekend. Cheers.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

That’s exactly what this option is designed to overcome. Let me know how you get on.

asotelo2007
    asotelo2007
    Participant

Alrighty folks.. I have my final verdict. I’ve tested this beta for six shows up and down, through and through. Two Issues.

1) BGM Auto Fade Issue.. It has subsided from fading into music randomly.. I have associated the BGM to still Auto Fade after you have ran through all of your BGM Case Music (If you don’t have enough music to span your entire show. Ex. 4 hours of music for a 5 hour show) Once the BGM starts back at the top of your playlist and start playing songs from earlier in the night, it will cause an Auto Fade in the middle of songs. I’ve fixed this by simply increasing the music loaded in the BGM case. Solved it completely.

2) The program is still laggy from time to time as stated by “thedirtybird” This issue has been presence in all version I’ve tried. “Jitter Reduction” is engaged in CDG Options. What is Underscan?

Besides those.. everything seems to be in order.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Hi asotelo2007,
    Something really strange is happening with your systems; the Jitteriness shown in your earlier videos is most defiantly not normal and with the spec of the machine in the link you posted Karaoki should fly. Personally I don’t think the judder shown in your earlier videos is the same as described by thedirtybird.

Most of the test machines I use are quite old, the main development machine I use is nothing special and has a mid-range i5-4440 cpu from 2013 and only has the basic intel HD 4600 graphics, this machine has to run Karaoki and all my development tools simultaneously which it dose without issue. My main testbed machine dates from 2009-2010; it has by today’s standards a lowly Pentium Dual core E6700 CPU and a pedestrian GeForce 8400GS video card that sucks, again it runs karaoke without any performance issues.

The only time we normally see the jitteriness shown in your video is with very low cost Atom bases systems, this includes the current line of Celeron and Pentium cpu’s as they are mostly rebadged Atoms or the AMD equivalents.

We need to try a few of things:
    First, in your earlier post you said that your laptop was configured so karaoke uses the nvidia 950, could you try it using the Intel HD620.

Also, start karaoke and all other apps you would normally use at the same time, then press ‘Ctrl+Alt+Del’ simultaneously, click on the ‘Task Manager’ label, the ‘Task Manager’ should open and be displaying the processes, if not click ‘More Details’, then click on the CPU column so the processes are listed with the highest cpu usage at the top. Take a screen grab and email it to me. This will give me some idea what processes are running and if any are hogging resources.

I have also written a small app that will list your cpu, ram and video cards along with video drivers and driver dates, please could you download the zip file, then unzip it and run the app, then take a screen grab and mail it to me along with the grab of the task manager.
    The link is **** HERE****
    Windows will probably complain when you try and run the app as as far as its concerned its ‘Unrecognised’, if so click on ‘More info’ and then ‘Run anyway’

Thanks
    Alan.

asotelo2007
    asotelo2007
    Participant

Hey Alan,

The lag I described in my previous post was not associated to the lag shown in the video I posted in the past. What I mean is with every computer I’ve used.. Without any notice or known trigger, the video feed will entirely pause for approximately 3-5 seconds. Enough time to really throw off a singer.

There is also a different problem with putting people in and out of the rotation that causes a pause in the video feed as well when you have a long rotation. Alan, I’d really like to have a video call session with you sometime to show you these things and give you a better description. I’m invested in this program, I’d like to be of any service that I can. My computers are all top of the line and I’m using them 7 days a week.

Meep70
    Participant

I wouldn’t call it a lag as much as a glitchy pause. Once in a great while mine will do it, and it tends to happen when I am putting a song in for a singer while another one is singing. It happens while the Add or Select Singer dialog is up.

I can’t reliably recreate the issue, but most commonly, clicking OK simply adds the song (and singer if it is a new singer) to the rotation. Sometimes, though, it seems to struggle and the graphics pause.(Edited to add: …and the dialog doesn’t go away–it is as if you hadn’t clicked OK) Usually clicking OK again sends it on its way and the graphics snap instantly back into proper timing.

• This reply was modified 4 days, 1 hour ago by  Meep70. Reason: Inserting some clarity. :-)

For anyone who has scrolling issues with the Karaoke Lyrics that isn’t fixed by using the sync adjust features:

Are you using a laptop with the built in sound card? Because if you are, there is an EXCELLENT chance that is your problem right there.

This issue continually happened on my band new HP touchscreen laptop, until I started to use the USB soundcard that is built into my Yamaha MGX12

I also know several different users from a forum that I frequent that fixed this issue by installing an external sound card like the Lexicon Alpha

hope that helps,

-james

Meep70
    Participant

I run a high-end external card, so that isn’t the issue for me. It DOES seem to be a little more prevalent in the beta that started this thread (I haven’t updated to the one a few days ago, yet)

I have figured out how to duplicate the paused graphics glitch problem. It seems a little convoluted but it works almost every time to recreate the symptom.

1. Load a large list of songs in the BGM player. For reference, I have over 135 songs in my BGM.
    2. Start a karaoke track playing.
    3. Go to the BGM player and click the button to shuffle the songs.

Usually, step three will cause the graphics to pause until the songs are shuffled, then the graphics catch up by snapping to the proper place in the song, immediately.

jocarbo
    jocarbo
    Participant

Well, just updated to the latest reiteration of Karaoki and now all my videos (.mp4s) no longer work. Some of the things I tried to get them back:
    – Uninstalled CCCP Codecs and reinstalled. No go.
    – Uninstalled CCCP Codecs and loaded PCDJs Codec setup. No go.
    – Created new case with .mp4s in it. No go
    – Reinstalled Karaoki Version 0.8.6368. (Used CCCP Codecs as well as Karaoki’s) Same no go.
    Each time was with a reboot of the system. I use it on my Dell laptop ( i7CPU, NVida GTX960M Graphics and/or Intel HD 530).
    I’m no Video expert and not sure of any Codec stings I might need. Anyone else having these problems or have any ideas what to do to fix this? All help appreciated.

asotelo2007
    asotelo2007
    Participant

Wanted to provide you guys with an update and a single post of all of my findings. I’ve solved all of my complaints through trial and error. The following are all of my work-around fixes and Configuration Settings to Optimize the latest Beta of Karaoki. It is running stable as ever with Build #0.8.6546.25377 Dec 3rd 2017

1) If you are experiencing the BGM Auto Fade Issue still, it may be because you do not have enough songs listed in your BGM Case. Dependent on how long your show is.. You want to ensure that you have plenty of music to span at least an hour over your regular scheduled show just incase you decide to extend your show. When I didn’t have enough music loaded, the BGM was starting to replay music from the beginning of the show.. this is when the BGM Auto Fade Issue was happening.***If you’re not familiar with the BGM Auto Fade Issue, it is when you are currently playing a Karaoke CDG File and the BGM will Auto Fade Volume in the middle of the Karaoke Track.. very distracting.***

2) If you are having issues with the Karaoke Lyrics pausing randomly.. I have associated this issue as Emptyorchestra stated previously to an issue with the Audio. I have fixed this issue though by simply Checking MONO and VU Refresh at 10 fps Options in the Configuration Window. Smooth sailing.

3) If you are having issues with the Karaoke Lyrics pausing when you take someone in and out of the Rotation when you have a list longer than 10 peeps.. I have fixed this issue by simply checking Double Buffer List Drawing in the Configuration Windows. Further Smooth Sailing.

Turns out most of these issues had fixes built right into the program already but I never had it suggested to me nor have I seen it in the forum. Hopefully this helps someone. Cheers!

Here is a picture of my Config Window.
    Configuration Window

Meep70
    Participant

Nicely done! Thanks for reporting what works for you, and hopefully for others as well.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.