Back to Karaoki Support Forum
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

For some reason I cannot post this in the old thread so I’ve started a new one!!!

****New Beta HERE *****

This beta is the same as the last except:
    1. The AV engine has been changed back to the version used in the beta previous to the last beta. this should hopefully resolve the issue with the BGM that appeared in the last beta.
    2. The History and Singer Screen buttons on the main screen now toggle the respective screens on and off.

Extract from the change log:
    Build #0.8.6368.23085 June 9th 2017

Changes/Additions:
    • Changed AV engine back to previous version due to issues with BGM.
    • History and Singer Screen buttons on the main screen now toggle the respective screens on and off.

• This topic was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  Ryan Sherr.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Thank you, Alan!!

vinylmixer
    Participant

Hi Alan/Ryan
    The new beta seems to have sorted out the problem with the background music fading back in smoothly (starting, stopping, then starting again.)

It has not sorted out the problem with the background music starting another track again just after the karaoke track starts. (this problem occurs when you start a karaoke track when the background music is towards the end of the track, say five or six seconds to go) As I am aware of this problem I make sure I start the karaoke track 20 seconds before the bgm track finishes, so I avoid this glitch. Anyone using auto karaoke cannot of course avoid this problem.

The problem with the bgm starting in the middle of a karaoke track is intermittent, therefore I cannot say if this new beta has solved this problem. I hope this information helps.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

Hi bertiepr,
    Thanks for the heads up.

By default Karaoki stores the different languages in individual xml files in “C:\Program Files (x86)\Karaoki\Language Packs\”. You can open the xml files with notepad and edit the text to whatever you wish, you can also make your own…

Open one of the existing files with notepad, edit it and save it with a new name, depending on your user privileges you may need to save the new file to your desktop and then manually copy it into the ‘Language Packs’ folder….. Then when you restart Karaoki you will see your new text file in the list of languages.

Best
    Alan

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

I have just had a look at this and the “Siguiente cantante en XX” text should actually be displaying “Siguiente cantante en XX segundos.” However at certain screen sizes the string is too long and is being truncated. The text should automatically resize to fit the screen but something is going wayward.

A work around until I have chance to fix this is to change the “ segundos.” string in the xml file to “s”

Best
    Alan.

Meep70
    Participant

A bug I have been seeing, lately, when using SongbookDB….

When a user turns a song in via the kiosk or the app, it erases their history if their name is not already in the rotation.

To avoid the problem, make sure the singer is in the rotation before sending a request from SongbookDB.

If it is too late, there’s still hope. Delete the singer from the show (not from the rotation, from the SHOW) and choose NOT to save their data when you delete them. Now, manually add the singer back to the rotation (their history is still there!). Now, either manually add their song, or send it from SongbookDB again.

thedirtybird
    Participant

New version works ok but the BGM is still having issues like mentioned above.. if song is anywhere near end or beginning of a bgm track and you start a singer.. both BGM and Karaoke track play at the same time.. My boss used it last week and was not impressed.. I have kinda learned to work around it.. but you need some kind of code added to the program that makes it impossible to have both bgm and karaoke track playing at the same time to eliminate this issue.. but on the upside the name of singer and song has been fixed. Please fix the BGM asap so that we can put these year long issues to rest..

blaircarriere
    Participant

I’ve also been experiencing the same BGM Bug as thedirtybird

blaircarriere
    Participant

Also noticed in the last few beta updates that under My Library: 2 cases keep being automatically created (My Library & Search Results). I keep deleting both & they keep being recreated…
    Any ideas?

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

“Search Results” should be its own main case/tab under My Library – is it really showing as a sub-tab under MY LIBRARY? The “search results” main tab/case is the newer library view (which has been in Karaoki for a few versions) – when you click on it the search results display in the middle library pane and the entire right size is expanded top to bottom for the singer rotation list.

As for the My Library sub-case: Karaoki usually only creates a sub-case for “my library” if you don’t already have a case you’ve created under the main MY LIBRARY case. Do you have other cases?

blaircarriere
    Participant

Yes, I’m aware of the new search feature & I Love it! But Both “My Library” & “Search Results” are showing up as a sub-case under MY LIBRARY. I delete them, but they keep coming back.

My Cases Are As Follows: (CASE In CAPS, Sub-Case has – before it).
    MY LIBRARY
    – Karaoke
    – My Library <— Keeps being created automatically
    – Search Results <— Keeps being created automatically
    – Videos
    SEARCH RESULTS

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

That’s about the weirdest thing I’ve ever seen occur in Karaoki! I have no idea how that’s even possible but to me it would have to be some type of DB issue. The only thing that may fix it is a reset using the Karaoki file manager. Let me send this thread to Alan to see if he has any (different) suggestions!

Meep70
    Participant

Mine is doing that, too. I thought that maybe the behavior was intended, so I never thought to mention it. I can email a screen shot if you like.

I DO see another issue that has cropped up. If I choose to start a new show rather than loading the last show, it loses the singer data from the previous show. Singer histories are left intact, it simply doesn’t save the things they did in that show.

BTW, thanks to you and Alan for all that you do!

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Please email me a screen shot – rsherr AT PCDJ dot com. I’ll supply to Alan directly for review.

bertiepr
    Blocked

Hi bertiepr,
    Thanks for the heads up.

By default Karaoki stores the different languages in individual xml files in “C:\Program Files (x86)\Karaoki\Language Packs\”. You can open the xml files with notepad and edit the text to whatever you wish, you can also make your own…

Open one of the existing files with notepad, edit it and save it with a new name, depending on your user privileges you may need to save the new file to your desktop and then manually copy it into the ‘Language Packs’ folder….. Then when you restart Karaoki you will see your new text file in the list of languages.

Best
    Alan

THANKS !!!!

blaircarriere
    Participant

Ryan Sherr
    Please email me a screen shot – rsherr AT PCDJ dot com. I’ll supply to Alan directly for review.

I Emailed you a screenshot 😉

thedirtybird
    Participant

Having the same issue of strange cases showing up in library as others..my boss asked me about this and I had no answer..hes bugging me a lot about why this software does not work as it should and if I have seen when it will be updated to proper working version soon. We really like the Search bigger window thing though and we have gotten used to the karaoke fixed rotation software.. we had to find a way to make it work for the bar where we change rotation a lot and have singers leave often and new ones appear.. have to say its actually making things easier now we know how it works and entering multiple songs at once for a singer is pretty nice… so I take back my demand for a no software run rotation.. lol

– My Library <— Keeps being created automatically
    – Search Results <— Keeps being created automatically

Yes I have the same things being created in the Library.. and adding songs to a new case.. I had to import twice to get them to stick inside it.. not sure why…seemed like first time i chose import they did not go where I told them.

So two things still on my list of needs fixing (the library strange cases appearing and the BGM not working properly)..
    Hoping these things will be addressed with the utmost urgency as for proper operation it would be nice to count on the software to work as it should without live glitches caused by the program itself. The most important of all though is fixing the BGM… I have to be ready to cut it if it starts playing during a karaoke song…that takes away my attention from customers etc..

Thanks.. hoping an update and fixes come soon 🙂

asotelo2007
    asotelo2007
    Participant

Does anybody ever have an the video feed pause or stutter when adding a new singer to the rotation?

Meep70
    Participant

Yes, sometimes, but not VIDEO. It only happens on CDG. usually, it is a quick, barely noticeable glitch, and occasionally, the lyrics freeze for several seconds.

asotelo2007
    asotelo2007
    Participant

Yes. CDG sorry thats what I meant. Its always been present in all the betas I use but is only not present in the “full release”

Meep70
    Participant

If you click the fadeout button and then as soon as the karaoke track fades out and click the Load Next Singer button as soon as it becomes available, the BGM starts but doesn’t fade out when the karaoke track starts.

John Surridge
    Participant

I can’t seem to purchase through the stores

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

John, have you checked your email notification’s? Where are you located? The only store available in the USA is the Karaoke Cloud store, but in EU you can access the Select A Track store for in-app purchases. Are the songs you’re attempting to purchase have a “KC” next to them, or an “SAT”?

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

I would like to add that there are many other development cycles regarding karaoke we’re dealing with internally, some of which you already know (karaoQ), and there are others you don’t – such as a new subscription and store option. While they aren’t necessarily holding up anything, there have been exploratory efforts. As with any business our customers are not going to be privy to all of our development and partnership plans.

Meep70
    Participant

My shows since the last beta are almost entirely bug-free, and the bugs that ARE there are easy to work around and don’t even affect my workflow 99+ percent of the time. Once in a great while, I will get a crash or some weird behavior but I haven’t had a duplicate singer in ages, and BGM is problem-free for me as well, other than an occasional (less than once a month with about 20 hours a week in live production) failure to fade out properly.

Bertie, if you want a bug-free experience, use the public release. If you want the features of the beta, they come with bugs. Deal with it. If this isn’t the product for you, move on to one that better fits your needs, like you keep threatening to do.

Have you tried adding a second audio device for the BGM? (one for karaoke tracks, the other for BGM) Sure it requires another input on your mixer, but the benefits of having a separate slider for BGM and karaoke makes life easier than you might imagine. Also, make sure the issues you are having aren’t caused by a buggy sound card driver, to begin with.

Meanwhile, those of us who enjoy the challenge of running a beta and knowing there will be issues would appreciate having CONSTRUCTIVE conversation here on the board as we work through the issues we find and help each other out while giving Ryan and Alan valuable input on what is going on. If you don’t have anything nice to say….

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Just a small update to let you know where we’re at with publishing a new beta…

The BGM fading back up in the middle of a song is being a PITA and taking us/Alan much longer than we envisaged. Alan’s had to rewrite all the code that handles the fading for the BGM and the Main CDG player. The hope is to get something out soon regardless. He is working diligently on this right now.

Meep70
    Participant

I have seen an issue with the current beta when I am playing a VIDEO file, and it occasionally happens with a CDG file, too, but EVERY time on video.

When I start a video file, the volume on the main player goes to ZERO. Silent. Stopping the song and then pressing the play/pause button will usually make it correct the volume back to my preset level. I suspect that this is related to the other fading issues, but mentioning it just in case it isn’t. The previous beta did not have this issue.

flashback
    Participant

Since the last Windows 10 update Karaoki is hardly working. At first I couldn’t get karaoke songs to play then after adding some BGM songs, it will start to open the program but never actually opens. Right now it basically does not work at all.
    Any updates scheduled.

Meep70
    Participant

Have you tried re-installing Karaoki? Reinstall .NET?

asotelo2007
    asotelo2007
    Participant

Any status update for us good sir? It’s been a few.. Thank you.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

The new beta is out today…. It has a new thread.

jocarbo
    jocarbo
    Participant

Hi Alan,

Great news about the new build! Where can we find the download link/ I can’t seem to find it posted anywhere. Thanks for all your hard work.

asotelo2007
    asotelo2007
    Participant

Hey Jocarbo,

The link is posted in a NEW THREAD at the top.

It’s labeled New Beta, Build #0.8.6537.25218 Nov 24th 2017

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by asotelo2007 asotelo2007.
    jocarbo
    jocarbo
    Participant

Thanks, asotelo2007. I was looking in the wrong place! No fun getting old but it does beat the alternative!

Joe

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.