Back to Karaoki Support Forum
Viewing 85 posts - 1 through 85 (of 144 total)
  • Author
    Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

PLEASE VISIT PAGE TWO FOR CURRENT BETA DOWNLOAD AND WHAT’S NEW, FIXED OR UPDATED

Hi All,

New beta with a few bug fixes and some additions, it has also got other changes but they are not documented here.:
    ***** Click here ******

Build #0.8.6064.23419 Aug 8th 2016
    Bug Fixes/ Potential Fixes:
    • Double Singer/song BUG found.
    • Search database enhancements for KaraoQ360.
    • Comms Extended for KaraoQ360.

Added/Changes:
    • Keyboard Ctrl Commands:
    Ctrl + b = Fade To Stop
    Ctrl + n = Auto-Cue and Play (Restart Track)
    Ctrl + v paste Into Search box from clipboard.

Alan.

• This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Alan Wood Alan Wood.

Meep70
    Participant

Sweet! Just seeing this. I will give it a try for tomorrow’s show.

Meep70
    Participant

Two shows in, and so far, this is as smooth as it has ever been. Nicely done! I have yet to have a BIG show, where I really work it hard, but I will, soon.

jocarbo
    jocarbo
    Participant

Just ran a show the other day and ran into a few problems. I never had any double singer entry problems to speak of until this build. My double entries are showing up in the singer data bases. It’s intermittent so I’m not sure if it’s something that happens after doing the same things or not. Additionally, when I close out the singer database screen and reopen it, the double entry goes away. More of an irritation than anything else. However, one problem that has returned for me is the problem I was having with Screen 2 opening in the extended portion of the screen. Just like before, it doesn’t. I tried the fix you gave me before but it doesn’t work. (Changing the KJ.xml ‘Open Screen2 Window’ to False or True has no effect). The workaround I have to use is to drag the Screen 2 Window to the extension then click on the Maximize button to fill the screen. Thanks for the update though. Things were getting too quiet around here!

flashback
    Participant

Huston we have a problem! I just updated my Windows 10 to the Anniversary version and Karaoki will
    not load. It starts to and says it’s indexing but the Karaoki screen fails to appear. It is minimized on the tray but won’t load from there either. I downloaded the latest beta again but that did not change anything. Hope this can be fixed soon.

flashback
    Participant

Update: I tried downloading the official stable version of Karaoki…5633 and had the same problem…it won’t load the program. I also tried loading the program in compatibility mode and that didn’t work either Their must be a fundamentally incompatibility with the new Windows 10 update.

bertiepr
    Participant

I am using Windows 10 (64) latest update and Karaoki have no problem running.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

I have the latest Windows 10 update, too. I just checked to make sure. Must be something else local, maybe a .NET library thing. You could just try a reset with the file manager and then re-install – may fix whatever is broke but of course you’ll be completely resetting Karaoki.

flashback
    Participant

I did try uninstalling Karaoki and reinstalling the official stable version (did not work) then reinstalled latest beta again. Also tried rebooting and that did not work either.

Make sure we are talking about the same update. I just updated to the Aniversary version of Windows 10
    Version1511, OS Build 10586.545.

flashback
    Participant

I now have spent hours updating Windows 10 to version 1607 The Anniversary Update and I get the error message Karaki program is incompatible.
    Please help me get the program running again.

kickasskaraoki
    Participant

Used the new beta last Fri night.. The doubling pretty much went away. However, It kept dropping singers out of the rotation. I would load a singer in. It would show up and as I added new singers.Somewhere along the line it would just drop the singer out of the rotation..

flashback
    Participant

You’re a genus. Just tried the reset option in Karaoki Manager and that worked…I have Karaoki back again.
    Thanks
    Steve E.

absoluteAU
    Participant

Control + N works great

i have no need for the Control + V

however the Control + B function does not work on my system, is there something that needs to be done first? ( ie. a setting that needs to be set up etc )

flashback
    Participant

I’m just speculating but I think that when I upadated Windows 10 to version1511 the history files in Karaoki got corrupted. I say this because when the program began to load it failed at the point where it was loading the history files. When resetting Karaoki I opted to reset just the history files but not the cases. Resetting worked and Karaoki is once again loading normally.

TheFox
    Participant

Today I upgraded to the latest public beta version. Upgrade went OK with no obvious errors. Program came up and seemed to have all databases etc. correct. The program came up with a list of 4 songs in rotation as expected. A problem occurred on my first interaction. I decided to play the 3rd song on the list, so clicked on it and pulled it over to the the green start button as I have done in earlier versions. An hourglass immediately appeared on the screen. After almost a minute of waiting it appeared that the load function had locked up. I tried other operations to load another song for playing to no avail. Finally, after many trials, the load function completed and a song that I had earlier tried, was loaded. It seems that after many attempts, the function decided to become operational, and decided to function properly. After overcoming this hurtle things seemed to work. I decided to close the program and opened it again, and also restarted to PC – after both actions, the program performed the same – would not load a song pulled up to the start button until some sequence of trials seemed to fix the error.

How can I downgrade to the earlier version I was using?

bertiepr
    Participant

Hi,

Double Singer/song bug remain causing headaches. All is fine until I decide to edit a singer name or remove singers from rotation. After that point the software is a mess: duplicates names/songs, song titles are replaced by an ADD A TRACK OR YOU WILL BE SKIPPED message, rotation order in the list is changed. Also, it seems to have problems “refreshing” the rotation screen.

When I select a singer and right click over his name to edit his record, the singer data screen is opened and a pop windows show always the name of the wrong singer. In fact, shows the name of the last singer selected before the actual.

Meep70
    Participant

I am having some sporadic crashes, at the beginnings of the night, but last night a had a 45+ rotation and it was mostly smooth.

The problem Bertiepr reported about editing singers is something that I have dealt with all along. I always assumed I just needed to click to select the singer, first, THEN right click. But, yes, I can confirm that is an issue that is recurrent. –To clarify, I am referring to his second paragraph. I haven’t experienced the first problem.

TheFox
    Participant

Is anybody getting any responses on their posts? As best as I can tell, I have not. Perhaps I just don’t know where these responses are posted. Can anyone provide any help?

Meep70
    Participant

There’s not always a direct response, but rest assured that the things you post here are being heard. Some of the features and the bug fixes that we now take for granted are the result of people speaking up on these threads. If there is something wrong, share as much detail as you can, and if there is a feature that might make your show smoother, then speak up and share.

Meep70
    Participant

When I first start Karaoki, and start immediately trying to add singers and do other tasks, it is unresponsive and even freezes a bit, for the first few minutes. Sometimes, there are crashes at the beginning, which I have reported to Alan, directly.

I had a really smooth show, last night. There were 25+ singers most of the night, and no issues whatsoever with ANYTHING on Karaoki. The only thing I did differently:

At the beginning of the show, I opened Karaoki and walked away from the computer, to set other things up. Several minutes later, when I came back, I dismissed the logins for KaraoQ/KCP, and then went on about my show.

Waiting, for some reason, seemed to help quite a bit. It is as if there are resources that Karaoki is not loading right away, or is loading slowly, and given the chance to load, things stabilize. I’ll continue to do things that way, and see what happens.

soundchaserdj
    Participant

Hi, I have a Background Music Player issue for the first time with the new Beta. I use Continuous Play setting, and now when a singer’s karaoke song starts playing, the BGM fades volume down like it should, but after a few seconds it pops the volume back up and the Background Music plays at the same time as the karaoke song. This doesn’t happen every time a singer starts, maybe 50% of the time.

myouse
    Participant

Hi
    I’ve come across a little problem with the new beta, I’ve repeated the problem over and over and it pretty much happens everytime. When using the auto pause, and pause and load next track, on the BGM player, if you load next singer in the last 10 seconds of the BGM song playing, and you hit dead air with both the end of BGM song and start of karaoke song, the BGM player will carry on playing the next song with no fade out, at the same time as the karaoke song.
    Also a I have found when the BGM player fades out sometimes the slider will jump back up then back down to pause.
    Cheers

When using Scan Case Using Naming Convention, any files with a . in the file name before the file extension are not scanned correctly. For example, all songs by Hank Williams Jr. are not scanned and named correctly in the case. This is not a problem in previous versions and downgrading to the stable version fixed the problem.

myouse
    Participant

I’ve noticed this to, today after starting karaoki I seemed to have a lot of karaoke song in red (files not being read) so I rescanned the cases, and once the scanning was complete and I was prompted “Scan new songs using ‘Naming conventions’ or ID3 tag, alot of the ID tags are not getting read correctly. And I also have noticed the a.

myouse
    Participant

I’ve noticed this too, today after starting karaoki I seemed to have a lot of karaoke songs in red (files not being read) so I rescanned the cases, and once the scanning was complete and I was prompted “Scan new songs using ‘Naming conventions’ or ID3 tag, alot of the ID tags are not getting read correctly. I believe because of the full stop.
    One other thing I would like to mention, this happens with the stable built aswell, I have commented about this before, but I’ve just figured out what’s causing the issue. When I create an M3U file, and add it to the BGM player sometimes some of the songs don’t get read, I figured out that it’s any file or song with a comma in, the BGM will miss it out. So say I Have one song in the M3U file from a folder called, Now that’s what I call, because of the ‘s it won’t read this, remove the commas it works fine.

xtremescion
    Participant

Has anyone else had an issue with touch screen laptops? I have a brand new HP Envy. It’s beefed up and awesome, but I am having an issue with Karaoki on it. When in Karaoki, the screen starts acting like I am touching it in different places all over the screen. This happened 2 times during a 4 hour show and I had to close and restart both times. I have used the laptop many times after that including with Dex 3 and this has not happened. I have shows on Friday and Saturday this week and I am hoping it was a fluke, but just wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue.

kickasskaraoki
    Participant

Just a quick note. I ran a scan with PC Matic and it detected a virus within the latest beta.. Could this be the cause of some of our problems? The virus was cleaned and I have a gig tonight. I’ll keep you updated and let you know if this solved some of the problems I’ve been having!

Meep70
    Participant

I am not sure I buy the virus issue. I suspect that it came from somewhere else. A scan on Virustotal.com (online virus scanner that uses scanners from multiple companies found nothing in the installer. Here’s the link.

You may have bigger issues.

flashback
    Participant

Just got a new mixer that has a USB input port. I’m finding that using the USB input into Karaoki is unstable. I can get BGM to play all the time but Karaoke tracks usually don’t play although I did have it playing once. The speakers are set to USB in configuration. Has anyone else experienced this.
    Using the standard 3.5mm mic port works fine.

Meep70
    Participant

Just got a new mixer that has a USB input port. I’m finding that using the USB input into Karaoki is unstable. I can get BGM to play all the time but Karaoke tracks usually don’t play although I did have it playing once. The speakers are set to USB in configuration. Has anyone else experienced this.
    Using the standard 3.5mm mic port works fine.

I had a similar issue, related to the driver for the USB sound interface for a Behringer X32. It would work fine, unless something was plugged or unplugged from one of the OTHER USB ports. It is likely something similar, related to the driver of the sound device. I ended up just using an external sound card with a more robust driver.

For the sake of clarity, this is a Windows or driver issue, not a problem with Karaoki.

JKAHWATY
    JKAHWATY
    Participant

Has anyone had any issues with the video freezing? It catches me off guard when people say the video is frozen and the one way it does move again is to just move the cursor.
    Not sure why it does this and it does happen at least 2-3 times a night.
    I’m running Windows 7 on my MSI GT70 laptop with 16 GB of ram and NVidia Geforce GTX 675M/2GB GDDR5 video card.
    Any ideas or solutions?

xtremescion
    Participant

I have the same issue with video freezing. It seems to happen when I search a song and add it to the queue. All I have to do is move my mouse or click on the search bar to make it unfreeze again. It happens 2-4 times a night I would say.

Meep70
    Participant

Once in a great while, I will see the video freeze. More often than not, it is when I am adding some songs that I have bought, during the show. Also, occasionally, when I am adding a song for a user.

bertiepr
    Participant

New beta?

Meep70
    Participant

Feature Request:
    Sometimes kiosk and app users aren’t familiar with what disc ID they want, or even how to make that choice, so they arbitrarily choose, which often results in a less-than-stellar version (that I should probably delete, but that is another issue).

Sometimes they’ll see the “w/ vocal” and think that is the one they want, and dealing with the often not-so-good demo singer singing along with them can also be a problem, if I fail to notice that it is a multiplex track, and click the button for that. (Yeah, I need to delete those, too.)

What would help is something that was a feature of a competing product, where I could right-click on a song in the rotation, and choose “Find like song” and it would use the artist and title fields to run a search. From the results, a different version could be chosen, easily, without having to type a new search.

bertiepr
    Participant

Nothing happens here since 3 months. I’m starting to worry about the future of Karaoki. Competitors are improving their products so fast..

bertiepr
    Participant

4 months without a new Beta… Why is taking so long?

Meep70
    Participant

Good things come to those who wait. 😉

bertiepr
    Participant

Good things to competitors…

xtremescion
    Participant

Ryan,
    Are you still looking at this thread? Is there anything new coming, or are all the resources being put into Dex?

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Responded to the same question in the wishlist thread on this forum – for some reason I forgot to check the ‘notify me’ option on this thread!

We’re still wrapping up a new beta with loads of fixes, and KaraoQ support (Which admittedly has taking loads more effort than anticipated — good thing we think it’s going to be a huge hit!). I THINK we’re looking at next week, but it all depends on tomorrow’s pow-wow with the KaraoQ crew – some last minute niggles we’re trying to address.

I don’t think you’ll see a ton of other ‘new’ stuff in the beta, it’s primarily bug fixes, KaraoQ support and a couple other feature tweaks. After KaraoQ support is launched we can start digging into this request list further – and I’m sure Alan will have many questions for you all, and will once again start chiming in.

I know a couple of our main competitors only launch one major update a year, and trust me when I say what we’ve had to do for proper KaraoQ support has been a major undertaking. The new architecture in place for KaraoQ will help with other items/features/add ons in the future as well.

We’ll continue to bring you free updates, it’s just as important to us. Development of DEX 3 and DEX 3 RE are independent of Karaoki. They are completely different products designed by different developers/teams. Karaoki is managed by Alan Wood, the thread starter. He’s putting forth a constant effort to improve the product.

Obviously there are many items to cover in this thread. Some of these do seem to be unique, as this particular beta has been the free trial on our site since it came out (all new purchasers of the product since the beta have been using it over the public release of 0.8.5633 as well). We have also been collecting any submitted support tickets regarding the new beta and supplying them to development. This thread isn’t the only source, and the team at KaraoQ are providing us with valuable feedback, too.

Yes this particular beta has taken longer to launch than many of the previous (but not all) – we’re working as quickly as possibly without sacrificing product/code integrity.

I’ll try to keep you guys in the loop more often! I’ve checked off the ‘notify me’ box now, too 😉

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

BTW, for KCP subscribers, we plan to put the “no lyrics” tracks in their own tab, and allow you to exclude them from search results. This goes for the new karaoke music trivia included, too.

Meep70
    Participant

Thanks for the update! I suspected that KaraoQ was a resource intensive endeavor. I look forward to seeing the update.

absoluteAU
    Participant

OK,

I am getting alot of the same problems.

Karaoki Freezing when i load the first singer then its ok after that.

BGM fading then reappearing while Karaoke Song is playing… its bloody annoying.. lol

Video freezes a few times each gig… and it usually happens when i am talking to someone or getting a drink etc. and yes, simple move of the mouse or any activity fixes it… again bloody annoying.

Looking forward to the next release, with the bugs discussed on this thread hopefully addressed and fixed.

blaircarriere
    Participant

New Beta?

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Hi Blair,

We did just issue a new KaraoQ360 build of Karaoki for that test team yesterday, and have the following to wrap up for the new Karaoki beta (bug fixes also included, of course):

“Add filtering for the ‘No Lyrics’ and ‘Trivia’ tracks in karaoke cloud pro case and search, as well as getting the LRC playback plugin integration finished.”

So we’re close, as we only have those items to wrap up right now.

Meep70
    Participant

Excellent! Thanks for the update. Beyond the KaraoQ plugin and logons, are there significant differences between the two?

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Not a whole lot – the skin has a few tweaks and color changes, new branding, and has a default setup to auto-configure to karaoQ (as well as a SaaS version – meaning the Karaoki (karaoQ version) software + Karaoke Cloud Pro + karaoQ are offered as one subscription bundle price per month…AKA “karaoQ360”). But work done in the karaoQ build carries over to Karaoki, and vice versa. Same code base.

bertiepr
    Participant

I can´t believe how after six months since last beta (August) I continue having crashes and background music issues almost every night, without a single fix released in a half of a year. How Karaoki can think in releasing new features if the actual version is so unstable? Why are you thinking in release a beta with new features (KaraoQ) without the fix of issues from prior betas first? Each new beta not only leave old beta’s issues unsolved, but add new issues.

Sincerely, I can’t understand this company politics.

In the other hand, the WISH LIST forum have several unfulfilled release dates. Come on guys. I’m the one who gets embarrassed almost every night with my clients. And I can’t tell them that “someday” Karaoki will solve the programming flaws.

Please, rush the release of a beta that solves the old issues. Later, you can launch other betas with new features. And don’t invite me to use the “Full Version”, because it is a dinosaur without many important features, especially in the Auto-Karaoke mode.

I know my tone sounds annoying and I certainly am. This is already abusive. Other companies release betas once a year, I know. But they immediately correct the problems with the betas they throw.

As a customer, I feel abandoned by PCDJ Karaoki.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback. We plan to release a beta for Karaoki at the end of this week (along with a KaraoQ build that should be a public-testing-beta). I think I’ve noted a few times that Karaoki isn’t being neglected – in fact, with the KaraoQ team testing very thoroughly they’ve helped us greatly in discovering root causes to a few issues so we could address them.

I know it’s of no consequence to you specifically, but there are many (over 200) waiting for KaraoQ360 to launch for venue installations – some of whom have been waiting for over a year. Would we have made a different choice knowing what all would be involved in intergrating directly with KaraoQ? Maybe, but I doubt it – as we feel in a crowded marketplace it’s going to be a unique and sought-after solution.

We have a small, but quality team and we’re working as fast as possible.

Version 0.8.6064 has been live on our site as the free trial and what’s for sale for 6+ months – and sales have increased for the product since launching that beta. While there are most certainly a few niggles to address it has generally worked well for the new customers.

Hopefully you will no longer feel abandoned after the beta is posted Friday (or this weekend). It’s almost exclusively bug fixes other than the underlying KaraoQ support infrastructure.

We still love you all, valentine! 😉

bertiepr
    Participant

Thank you for answering my comment so fast. I am very pleased with your response. In spite of everything, I have continued using Karaoki because it is intuitive, simple and powerful at the same time. I have all my hopes that this new beta will solve the issues affecting the auto-karaoke module of PCDJ Karaoki. My best wishes to you. Happy Valentine’s week!

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Thanks Bertiepr, I know it’s been a long time coming and fixes/performance improvements are a priority – hopefully our best effort is good enough, but we’ll still be leaning heavily on our user community for reports and suggestions.

Meep70
    Participant

Most of the issues in the current beta are less prevalent if you do a few things at the beginning of each show.

1. Start Karaoki and wait at least a full minute after it completely loads. Do this BEFORE you do ANYTHING else. Don’t add or delete singers, and don’t click on anything that has to do with Karaoki Opening other programs seems to be OK. I don’t know what this does or why it helps, but consistently, I have far fewer crashes and glitches when I wait at least a full minute first.

2. After waiting, right-click on the rotation pane and choose new show. Save singer data and delete show history–every time.

Those two steps give me smooth nights, even with 30+ singers in rotation, at LEAST 90% of the time–and this is with a beta. I am looking forward to even better stability in the next beta

bertiepr
    Participant

Thank´s for the new beta. What´s fixed / included in BETA #0.8.6238?

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

I see you found it!

There is an issue installing the new beta from within Karaoki right now that we’re looking into at the moment – which is one reason I hadn’t mentioned it being available here yet. If you try to install from inside Karaoki using the “update” function when the file is downloaded it doesn’t apply the ‘.EXE’ extension – and it will produce an error when Karaoki tries to auto-run. If you change the file name and apply the .EXE you can then install it no problem.

I am waiting for a list of changes/fixes – that is indeed the primary purpose of this particular beta is to fix open issues. There will be another beta soon with some ‘new features’ and additions. This beta is primarily about maintenance and performance improvements with some under the hood stuff for KaraoQ.

Alan is reviewing all notes since it has been some time – we’ll post a list of potential fixes asap.

bertiepr
    Participant

Yes. The .exe extension is missing, but I added it manually. I will test it tonight.

Meep70
    Participant

Giving it a go, tonight. Friday and Saturday will be the real tests. Let’s rock this thing!

bertiepr
    Participant

4 nights testing the new beta without a single issue.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

That’s truly fantastic news! Please keep the reports coming. We hope to launch the beta with a couple new features in the next week or so – thus if there are any issues we can look at addressing them pre-release.

I’m still seeing issues where it’s not reading track names correctly when scanning a case when the artist name has a “.” such as “Hank Williams Jr.”.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

What is the complete file name for that file? It may just be the extraction method you’re choosing. I have plenty of files with “.” after the artist name or within the artist name (such as “ft.”) and they all display in the proper fields after applying the proper extraction method for the file naming convention.

Meep70
    Participant

The first show with the new beta, I had some errors. restarting the program each time got it running correctly for a bit. After submitting the crash reports to Alan, he pointed out that it looks like a memory problem on my laptop. I re-seated the RAM, and the next two shows were completely error-free and smooth. I’m looking forward to the next beta and the new features, but meanwhile having additional stability is great.

Just a couple of examples:
    File name A004-04 – Hank Williams Jr. – Hey Good Lookin’.zip shows the Artist column blank, the Title column has A004-04 – Hank Williams Jr and the Disk ID column is blank.
    File name A009-15 – Sophie B. Hawkins – As I Lay Me Down.zip shows the Artist column blank, the Title column has A009-15 – Sophie B and the Disk ID is blank.
    The Extraction Method I’m using is DiscID-Artist-Title and Use “space – space” is checked.
    If I downgrade to 0.8.5947 it will read all of my track names correctly. Every version after that has given me the same problem.
    Other than this problem I haven’t had any other issues with the latest build.

Alan Wood
    Alan Wood

This must be a very old bug as nothing has been changed in the scanner for years, and I was only made aware of the bug about 3 days ago…. I’ll get it fixed for the next beta.

bertiepr
    Participant

Bug found (latest beta):

Sometimes the software shows the wrong (Artist – Title) on the player. It show the info of the last played track. Looks like a refresh window issue.

jocarbo
    jocarbo
    Participant

Ran a production yesterday. The player showed the right singer but, instead of the song title it showed “Add a track or you will be skipped”. But, it did load the proper song and played it. I made a .jpg of the screen but don’t know how to attach it to this messaging system. If there is a way to do this please let me know. It seemed to happen after I deleted a song from the rotation list (a different singer).It seemed to work properly after that for a while but did it again several times throughout the showing.

Meep70
    Participant

It always shows the correct current singer. Sometimes it shows the proper song being played. Sometimes it shows the song that will be next (or “Add a track…”) and sometimes it shows the track that was most recently added to the rotation.

djhebert
    Participant

Frim watching my show play, the song that it shows the current singer singing is the one highlighred in the singers list at thw time you click the Load Next Singer button.

Also, IMHO, you shoukd start a new thread for this new beta.

Meep70
    Participant

I had a WEIRD glitch tonight that is making me a little nervous.I have a rotation long enough that I was just having to scroll, to see the bottom of the list.

I dragged a song from the left panel search window, and dropped it on the rotation list. At first glance, noting happened. No choosing a singer or anything, so I did it again. On the second drop, I realized that I no longer had to scroll my list of singers… Each drop had removed a singer from rotation. WEIRD. Fortunately, they were still present in the Singer Data screen. They weren’t showing as out of rotation on there. Also odd. I clicked the In Rotation button and it then showed them out of rotation, then clicking it again, they were once again in the rotation.

I will see if I can play with it offline to duplicate the exact conditions, but I am typing this at the moment while juggling a rotation of 35+ singers.

bertiepr
    Participant

A weird things happened last night.

1) Suddenly the whole list of singers just disappeared. The entire rotation list was lost.

2) The names of the singers were doubled in the rotation list, but not in the screen nor the (Singer Data). For some reason Karaoki is not able to redraw the list correctly, creating a mess of names. The fail only occurs after being edited a singer’s record to, for example, modify his name or unselect a song from his list. If you do not make changes to the (Singers Data), the bugs do not happen throughout the session.

3) When you click on a name in the rotation list to edit his record, the (Singers Data) screen opens with a pop-up that shows a different name, not the name selected.

The background music (my biggest nightmare) works perfectly so far. The volume fader don’t jumps and start playing background music overlay the karaoke track, like in the past..

thedirtybird
    Participant

I can confirm on first try of the newest(March 2017) update that the Deck of what file is currently being played is incorrect and randomly putting other songs in rotation as the song being played (mostly noticed it placing the last one on the list). Gonna use it again tonight and see what it has fixed for me and what has been broken.. Oh.. and just a general question.. how do i get to turn of rotation totally and just have a fixed list that i manually run.. It drives me nutz that if i change a song on the list or remove a singer it re-orders my singers playlists.. I don’t want computer assistance and have never figured out how to totally turn this rotation managed feature off.. any advice or tips on that would be appreciated. Thank you.

flashback
    Participant

I tried downloading new beta 8.6238from the program and got the following error.

Shellexecuteex failed: code 1155
    No application is associated with the specific file for this operartion

I tried to copy and paste error but it would not paste to forum.

thedirtybird
    Participant

Add an .exe to end of the file that is downloaded and then install..

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

TheDirtyBird – please use “FIXED” rotation mode and not list. List mode does have a number of issues and will likely be dropped from a future release entirely. In fixed mode pulling singers out of rotation will not re-order rotation or the like. You double click the singers name and click the “IN ROTATION” toggle button at the bottom of the singer data screen to pull a singer out of rotation in “FIXED” mode.

Flashback – the issue seems to only happen on windows 10, but as thedirtybird explained if you add the EXE extension manually you can install it (we’re looking into why this happening as the EXE extension is present on the file on the server). You can also download the latest beta directly on this page: http://www.pcdj.com/karaoke-software-karaoki-beta-0-8-6238/

Thanks to all for the various reports! It’s my understanding a new beta will be delivered soon with a few more fixes (and couple new features). We will start a new thread with that build to track things better.

thedirtybird
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.. I have had the FIXED rotation mode on before but often people want to change their song at last minute or they leave the venue.. so I just want to change their song or remove them from the list.. it seems in the past no matter what Option I have chosen.. the rotation still gets changed when mostly removing singer from the rotation list. I will try this feature again (Fixed) and let you know…But would prefer just an option for straight manual control (work in bar and people leave or change songs last minute often and not always same people so singer database and managed software rotation (managed by me and gets changed often) is not needed.

Just wanted to add that I had one time during last show with newest beta that my “searching” the database caused the words on the screen for singer to freeze for about 7 seconds… this only happened once in a 3 hour show..
    Also to add that the background music did not mess up but upon first opening the software and hitting play (initial start).. the first background track starts playing but volume goes down to ZERO.. I had to raise the volume with the slider but once that was done… it seemed to not have any issues after that and stayed consistent with the settings in configuration.

DB

thedirtybird
    Participant

Oh and again would like to reiterate that there could be a column to see the song time length for each song when searching. Some tracks are 9-10 min and need to be avoided in my situation (too long a song) so it would be really awesome to see that in any future versions. Cheers!

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Thanks, please let us know how it goes in FIXED mode You can change their song in Fixed mode too – just drag the new song to their name and click ENTER (So is then inserted into their personal queue). Double click their name and move the new song to the top. Or just drag the song directly to the deck if they change their mind last minute, right click on their name and choose to ‘move to bottom’

As long as you don’t DELETE the singer from rotation, instead double-click their name and click the IN ROTATION toggle to pull them out, I don’t think any issue will occur in the rotation list

When the search froze the lyrics on screen, was it a broader search than usual? Yielding more search results? Just curious!

As for displaying ‘time’ – I believe I mentioned before that a type of files scanning process would have to occur for this to work as karaoke files typically will not have ‘length’ in the tag data (unless someone specifically applied it). It would probably be ‘easier’ (from my high-level view of how development works anyway) to ‘get length’ on the song once played the first time. Since we are scanning the file at that point. I like the suggestion personally, I can see how other KJs would benefit.

Alan, the Karaoki lead developer, is viewing this thread so he is aware of the issues being posted. Again, we really appreciate the feedback and keep the reports coming!

d4269
    Participant

I’ve gotta say I agree 100% with dirtybird, I find the fixed rotation a real pain in the backside lol! I’m in charge of my shows & I have a system that works perfectly for me. I put the singers in where I want them, when I want them. I do it better than any automated system will do because I’m at my shows, looking at whats in front of me and after 30 years I know what I’m doing. Fixed rotation also falls down when you have singers that put in songs to do on their own, as well as duets. I’m very strict and will only allow one song per singer per round. So to see ‘Jimmy put a song in or you’ll be skipped’ right alongside Jimmy and Jenny doing a duet is infuriating and I’m doing more shuffling around than I ever did before and I’m forever moving names up and down. It would be nice to just have the old fashioned way back (Ryan I do completely accept that for inexperienced hosts they might prefer fixed rotation because they don’t have to think, but surely both can be an option).

I too, on a single occasion had lyrics freeze the other night. However mine wasn’t on a search, it was when dragging a song from the search box to a singers name. To be fair, it was once though, in three shows. Very odd and I’d almost forgotten about it.

Love the idea of a track length display, would be very useful indeed.

Lastly, I too had the issue of the singer and wrong song being displayed (yet right track plays). The system is picking up whatever track is highlighted in the rotation list (or you will be skipped message).

All that said, its still the best hosting software I’ve used, and I’d hate to be in Ryan or Alan’s shoes getting all these comments lol!! 🙂

flashback
    Participant

Downloaded new beta 8.6238 and found out when it comes to the BGM it has bugs. Tried to create a new BGM case the way i have been doing it for years. Loaded a random BGM case, cleared it and scanned folder for songs then saved case with new name. In the past doing this has not wipe out the original folder but now when I load BGM cases my case is there but with no songs. Before reloading the case would list all the songs again. I checked in Karaoki File Manager and file is till there in its original size. One other issue, when I load BGM cases and select the BGM case that now does not list songs, clicking on cancel does not work and won’t cancel the load screen and double clicking on the BGM case brings up an error screen which asks if I want to continue or quit. The only way to get out of it is to quit.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Thanks d4269, I understand why someone may want to use the old list mode, and we may think about updating it. I do however want to make sure you know that there are settings in fixed mode that you may want to explore – such as auto-removing singers from rotation if they don’t have a song in their queue (so you won’t see ‘add a song or you will be skipped’). You can also make sure they don’t display on screen 2 if they don’t have a song in their queue.

Maybe a ‘duet’ singer entry in rotation is in order in the future, as well.

Thanks guys!

d4269
    Participant

Hi Ryan, yes I’m aware of those options, but on my previous version (untried on this new beta), if you used the auto remove feature, then tried to add the singer back into the rotation later in the night, it reshuffled the singer list and deleted several of them too. I quickly learned that was to be avoided lol!! But I do emphasise, that was on my previous version and not tried in this beta. I’m out again Thursday, I’ll try it again. I’m sure it’ll be fine now

thedirtybird
    Participant

I did not notice when the new version hung the words during a search as I was distracted at the moment.. was talking to someone about a song i searched.. then singer turned to me with expression and told me words had stopped displaying.. I then looked at screen and it started back up again. I do not recall if the search was a large one or not (have 27k songs in library but search results are usually within 10 as I have a nice ordered song list).

I do not like the rotation software at all for my venues and the “fixed” thing is of no use to me as I do not use the rotation screen or options or singer database etc at all.. in a bar setting where there are only a few regulars and many new singers each week.. the database is of no use. I would prefer just a list with no rotation options other than I can drag or remove or change a song without any kind of re-ordering by the software. so basically i want a playlist that I manage with no computer involvement or rotation managing interference. To remove a singer or change a song I have to take a picture of the current singer playlist with my phone.. remove the singer .. then look at the picture I took and fix the rotation back to the way I wanted it. (a bit of annoyance as almost every show someone(s) wants to change their song last minute or the singer has left the venue without any notice to myself).

I also noticed a bit of lag when adding a new singer(and song) to my list (I drag from search result to right side singers list as again I have no use for rotation managed screen) on a few occasions..

I will be using it again this weekend for 2 shows (usually 2 shows each weekend at 2 different venues) so I will let you know of any more issues.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Curious then thedirtybird, why not just use VLC player? It can play karaoke files and just has a basic playlist..

What I’m getting at is we’re catering to the pro KJ that requires a managed rotation. The “Fixed” rotation mode was (and still is) the most requested change we ever made to Karaoki. Sales literally tripled after it was added. There are many free karaoke players with just a simple playlist if that’s all a KJ requires to host successfully.

With that said, have you tried “Solo Artist Mode” for rotation? That’s basically makes the rotation list function like a basic playlist – no singers needed. I would try it on for size!

thedirtybird
    Participant

This software is what my “boss” has me using. No choice there. Also having the searching of 27k songs is handy while in the same window and environment. What I am asking is not a huge option.. just no management. Also solo artist.. i need to be able to see and announce who is singing and what song they did and seeing the history to make sure no one sings the same song… so solo artist is of no use as well. I like it just the way it is now but just want a manual managed rotation playlist. I like the software just for what “we” do and that would be the best new feature we could use. The rest is fantastic except for the small glitches mentioned. It is almost perfect.. just that one feature we require (also user d4269 mentioned the same thing.. we know what we are doing with rotation (KJ decides who sings in what order – can depend on how much money they are spending in bar as well – buying lots of drinks.. you sing more.. sipping a pop or water all night.. you sing less… with this in mind you can see how there is no need for “rotation computer managed solution” for our venues.)

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Cool, thanks for the explanation. While we’re still deciding whether or not the old “list mode” will go the way of the caveman (or stay put with fixes) – or be introduced into a new separate product (which is an option) – this certainly provides additional food for thought.

What happens when you have a singer request 3 songs to sing for the night, at once? With list mode you’d have to add them to rotation three times. Therefore you have to remember their order once other singers/songs are added. If you have 10 singers with everyone singing 1-3 songs it could get a bit tricky to maintain a fair rotation. But as you said, you can without issue 🙂

Viewing 85 posts - 1 through 85 (of 144 total)

The topic ‘New Beta: Build #0.8.6321.25040 April 22nd 2017’ is closed to new replies.