Back to DEX 3 Support Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

JSmithdj
    Participant

Would it be possible to add this fix to all future versions of PCDJ/ That way when the files are added, it will automatically fix the file, thus saving ALOT of time sending the individual files through the fix.

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Hello JSmithDJ,

If that were possible, we’d already have done it years ago when we first launched the new platform (DEX 2).

Mp3trimpro is a third party tool. We don’t dabble in any technology quite like that. We have made many (in vein) attempts at adding a way for the software to simply ignore the bad frames caused the the older VRM software products.

The inability for us (the software) to simply ignore the bad frames caused by VRM is due to how our new audio engine works, there’s nothing else quite like it out there (it’s entirely custom – unlike all previous PCDJ software iterations where much of the decoding/engine was licensed). We buffer the entire track into RAM as well – which further complicates things.

MP3trimPro and db power amp have both done a good job of removing the bad frames. Keep in mind this issue only occurs on songs played through VRM – and the issue is with the files themselves. The best thing to do is to fix the issue at it’s core with one of the aforementioned tools.

You do not have to do one file at a time with mp3trimpro – you can do entire directories at a time. Have you figured that out?

JSmithdj
    Participant

I should have known better! Sometimes I don’t remember who I am dealing with. I apologize for insulting your intelligence. This shows my LACK of knowledge dealing with computers. It’s gonna take me A LONG TIME to fix all the tracks I have. I started with PCDJ back when there was only RED.

I’ve loved PCDJ and continue to do so. You have ALWAYS been very kind and patient when I call in with a problem. (By call in I mean through a support ticket.)

Thanks again for your patience with me,

Jim Smith

Ryan Sherr
    Keymaster

Hey no worries! Always glad to help – and trust me when I say I would LOVE to be able to address this in our software directly somehow. Not ruling it out, but previous attempts as noted have been fruitless.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.